Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-07, 12:02

Plan: lowcarby WW
Stats: 212.6/198.8/191 Female 5 ft 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default Sarah's gym log journal (c-cat)

So this is a weird time to start a gym log, when I'm doing so much less than I've done before. But I found I was just putting SOOO much stuff in my regular journal - it's harder to track or find what workouts I've done. Plus more room in my regular journal for random mind meanderings about what's wrong with my thought processes, getting them aired out, so I can change them.

My husband and I have a home in Phx (paradise valley really), and in Seattle. Up til a week or two ago we were spending the majority of our time in Phx/Scottsdale. And we have an amazing beautiful inspiring gym there that we would go to twice a day. Slacked off due to travel, had trouble getting back into the swing of it.

My ongoing general goal for exercise - especially until I can lose more and not scare my feet, ankles, knees and hips with too much stress - and so that I don't feel defeated because I just didn't meet my goal - - -
is to do something active every day.

It's the same goal I've had for the last year. I'm by nature a very sedentary character. I spend insane amounts of time online and in front of the tv. Drive every where I possibly can, and park as close as I possibly can to the door.

When I've lost a substantial part of the weight - I'd love to get into various sports (intramural soccer, tennis). As I love sports - and when I'm competing in a "game" it doesn't feel like "exercise". Exercise bad. Games good.

In the past I've repeatedly hurt myself by pushing too hard - for example, going from walking not at all to several hours a day. And then - bam!! INJURY!

So for now - my primary focus is on better eating, and getting more active time.

... there's the intro..

On to today and yesterday.

Yesterday I dug out an old Winsor Pilates DVD that I never worked out to. There are two workouts on it - the Fat Burner aerobicy dancey thingy - and another workout which is heavy Pilates.

Yesterday I did the Pilates workout and watched the dancy thingy (I'm super uncoordinated and I wanted to also see how high/low impact it was).

I did the dancy thingy today. Wow, I really kind of hate doing these kind of things! Mari Winsor is great - the workout was very good - and once I get in better shape I can easily ramp it up (I did all the low impact accomodations plus didn't do all the arms - cuase my heart rate was high enough). But I really just want to get to the point that I can listen to my iPod and go run. But I've done that before at this weight - and I know what happens. owww.

I am also doing some girl and regular pushups each day - since my upper body has no strength. Usually 10x2 girl pushups and 4 regular pushups.

I'm leaving for Argentina on the 14th - and I'm going to do this Winsor Fat Burning dancey thingy every day until I leave darn it!! I need to lose a few pounds by then.

I actually felt some twinges in my left knee(!) today. But I really didn't challenge my knee, and didn't twist it much or at all once I felt it. I think if I keep doing this GENTLY then knees will get stronger. The dance movements definitely have some more side to side action than the walking on the tread and the elliptical trainer that I've been doing. Again, I think it's gentle enough it will help not hurt.

That's it for now.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-06-07, 08:59

Plan: lowcarby WW
Stats: 212.6/198.8/191 Female 5 ft 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 64%

I bought a Pilates DVD with 3 levels of stretchy bands. Used the middleband. This DVD does a good solid workout of abs, arms, and a little of legs (the leg series in pilates can totally kill me - but they just did a little). Arms totally hurt today - yeahh!!! finally muscles!

So yesterday - 1 pilates workout with bands