Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 13:26

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 222/199/120 Female 62.5
BF:?/30/20
Progress: 23%
Default I don't want to be Puddy Wuddy

I figure it is time to start a gym log.
Mostly because I realized that fitprime will be going private, so I won't be albe to post there any more. I really should have a place just to focus on what I do.
Today I did super sculpting. The first real heavy work out that I have done in about 3 weeks. Having a cold really set me back in endurance and in strenght, but I'm ready to get to it again. I skipped the really tough set of leg press, that Nancy Tucker seems to be very intent on getting your legs to muscle fatigue. I knew after the set of curtsy dips and lunges that I wasn't up to one leg press yet. That is okay, because my strength is getting to be much stronger.
Generally I work out 4-5 days a week, usually 5 now. I would like to do 6, but my saturdays get so filled that it doesn't happen very ofter.
Today I used a 30lb bar bell (5pound plates)
12 pounds on lat row
10 lbs for seated lats, and bicepts, tricepts.
10 lbs for squats
8lbs for cleays ?sp
3lbs for post delts, and anterior, medial delt work
5lb, ankle weights.
I think that is all.

For note, yesterday I did Prime Power Fat Burning, and it was a good workout for me.
Tanya
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 13:31

Plan: My own--atkins like
Stats: 188/188/135 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Good for you!

Guess it's time I started a gym log, too. But first I have to get my self in gear and start exercising!

Do you work out at home or at a gym? Just curious.

P1

P.S. I just PM'd you again.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 14:45

P1,
I work out at home, I think going to the gym would be nice but realisticly I don't think it is an option for me, I think I would find any excuse not to go, right now I'm having a hard time getting up to go to the temple once a week and that is the next goal I'm working on, our bishop has made that challenge, I know I can do it I have done it before, I just don't seem to have the umph to get moving as fast as I should.

The work outs that Nedra and I do are tapes, you can find some at most video stores, and older tapes on ebay or other auctions. The Leslie Sansone tapes are good too. We have gotten those from QVC, and you can also get firm workouts there too.

Today I finally did decide to get moving and I did The Firm Tough Cardio mix. It is also one of my favorites and it felt good to do it today.

I also have decided I probably need to add more walking in again, and more abd work, so I also did a segment of 5 day abds.
Tanya
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 20:18

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 195/176/125
BF:too much
Progress: 27%
Default Hey sis

So .. no more puddy wuddy huh??
LOL
your going to have to tell about that one.
Unfortunately in ways.. like I will always be poofie.. your going to be puddy wuddy. :-)
I see pokey is already over here!
Nedra
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 18:16

I figured it was a good title. If I'm destined to me small and round an all in all endomorph, I figure I'm going to me a fit small round endomorph, just like Jen Carmen. So even if I am still Puddy Wuddy, I will be a fit and toned Puddy Wuddy.

Today I did Better Body and Buns. (BBB)
Tanya
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 20:52

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

Hi!
I wanted to stop by and tell you how much I loved your gym log title! Had me laughing pretty hard!

Sounds like you are doing great!
Take care,
Linda
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 16:14

Puddy Wuddy,
Pudding and Pie,
Kissed the boys and made them cry
when the girls came out to play
Puddy Wuddy ran away.

My Dad used to sing that to me when I was little. I was small and round a real endomorph.

Today, I did super sculpt and even managed the leg presses, Yeah. It wiped me out but slowly strength is coming back.
Tanya
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 21:42

Today I did upper body, then 10 min of abd work from 5 day abs, and then a 15 min walk. I was going to do standing legs but ran out of time so the walk was the replacement.
Tanya
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 14:23

Today I talked myself into doing Scultped, Buns, hips and thighs, a good floor work tape by the firm. I then did a 3 mile Leslie walk.
That abd work was good today, i was able to do nearly a full set of the isometic hip lifts, the most I have ever been able to do. I have hope yet that I will be able to do them well.
Tanya
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 12:49

Today I did Prime Power Fat Burning. I upped my weights on everything except the military press, because I didn't think I could make it through with 10 pounders after killing my delts with increasing to 5 for the anterior and medial delt work that comes before it. I did 15 for the lat rows, 12 for the modifieid lat, 10 and 8 for french press, 10 for all bicept work. I was going to walk but decided not to do that today. I'm still not sleeping well, but at least I can think about heavies weights on this easier tape. Gives me hope.
Tanya
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 14:33

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 195/176/125
BF:too much
Progress: 27%
Default Hey all

I thought that I had better add a quick editorial note to my sisters journal explaining about the Title and what looked to be an off comment on my part.
My dad called her puddy wuddy...
"Puddy wuddy pudding and pie..kiss the boys and made them cry"
You catch the drift
Hence my saying that she will always probably be Puddy wuddy like I am poofie..
OKay..now back to my sisters wonderful results!!!
Love,
Nedra
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 12:14

Today I did Standing Legs. The first time I tried that one since I came down with the gunk. I did okay. I tried to work it hard, and Increased my weights on what I could do. I even used the barbell for Janies two sets. I made it through the killer squats.
After that I did a 15 min Leslie walk. That made a good day for me. One thought I seem to feel sick when I push to muscle failure(fatigue), so am I actually getting there sooner than I think. I very rarely seem to feel the burn they talk about but I know I really can't do much more, but I really want to go find a bucket.
I really want to work as effectively as I can, but I worry that I'm not doing what I should be doing or using poor form because I don't feel things as described. Maybe I just don't know what they really are talking about and i'm okay.
Tanya
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 15:36

Today I did super sculpt with trying to do heavier than normal. I only made it through about half of the tape though, mostly because I was wasted from yesterdays workout, my legs just couldn't take much more, and I was really pressed for time.
Tomorrow will be a much better day.
Tanya
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 11:30

Yesterday I did four miles of Leslie walks. The 3 mile tape from the abs set, and 1 mile with the walk away balls.
Today I did BBB and 2 miles of Leslie. Still very tired but trying to battle through it.
Tanya
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-03, 15:29

I actually got a work out in today, and it is a saturday. Actually I have learned to not do anything to difficult on Saturday's because it always is disrupted by Michael. Anyway he was online doing some research for scouts, so I did SBHT, and then the super 1mile walk with Leslie, which he joined me in. There he was wearing his big Hiking boots, trying to do kickbacks, and leg lifts, let alone the front kicks. It was hard to not just sit down in hysterical laughter, because it looked so funny.
Tanya

I have been keeping with my goal to do abds everyday I work out.