Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 06:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 116/105/105
BF:
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up HI, i started yesterday...in Hong Kong

Hi everybody!

I started my Atkins diet yesterday. Just had my dinner for day 2....and I am hungrier than ever

I have to start my diet in a place where there won't be as much high protein choice of snacks and not many ppl practice low carb. diet. So I really need to find a best way to get myself motivated and stay on the diet.... I am glad i could find this forum. It's good to have so many ppl around. Lots of mentor

BTW, i prepared tofu with corned beef (some corned beef has starch in it...can i buy those? those are much cheaper ). I mashed and mixed the two together. like it. very filling.

I will now start surfing thru other parts of this site to get some ideas on what to eat tomorrow.

See you all soon

Ally
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 11:27

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up Welcome

Hi Ally and welcome to this forum. I wish you every success with low carbing.

May I suggest you drop in and say hello to Disneybebe. She lives in Hong Kong as well. You will be able to talk about low carb style products and good sources. Click this link to go to her last entry in her journal.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 13:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 148/122/115
BF:
Progress: 79%

Hi Ally,

Hello & welcome to this forum.

I'm in HK, too. My name is Bebe. Pleasure to meet u.

Re: Corned beef
The chinese ones all have cornstarch. I get Libby's, love it

I wish u huge success on your LC journey!

Bebe
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-02, 14:55

Plan: Dr Atkins/PP
Stats: 180/170/138 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Talking Welcome to the Forum

Welcome Ally: Although I am not base in HK, my family is there. I do eat a lot of Asian influence dishes and I shop.

I find it easier thinking that eating LC is like going to those long 10 course Chinese Banquets. You eat all the nice food and then the rice, noodles and desserts come last. So what I do is stop at the Fish Course [usually served right before the rice]and leave all the starchy stuff for others.

With regards to being on anti-depressants, I was on Paxil before LC. It does help get you to a better place then you can have better control of your life again but I do caution that Paxil makes me very relax and LAZY. You will notice as you continue, you automatically wean yourself off most drugs.

I know HK is not big on labtests, etc. I have tried to get my sister to go, that's another story.

I would get a Full Physical Done before I start anything so I have a base line to compare to down the road. Since you have started, maybe you should do some measurements and chart your course month by month and once you are comforatable with the program, see a doctor and get your tests done before you start your maintenance program.

Good luck in your low carb journey, everyone is very helpful here.

Feel free to contact us or Private Message.

#5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 07:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 351/316/160
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi Ally,

I can't help you much with the selection in your area, but do go check the recipe section. There are some great recipes in there that I am sure you will enjoy.

Good luck to you,

damaraq