Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
Almost
Posted by Ghost
Posted Sun, Jan-11-04
Female 5'5"
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/147/145
BF:
Progress: 96%
Default Almost

Well.......I'm almost there.

I started Atkins in mid Aug 2003 and as of today, Jan 11, 2003, I am down 31 lbs, from 190 to 159, in 4 months. I want to get to 145, 14 lbs away. I think I can get lower though. I was 135 before my daughter. Not quite a success yet but I wanted to share the inspiration.

I am blown away by this WOL. It was so hard to get my head around the fact that fat is healthy & doesn't make you gain weight. I can eat steak, eggs & cheese (my master, hehe) & loose weight. I'm starting into pre-maintanance because I want to slow my weight loss. I have been adding more good carbs and still keep loosing quite fast.

I used to get the spins & feel sick by 10:30 in the morning when I ate cereal for BREAKfast. Now when I eat eggs for BREAKfast I feel great & am not hungry by lunch. I have no more IBS, less PMS, no more mood swings, I sleep like a baby, no more sleepless nights, less headaches, no more leg cramps, more energy............I know I missed something in that list. Oh, well. You get the idea. I'm sure the fact that I eat tons more veggies helps.

My DH has been a great through all of this. He's naturally thin as he is very physically active in his job. He says he loves my "diet" because he "doesn't have to live on rabbit food". He never fails to compliment me on the progress I have made & how good I look.

My 16 year old daughter has dropped some weight too. Although she was not too heavy she did have a 20 lbs to loose which she did in short order without a drastic change in her diet, she just gave up white bread (switching to whole wheat), potatoes and most sugar.

I've cheated very few times. I had a few chocolate mint sticks that my parents brought back from Holland at Xmas. I had a 3 slices of scalloped potato at Xmas with my In-laws (gave me stomach cramps, IBS source I guess). I drink LC beer on the weekends. I drink 1 1/2 - 2 litres of water and take a multi, cal-mag-d and vit c every day. I only gave up coffee during induction, now I drink a cup or two every day. I eat nuts, homemade jerky, pepperettes, cheese, low GI fruit, or sometimes pork rinds (always loved them for a snack, never cooked with them) for treats.

My on going weight loss is going to be slower though as my DH bought me a Weider weight set for Xmas. I will be building up muscle mass. It's something I've wanted for a while. I had one with my X and used it all the time, although with the extra weight I carried you could not see the muscle definition. I'm going to look good by bathing suit season this year.

I want to thank everyone for the inspiration and wish everyone the luck in LC weight loss and in life that I have had.

Life is short, enjoy every moment.
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
Not uploaded yet
In-Progress
Not uploaded yet
After
Not uploaded yet

by nikkil on Wed, Jan-14-04, 10:52

Congrats to you!!!

You sound like a perfect example of what LCing can do for a person!! I'm sure your story will be an inspiration to many when they read it--I know I'm inspired!

Keep up your good work and spreading the word about LC.

Nicole

6 comments [read all comments]