Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Oct-24-04, 08:15
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Sue
Falling off the wagon will make you gain weight. Some people have cut their hour down to 45 minutes when eating at home. They realized they weren't really hungry but were eating until the hour because they could. Sometimes I find myself doing the same thing and give myself a talking to and stop, nevermind that I have 15-20 minutes left. Another trick is to try to eat more slowly and REALLY TASTE your food. After all what good is RM with the food you really want if you're just seeing how much you can stuff in yourself within an hour?

Staying on plan is so important this time of year because many CAs are also subject to Winter Weight Gain Syndrome (a variant of SAD) and have a tendency to gain weight during winter anyway. If you have this any weight gained won't come off until spring most likely...it's very hard to force the body to lose this weight...therefore it's best to at least maintain or lose slowly.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Oct-24-04, 10:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins 1st, now CAD
Stats: 218/218/146 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 0%

I agree absolutely Zuleika

Occasionally I have mad thoughts of trying a different plan but have realised I am most definitely a carb addict and would find it impossible to live forever without carbs, sigh.

I've decided I just need to hang in there and reconcile myself to the fact that I may not see much weight loss for a while. I keep telling myself that at the moment, the MOST important thing is that I'm not gaining weight.

I might give the 45 minute thing a try, just so that I can exercise some self control. I don't alway find myself stuffing my face for the whole hour, often I can be satisfied in just 20 minutes but if I'm upset or troubled about something I comfort eat for the whole hour, well past the point of being stuffed.

Thanks for the advice. Here's to a better week.

Well done everyone who's stayed on plan and/or lost pounds this week!
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Oct-24-04, 14:28

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%
Cool

Sue I appreciated your post. I do think that sometimes the "kid in the candy store" syndrome can affect our reward meals esp. if we have been dieting our whole life... I found that I have to tell myself I can have anything, I can have it, but I don't need to eat it all now or even tomorrow. It isn't going away, it will still be there tomorrow and so I just need to pick a few special carbs to enjoy that day at that RM. This has really helped me take the stress and urgency out of my RM's. I am more relaxed and when I am in this frame of mind I am able to stay on plan much more easily.

I have fallen off several times trying to switch plans or tweak it too much etc. I decided this week to just follow it...make some great cm's to enjoy and just relax. I am hoping that it helps. Today I had a wonderful rm, but forgot that I wanted a few cocoa puffs for dessert Well, I am just reminding myself that I CAN have them I just need to wait until tomorrow!!! I AM NOT GOING TO BLOW THIS WOE OVER SOMETHING I CAN HAVE TOMORROW! I must be patient (so far it is working)

I hope that you have all had a great lc weekend. It is so nice to see all of your successes and hope that I soon can add in my own.

momto4boys wtg on the exercise and Amy the quiting smoking!!
All of you are doing great! I believe we can shock our bodies too and lose this winter! Here's to trying!!
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Oct-25-04, 06:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/210/125 Female 5'3
BF:

hi pizza sue, thank for the help, i will give it a try. what you are going through with the reward meals is the main reason i quit on this, i also watch the clock and keep eating for an hr. so this time i will try it differently. the 30 mins sounds like a good idea. i also did what you did with switching my rm to lunch and of course i at carbs with dinner!! only thing with the 30 mins is when you go out to dinner, you might be cutting it close, sometimes we socialize and the waiter is slow, but i know what you are saying, if we were home we can adjust accordingly. i actually started yesterday and did great. i skipped breakfast, just wasnt hungry, then i had mcdonalds for lunch and then had a salad and a bunless cheeseburger for dinner but was still hungry so i ate a bunless hot dog. i wanted noodles and chicken broth(my favorite) so bad but i didnt cave in. i understand the cravings will be there in the beginning, in the past i have always caved, i have never gotten through a whole 7 days without going off it. i need to do this!!!! i wish you success.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Oct-25-04, 06:57

BF:

way to go pre3teach, great attitude and great control!!!
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Oct-25-04, 07:19

BF:

what am i doing wrong?? why does it just keep posting letters and numbers instead of the picture. i have to try later i have to go to work. lets all have a great day and be in control.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Oct-25-04, 08:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:

Quote:
Prepare your TickerFactory bar and highlight and copy the writing in the bbCode box.

Go into UserCP on this page - situated towards the top on the green bar on the left hand side.

Go into edit signature, then paste the bbCode into the signature box. I didn't have enough room because the signature can only be a certain number of characters so I had to delete a bit of my existing signature.

Then click on 'save signature' and your TickerFactory bar should be on your siggy.

This is what i did

Prepare your TickerFactory bar and highlight and copy the writing first box.

Go into UserCP on this page - situated towards the top on the green bar on the left hand side.

Go into edit signature, then click the insert image button, if you hover the mouse over the buttons it will tell you what they are, the button i am talking about looks like mountains and a moon. Paste what you just copied into the box that pops up.

Then click on 'save signature' and your TickerFactory bar should be on your siggy.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Oct-25-04, 08:43
Registered Member

BF:

willbthin, it's missing a bit at the beginning - there's a line missing that starts[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

I've tried to put it here in this message but of course when I submit it I get your tickerfactory bar instead of the text, LOL.

I suggest you go back to TickerFactory and copy it again
You've nearly got it, take heart!

Last edited by PizzaSue : Mon, Oct-25-04 at 08:50.
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Oct-25-04, 08:51
Registered Member

BF:

Oooh, crossposted with you Amy!

Good advice there!
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Oct-25-04, 09:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:

Hey Sue, both ways will work.
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-04, 07:23

BF:

thanks guys, i will give it a shot. gotta run right now though, i will try later, i do appreciate it.