Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Breakfast Ideas
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-12-07, 03:11
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins - induction
Stats: 161/151/132 Female 170cm
BF:
Progress: 34%
Default Egg muffins w/ cocktail wieners

Hey all,
found this nice little muffins which made the 2nd day of my induction really good!

For 3 portions:
6 eggs
12 cocktail wieners
3oz grated cheese
3 tbsp heavy cream

SPray cooking spray/oil into a muffin baking forms. Place each 2 wieners in the form. Mix the 5 eggs with the cream and pour over the wieners until the muffin form is half full. Add some cheese and fill up the rest of the egg/cream-mix until the form is all full. Top up with some cheese.

Bake at 200 degrees CELCIUS (not sure what that is in F) for about 15 mins, until the eggs are done, golden and rising up nicely.

I had that for lunch with a salad of green spinach leaves - and one leftover the next day for breakfast (can warm up in microwave).

About the nutritional values: Depends on the wieners, but around 4-5gr carbs for two muffins. Corrections, anybody?

Let me know what you think!
Sponsored Links