Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Dec-02-04, 11:48

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 142/140/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Carb-up

I'v decided to make today a carb-up. Last time some of you suggested that my carb-up might be too moderate so this is what I'm aiming for today, though I may adjust it through the day:
Total: 2151
Fat: 164 1473 69%
Sat: 75 678 32%
Poly: 22 202 9%
Mono: 44 397 19%
Carbs: 89 252 12%
Fiber: 26 0 0%
Protein: 94 378 18%
Alcohol: 5 33 2%
so 63 net carbs instead of 40 (like last carb-up), but cals are only about 100 cals more than last carb up. I guess I'll see what happens!

Hope you all experience losses this week!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Dec-02-04, 20:41

BF:

My carb-up day:

Total: 2228
Fat: 173 1553 70%
Sat: 81 728 33%
Poly: 23 204 9%
Mono: 47 419 19%
Carbs: 86 255 11%
Fiber: 23 0 0%
Protein: 88 352 16%
Alcohol: 9 66 3%

Well I don't know if this will help me lose, but it was worth it just for all the good food I ate today! I enjoyed some sweet cooked carrots, LC peanut butter toast, hummus and LC pita, SF cranberry soda with coconut milk and run..mmm.

I'v decided to carb-up tomorrow if I haven't gained anything tomorrow, otherwise I'll go back to carb-down.

Good luck everyone!
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-04, 08:41
Registered Member

Plan: carb cycling
Stats: 22/12/8 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%

Well last night the fairies must have been busy for we were visited by the whoosh fairy for me (2 pounds) and the tooth fairy for my son. Yes it was a great night!
Anyway, yesterday on carb up I had bread, potatoes, gravy, corn and even chocolate...
stepped on the scale this morning to 193
2 days of carb up and 2 pounds down?
Irregardless going to carb down in the morning after 3 days of carb up. Really hoping to get into 10's by christmas, so gotta get busy

BTW I have started biking agin this week. Weather has been lovely and it is something we can do together as a family. Only real change. Wondering if during carb down my leg muscles were retaining water and now are dumping that water? Only explanation I can think of....
Potomacnan: Did she come? Looking forward to good news for you!
BTW dear husband and I were perusing ebay and he got me 8 pairs of size 10 slacks/jeans for $20 (including shipping, 2 pairs still new with tags!) So I truly have gotta reach this goal! So excited! I really felt I would be happy with a size 14 but still am just not, som I thnk 10 will look good on me. So they will be nice to open on Christmas!

APK enjoy that carb up! You are getting lots of extra vitamins and minerals as well from the variety!
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-04, 08:53

Plan: low carb
Stats: 200/000/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Nice job Pattilacy and apk -- and everyone else. I *think* I finally got back on track yesterday after letting my weight slide upwards for 4 or 5 pounds in a ten day period. I have not been cheating - I have been exercising and eating kind of in maintenance mode - about 1800-2000 cals and 30-40 carbs but too much LC frankenfoods. I am finishing TOM so I am hopeful that some of that is water weight yet to flee. Anyway - I ate clean yesterday for 10 carbs and 1200 cals and am down a pound already. I hope the rest comes off as easily. Best to all - I am out of town for the next 5 days so I don't know if I will be posting. Send those fairies along to the rest of us and have a great weekend everyone.
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-04, 10:38

BF:

morning all!

No gain this morning, so I'v decided to have another day of carb-up.

pattilacy: Wow! I'm so happy for you! "on carb up I had bread, potatoes, gravy, corn and even chocolate..." You shouldn't tell me this..lol...it tempts me to go all out on my second day of carb-up.

nutsnseeds: Good luck low-carbing while you're out of town!
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Dec-04-04, 08:08
Registered Member

BF:

good morning!
I have no idea. I had a horrible headache when I woke up so stumbled to the tylenol and took it with a a big mug of coffee followed by breakfast cause it can be hard on the stomach. Tday is my last day of carb up. Will start carb down in the morning.
Hope ya'll are having a great morning!
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Dec-04-04, 11:31

Plan: Carb Cycling Anita Style
Stats: 175/165/135 Female 66
BF:BMI 28%
Progress: 25%

Hello all you beautiful strangers!

I haven't been around much lately because we had family from Alaska staying with us and the pc is in the spare room were they were. I have to admit I am in serious need of carb detoxing. I went hog wild over Thanksgiving! If it wasn't nailed down then I ate it. Hopefully today will be my first cheat free day in almost two weeks....grrr! I hope all of you did much better than I did. Not only did I eat every carb laden food in sight but I made very poor choices like ice cream, white bread, raising bread, and pumpkin muffins with honey butter. The only thing I really stuck to was splenda in my coffee. I haven't even been drinking water like I am supposed to, it was replaced with kool-aid and soda (I dont even like soda!).

My weight is up to 170! That is only 5 pounds from where I started. I am going super carb down to detox from all of the sugar I have gorged myself on.

Well, I have a birthday party to go to today for a classmate of my son. Im going to be sure to eat before I go so that cake won't be quite as tempting.

Have a wonderful weekend!
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Dec-05-04, 08:57

BF:

Christy: I'm in the same boat as you. Last night I went to a fondu dinner party and I was ok for dinner (mostly meat anyways), but chocolate fondu for desert I couldn't resist and I ate as much of it as I wanted. I was up to 139 lbs this morning (4lbs for one night!) so I'm guessing it's mostly water weight. I too am starting carb-down this morning. Hopefully I can get rid of those extra gained pounds so I can work on getting below my most recent low of 135 lbs.

Good luck all!
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Dec-05-04, 09:03
Registered Member

BF:

Have finished carb up 2with a total of 4 days up. Well I had lots of water weight gain this morning. saw 199 (6 pounds up), but enjoyed geting there. Lots of unhealthy carbs and salt and eating late at night. I'm sure it will disapear quckly. Not worried though because I felt I needed a good long refeed to kick things in again. Starting cd this morning. Only thing is we have a bday party for ds Monday night with my husband's family, but I think I will save a piece of cake for my next cu. Anyway plan to follow this through at least Friday and see how my losses go, may end up going a little longer if I am losing.
Gotta get ready for church so gotta go. Best wishes to all on a good day!
So Christy and APK I'm right there with ya'll. We will see it come off this week!
Have a great day!
  #40   ^
Old Sun, Dec-05-04, 11:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149/136/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 54%

Hi everyone! I just wanted to say hi I am doing well, with the exception of exercise. I was so proud of myself on Friday morning-I actually got my lazy bones to a spinning class only to find a note posted on the door that read that the class was cancelled. Bummer! I will go again tomorrow morning. I was planning on weighing today but decided not to b/c I snuck on the scale a couple of days ago and no change. I will wait a few more days.

Pattilacy-don't worry, I am sure that is all water weight after CU. You can get through the b-day party on Monday. Stick to your CD plan! You can do it! The whoosh fairy will be back to visit you on Friday! (hopefully she'll stop by my place! )

Apk-same with you. I am sure that is water weight from your CU. There is no way you can gain 4lbs from a little fondu. BTW,

Christy-good for you getting back on track! You can do it!

nutsnseeds-sounds like this is going to be a whoosh week for you!!!

Best wishes to you all!
-Nan