Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-07, 23:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/103/115 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 127%

This post should be enshrined somewhere - at least, made required reading for all who enter. Come to think of it, it's pretty good reading for anyone on this site, no matter how long they have been here. Thanks. And cheers to you and all that you have accomplished.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-07, 14:14

Plan: Controlled carbs
Stats: 218/195/150 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I am just bumping this up.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-07, 16:08
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by penelope
I am just bumping this up.

Its stickied and does not need to be bumped.

I hope that its getting read by everyone!!
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-07, 14:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 445/305/220 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 62%

That really is a tremendous, true post. Nice.

Newbies, take every word to heart.

-j.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-07, 23:28

Plan: low carb
Stats: 330/317.0/154 Female 1.65cm
BF:
Progress: 7%

Thank you so much I really like the saying "its easier to diet than to be fat" Iam new to this forum and really enjoyed reading your thread. I really hope I dont let myself down and I see this through to the end. Reading threads like yours inspire me to reach for the sky. Thank you once again.
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-07, 14:46
Registered Member

Plan: SOUTH BEACH
Stats: 286/232/185 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 53%

"DITTO"
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Feb-27-07, 09:11

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 282/270/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

I'm new here and this is the first post I've read in the Triple Digits section. I have to say it's down to earth and real....no magic bullets or promises just facts. Thanks for being straight forward and honest, it helps.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Mar-13-07, 13:58

Plan: Meat & Egg Plan/modified
Stats: 265/265/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Have any of you considered gastric bypass surgery. I have tried all the diets and nothing works. I need guidance about signing on for this surgery. Tell me if any of your friends have had the surgery also.
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Mar-13-07, 19:01
Always Shining

Stats: 363.3/332.6/145 Female 5'7"
BF:'fraid so...
Progress: 14%

What an awesome post - THANK YOU!!!
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-07, 09:49

Stats: 295/295/185 Male 68
BF:
Progress:
Default thanks

great post...........thank you. Well, since I am new here, it's time to go over to the "Introductions" area and introduce myself.
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-07, 11:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 377/302/175 Female 5ft 8.5inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Thanks for the upbeat welcome

After losing my way and finding some weight I had lost. I'm back in the saddle again. This is my first time here. I'm glad I'm back on my journey to living a healthy physical and mental life. Thanks for sharing all your stories and information.
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-07, 14:04
One Bite At A Time

Plan: South Beach Phase II
Stats: 232/183/130 Female 62 inches
BF:67/34?/20
Progress: 48%

Hi Danielleau,
First let me say Hi and welcome to the forum!

How about going over to the Introduction section or just over to the TDC and start a new thread to post your introduction. I don't think many people are going to see your post in this thread.
Best wishes for you on your journey and I hope to see you around the forum!
  #28   ^
Old Mon, May-28-07, 22:22
Registered Member

Stats: 310/305/199 Male 72 In
BF:38/38/22
Progress: 5%
Default Nice Post Scott

Thanks for the insight and inspiration Scott
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-07, 08:57

Plan: Lord Help Me
Stats: 250/236/160 Female 5feet 8 inches
BF:way too much
Progress: 16%

Hi, I'm new to the forum and not sure what to do. Did not see any recent replies. Am I doing this right? Anybody out there to help me?
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-07, 12:40

Plan: Like to start Scwarzbien
Stats: 298/290/119 Female 5 feet, 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi, I'm new too. Started about a week and a half ago. About the time you did, but didn't find this site until last week. On one of the other threads "TheBetty" was very helpful. My problem is learning my way around this site,but it's starting to make sense.
Betty suggested I try over here. I just was in tears as I read the introductory entry. Yes, I know how it feels to be afraid of a lawn chair. What got me going was just at the end of school last year, in front of all the parents and children in the whole elementary school, I fell as I was going up the steps on the stage. That was bad enough, but mind you, I was already on the stage, my name had been called, all eyes were on me--the principal (very thin) immediately came over to give me a hand up--but she couldn't--the other administrator (also very large) had to come and help her--so it took TWO people to pull me up! I just wanted to run and hide, but somehow I kept my composure. I went to the mic and said, "Sorry about that, I raced barrels when I was younger and one clipped me in the knee and every once in a while that knee just goes out on me." That may have explained why I fell (actually I tripped over the hem of the skirt I was wearing, having forgotten by not having worn an enormous piece of material around my waist and down to my legs for years, that you have to lift it up in front to go up a step). That explained the fall, but not why it took TWO adults to pull me up! It HAD to happen with everyone in the whole school community watching! I am so grateful my son is in the high school and didn't see it, but he has probably heard about it.
Any way, seems like it might just be the two of us. I don't even know if you will find this again. I'll check back everyday and see if you do or if there are any other triple digits out there.
I used to try to Somersize, but with school (my excuse?) just couldn't keep up with the cooking and separating of foods. I tried Dr. Atkins for a couple of weeks on his Induction phase, but was getting light-headed and dizzy. So I re-read the Dr.Swarzbein books and decided it may take longer, but makes more sense and with what I already know about low carb, most recipes would already fit. I still have to supply carbs for my son, so with Dr.S's plan I can fix for me and just have a tiny bit of his regular carbs to be my regular carbs and we will both be eating better. I just need to get him off refined carbs and if I can cook good enough meals and stay planned ahead, this just might work! I am Type 2 diabetic so I still have to be careful. My reg. Dr. isn't a fan of either, "Just take your meds and quit reading!" I started at 298 at the beginning of July, went to 290 on the Atkins 2 weeks and haven't lost since, but feel better with Dr. S little bit of added carb. It's going to be a long road. Anyone out there want to travel with me? I'd love to have some company.