Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-11, 21:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/200/160 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Am I wasting my Nystatin and time?

Greetings, I'm new here! I'm on Nystatin, 3 tabs 2 x daily, but I've been unable to follow that protocol 100%. I can take the 3 tabs in the am no problem, but when I take them at night, I can't go to sleep and lay there with my brain buzzing (ears too), legs jerking and a panicky feeling. Every day except for today I have taken the 3 tabs in the am, but in the pm, I sometimes take only 1 or 2 and the last few days, none in the pm. Since I'm not taking the full prescribed dosage, am I wasting my time taking the Nystatin? Is it getting rid of any yeast at all? My eyes are bloodshot and tired 24 hours a day, I am down in the dumps, zero energy... I feel like I was shot at and missed, chit at and hit.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-03-12, 10:08

Plan: Atkins, Anti-Candida diet
Stats: 128/121.2/118 Female 5'5"
BF:hip/waist ratio
Progress: 68%

Are you following candida diet too? Why don't you consult your doctor about your symptoms?
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-03-12, 11:09

BF:

I did consult with him, but also wanted input from people who had experienced this.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-08-12, 11:10

Plan: Low Carb High Fat (LCHF)
Stats: 268/242/160 Female 5' 8-1/2"
BF:too much
Progress: 24%

I took Nystatin many years ago but never had any bad reactions, so I can't really help. But .. what did your doctor say?

When I took it, my doctor said there was really no way to know if I had Candida or not, but that if I improved, then that meant the Nystatin was doing something. So maybe you're having die-off symptoms from the yeast?

Either that, or there is some sort of bad reaction to the drug?

I would go over it again with the doctor. Good luck.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-27-17, 05:40

Plan: SCD Diet
Stats: 223/199/180 Male 71
BF:
Progress:

When I took Nystatin years ago to combat candida, I also changed my diet to no-carb & no-sugar on the advice of my doctor. It was brutal. I had night sweats & cramps that went on for several months. Eventually it got better. For the cramps I found that taking magnesium citrate supplements really helped.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-27-17, 10:48

BF:

I was herxing, part of the detox from the drug and did not realize it at the time. I've learned a lot since then!