Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 16:06

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Almost didn't make it!

I just had dinner and I had it all planned out. Summer harvest pie with whipped cream for my sweet thing, and a pear for the fruit. I have had some bartlett pears in the house for a few days and they were just now looking perfectly ripe. Well, son showed up with some chocolates with hazelnuts... hmmm.. give up the pie? No way. I want both! No way, I said I wouldn't... but, maybe just one? NO WAY!

Next part of the challenge, polish off the pie and bite into the pear... oh oh.. its not sweet and juicy like it looks on the outside.. it is a dud. Dry and mealy. So, quick change back to prunes, which I really should have had in the first place. I don't feel that the one bite is a break of my challenge.. so that's cool.

It is truly amazing to me how putting any kind of limit on myself can make me rebel. I am like a little immature kid in that way. I didn't want anything else sweet beside the pie, but there is something about knowing I "can't".

Ah well, I sqeaked through. Hopefully this will get easier in the next while. I have to plan what I am going to have which is new for me too.. usually I just have a bit of this, bite of that.

It's good for me.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 01:38

Plan: CALP to goal/now my plan
Stats: 188/160/155 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 85%

Yesterday must have been a weird one for several of us.. I was HUNGRY most of the day. Not craving-I think. Just hungry! During my usual afternoon "granny nap", I had dreams of food. Eating everything in sight (Special K and ice cream)... I woke up feeling so down--like I had done something very wrong, and was so relieved that it was only a dream. Spent the rest of the day telling myself that even if it had been real, it wouldn't have been the end of life as we know it. I've never had anything like this happen before--guess it was just a bump in the road, because I'm fine now.
Vel--I find that I'm measuring my carb treats in "bites" now too. It seems the best way for me to keep up with it. Plus, I find that 1/4 or 1/2 a piece of fruit does just as much for me as an entire fruit. And 1 tsp of peanut butter is wonderful, but any more than that is way too much. Guess we're all just adjusting?
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 18:17

Plan: CAD + South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/177/160
BF:
Progress: 76%

i had sugar at rm yesterday and today....i am depressed about my personal life.....i did not binge or cheat thats a good thing. just dumped my BF......and he was the best i've had. Will try to have fruit tomorrow instead of ice cream and chocolate. bye
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 18:51

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

Tracy,
I knew this would be hard for you, but you did it! 4 days down....

Tess,
It was only a dream. You did great.

for you too! By the way, sometimes you're hungry because there's a whoosh coming. (fingers crossed)

Okay, now I feel like I didn't challenge myself too much. The dr. thing was a HUGE hurdle for me but I will add that I will continue to exercise AT LEAST 3 times a week. I really love my workout, but it's almost a month now and ya know how sometimes the "new" can wear off. So to make sure it doesn't....at least for Sept., I'm adding it on.

Deb
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 02:35

BF:

Thanks Deb--There is nothing that I like more than a good "whoosh"!! Hope it happens (for all of us!)...
I think your challenge is a great one. I don't like to go to the doc either, so I completely understand... You have done well, though--and don't have to worry about it anymore for a while--except for being strung up on "the rack" during your mammogram. As much as I alway dread those, it never seems quite as bad as I had anticipated. Hoping that yours will go smoothly, and will be over for you very soon.
I think we all picked pretty good and "do-able" challenges. We'll make it. Happy weekend to all!!!!
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 02:42

BF:

Lowco--Just saw your post. I'm so sorry that things aren't going well for you right now. Don't know what to say except that we're here for you if you need a friendly ear... Hang in there!
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 11:03

BF:

Well guys... I didn't stick to the challenge last night. The whole messy story is in my journal, but basically I just talked myself right back out of it.

I feel bad about doing this, not so much for myself but because of this thread.

I can't write more just now, as I am running out the door to take my son to work but I will be back a little later.

Sorry guys.
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 15:03

BF:

vel: the good thing is, there are days beyond september.
Tess M: thanks. It's amazing how cad is true. Day to day events does trigger. i didn't feel like cheating or paticularly hungry, i just felt like i'd be happier eating what i want. I did feel good but not for long. Thanks to cad, i slept all night. I am doing better today. In a few weeks i'll be wondering what all the stress was about.

HAD NO SUGAR AT RM TO DAY!!!!
RM:
GREENBEANS, CABBAGE, TURKEY, WATERMELON, SUGARFREE CHOCOLATE PUDDING.
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 15:06

BF:

I'D like to add something to my challenge........weekends are hard for me. I always have my rm a little early. I'd like to have rm between 4-6pm on weekends. I do not have cm's on week ends just an rm. i'd like to change that tomorrow.
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 17:07

BF:

You guys are awesome!

I am feeling better. Not sure where I am going with this yet, but I don't feel as bad as I did this morning when I was writing my journal entry. Doing the before/during pics gave me a little lift, I think

Lowco, sorry to hear about the BF troubles. I hope that it all works out in whatever way is best for you in the long run. Great work having no sugar at your RM! And I think adding a CM in on weekends sounds like a good idea for you too.

Deb, thanks so much for all the encouragement and support. I think it is great that you are adding your exercise to your challenge. That is an area that I haven't really touched on yet but it is coming

Tess, weird dreams! I have had those type of dreams since being on CAD too, but not lately. You are doing really well

Rebecca, how is the exercise going?

I am doing some thinking about this challenge and I will let you guys know what I come up with.

Hope you all are having a great weekend so far.

Tracy
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 23:45
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%

Ok I have not done marvelous on getting my lazy butt up and moving but I did walk tonight Sat with the dog and my son and i am going to walk tomorrow as soon as I get up.!!!!
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 01:55
"Slaying My Demons"

Plan: Keto
Stats: 262.2/189.2/155 Female 5'8"
BF:Hell Yes!
Progress: 68%

Hi everybody!
I hope it's not too late to join the challange.
I've been thinking about how I need to start my exercise program again. I stopped when I got sick about a month ago and I haven't started back up. The challange would help me get focused.
I also need to plot the rest of Mexico out for the "Walk Around the World" that we are doing in the Triple Digit Forum. This is very important because we are going to be needing a new destination soon. I haven't been paying attention to this because I haven't been exercising. Bad Signey.
If I could get these going this month, I would be a very happy camper. May I join? Even if I am a week late? I never seem to see these challanges until they're already underway.
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 02:22

BF:

Hi Signey--Glad to see you here. I've been so faithful in my exercise so far, but this weekend we sold our second car--so I'm going to have a problem making it to the track for my early morning walkies. I love to go there because there are other ladies (and men) who walk for health as I do--and it's great to have good company. Makes the walk go so much easier. Isn't it ironic that I feel that I need a car--in order to get my walk in? Anyway-I will have to turn this to my advantage somehow. Maybe look at it as a way to mix things up, and have a new experience? I commend all of us for making the exercise a priority! So beneficial, in so many ways.
I haven't done extremely well on my challenge (re: reducing sugary desserts), but I'm not going to stress over it. I'll do without on the days that I can, and just "have it" on the days that I need it..
Here's to good eating, good living, and a successful new week for all of us!!!
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 10:32

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 191/189/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Oh, dear, yes!
Progress: 5%

Hi, Can I join the Challenge, too? I just got back from vacation, had a great time, cheated a few times, but only put on a couple pounds -- not bad!

I need more exercise. So, my challenge to myself is to exercise at least 15 min a day -- walking briskly at least 3 times a week, and yoga at other times.

Can I play, too?
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 12:58

BF:

Come on in, Dee! Glad that you had a great vacation, and glad that you are back.. A very good challenge--you can do it!!