Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 20:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 150/145/128
BF:
Progress: 23%
Unhappy Constipated! Help!

Okay, I drink water like I am supposed to but my usual nightly dose of Senekot S is not doing the trick anymore. I have tried the Psylium Husk, didn't work. I want to do Metamucil but it has carbs, help!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 20:32

Plan: My own
Stats: 208.0/176.5/160.0 Male 70 inches
BF:99.999
Progress: 66%

Did you take the Psyllium Husk pills? I take 3 pills twice a day and that fixes me up. It is not a laxative so it won't send you to the bathroom right away. Wait a 2-3 days and you should be regular again. Atleast it worked for me.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 20:53

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 198/161/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

KONSYL is 100% Psyllium Fiber that you mix with water. I find it works better than tablets like Fiber Con. I use my battery operated drink blender to get it mixed real good. It's available at Walmart. Available carbs, ie net, per dose is .05g. It doesn't have anything in it except 6 grams of Psyllium Hydrophilic Mucilloid per dose, no sugar. ....it doesn't taste great, but if you drink it fast it's not so bad.

Manu
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 21:03

Plan: Back to CALP 03/23/08
Stats: 280/201.5/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 79%
Thumbs up

1 tablespoon of ground flax seed sprinkled on my salad daily works for me
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 23:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130/130/106
BF:
Progress: 0%

Yea,i am taking psyllium husk now.you have to wait for a couple of days before it works. But the process of waiting is very terrible as for my case i was very very constipated and all these worsens the bloatfulness i have to battle against with.

It should help,Take care!!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 00:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/145/120
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default Fiber

Can anyone tell me if the FiberCon tablets have carbs in them? I just got a generic equivalent and I don't want to go whole hog if they're loaded with carbs.

Thanks
Heather
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 17:43

Plan: low carb
Stats: 136.6/129.4/119 Female 4 11
BF:
Progress: 41%

I use the pill form of colon cleansers. You can buy them in your local vitamin store. They work great!! I usually take 2 in the evening, 2 nights in a row and let's just say i get results

People do say that you shouldn't take them too often because your body will get too used to them. I try to only take them once a month (usually the week before TOM when i feel the most bloated.) i hope i am replying to a female.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 20:41

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Ground flax seed is definitely a good option. Not only does it help with constipation, it's a good source of healthy Omega-3 fatty acids. You could try sprinkling it on a salad or mixing it into a protein shake. I actually like it mixed half and half with wheat bran (1/4 cup each) with 1/2 cup of very hot water and a little Splenda, cream and butter; it's a great substitute for oatmeal on these cold winter mornings.
I got my DH hooked on this too and neither of us has problems with constipation anymore.