Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-02-18, 07:01

Plan: Keto
Stats: 210/195/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Happyflowerlady saying hello !

For some reason, it cut off part of my username when I submitted my registration here. I wrote and asked if they can fix it, but wanted to explain what it is supposed to be, and why it is such an odd username.
Anyway, I am a 73 year old lady from Alabama, first became acquainted with Atkins Diet way back in the 1970’s when his first book came out, and have done low carb (on and off ) since then.
I have experimented with just about every diet that comes along, some worked and some didn’t, but the only one that I have actually been able to follow for any length of time was the low carb kind.

I have the usual yo-yo of losing weight and then gaining it back again. Now, I am doing low carb along with intermittent fasting, and (so far) I think that this is something that I can keep doing until I am at my right weight, and then can do to maintain my weight.
I have discovered that it is MUCH harder to lose weight now that I am older than it was back when I was younger, stronger, and more active.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-02-18, 07:33

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Welcome, ya, it looks like the username is capped to a certain character limit - I wish you well.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-02-18, 08:03
Registered Member

Stats: 250/215/180 Male 68
BF:
Progress: 50%

It may be harder to lose weight when you get older, but you are smarter now than you were before. Use your smarts to help you lose weight. You can also do a variant of your username and leave out the vowels. HppyFlwrLdy. But that sort of looks like HippyFlowerLady.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-02-18, 08:07
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyflowe
For some reason, it cut off part of my username when I submitted my registration here.

hello and welcome

The registration form next to where you enter your username indicates there's a 10-character limit (including spaces). Sorry . If you want to change it to something else, I can do that for you. Other members have chosen to keep the cut-off name, but add the full name in their signature space

Again, welcome and best success to you,

Doreen
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-02-18, 09:19

Plan: moderate low crb
Stats: 130/112/105 Female 5
BF:
Progress:

Hi, I am in Georgia, following similiar way of eating. I have recently gained afewpounds, having trouble losing.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Sep-02-18, 09:19

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

HI YVONNE!

I know ya from the other forum and here you are

glad you made it over and chat away!!!! you will find wonderful people that are doing what you are doing and working their plans to the best that suits them and I know this forum will be up your alley!!!!

for me personally, good ol' Dr Atkins made the low carb plan into a real true plan that can work and based on hard science and more and thru this tough world of food, good ol' Dr A (not the current plan, more the old timey book of course!) is what works best as long as we follow the science behind it and do what is intended.....we all must experiment with what works for us but good old fashion counting total carbs and very a low carber plan works for most anyone as long as we stay true to it You got this!!!!

welcome!!

Last edited by Whirrlly : Sun, Sep-02-18 at 09:26.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Sep-03-18, 11:55

Plan: LCHF, IF
Stats: 265/205/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Hi Happy! I'm a 73 year old fat flower lady also, in Arizona. I've got my wildflower seeds ready to go for this winter, and my poppies in full bloom now. I'm losing weight really slowly, not obsessing, and I agree, the older we get, the slower we lose. I hope you'll start a journal, and maybe come say hi in mine.

Meg
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Sep-15-18, 17:27

Stats: 210/195/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

Firstly, thank you for inviting me here, Karen ! It looks like an interesting forum, and I am still learning my way around.

I guess I should have read the allowed spaces for usernames befor choosing mine, and thank you for explaining it to me, Doreen.

Melesana, (what a pretty username !), I am glad to meet another happy flower lady, and will definitely check out your journal, and look into starting one for myself.