Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 01:05

Plan: Herbalife
Stats: 225/225/175
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up SB for a month

I've been following SB for 4 wks. It was hard at first...I was so bummed by the list of foods that could not be eaten ("illegal"), but now I concentrate on "legal" foods. You can have veggies, meats, cheeses, nuts, etc...
I am very lucky to have 2 great health/organic food stores in my are (Wild Oats & Whole Foods) that offer the whole grain, stone ground whole wheat breads, flours, etc... for not any more $ than I paid for flour & bread before. I get plenty to eat & have not felt hungry yet. I miss some things more than others. I really liked potatoes & these have been hard to let go. I am starting to experiment with some califlower recipes for 'rice' & 'potato' salad & am hoping for a healthier sub.
I do splurge once in a while & have a little sugar free ice cream (Blue Bunny is awsome!) & there are some great recipes out there for crustless cheescakes & desserts that make you feel like you're cheating when you aren't!
I did a lot of research before I started & was actaully rec. to do SB by an MD due to my hyperinsulinemia.
I highly rec. reading the book & browsing the website/board to get a better understanding.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 07:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/159/135
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default My doctor told me to read this book

Last summer, I went to dear doc and complained about why I was unable to lose weight. I was watching my 'fats', and I was eating my veggies. He told me to get the book Sugar Busters and read it. I did, but I did not follow through with the plan. I was not ready to give up on bread and potatoes!

Months, later, I read Atkins' new book. Decided to go with it and started induction on 3/2/02. Now I am reading other books to get as much as I can about this WOE.

Blessings,

Marsha
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 16:53

Plan: Herbalife
Stats: 225/225/175
BF:
Progress: 0%

I have tried so many diets in the past it is unbelievable! I think the difference with SB is the approach that it is a WOL, not just a diet.
Good luck with the Atkins. Everyone has to find their own 'plan' that works for them. The hardest part is finding the right one!