Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 12:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204/204/187
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Recommendations

Can someone reccomend me what to eat on the first day, and something thats accesible in a regular family houshold fridge.
I was thinking of maybe somefried eggs in butter for breakfast.
And some Hot dogs without the bun for lunch.
Some steak and salad for dinner.

and
as for the dressing its ceaser salad.
Oh and some water to accompany all these meals. Is this alright?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 12:36
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Sounds good Mr. Irresponsible. Might want to check the carbs in the hotdogs, is all.

If you want to snack, allow yourself some cheese or devil some of those eggs. Egg salad with bacon is good, salads, steak....

You may find your household fridge changing as you adopt this woe!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 12:37

Plan: My Own
Stats: 285/268/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 11%

This sounds fine, except you might want to check out those hot dogs. Hot dogs generally have filler in them that contain carbs. Also, Atkins suggests you try to stay away from processed meats during induction.

Other than that, sounds good. Go for it! Enjoy!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 12:37

Stats: 204/204/187
BF:
Progress: 0%

I dont think so, since im only 15 years old, and my mom refuses for me to get on a diet.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 13:05

Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

This isn't a diet so much as it is a healthier way of eating.

L
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 13:06
empress of fashion

BF:

Well, far be it from me to tell you to work against your mother (I have 2 little girls myself). I take it she isn't supportive of your doing Atkins at all? Has she read the book? Have you? Lots of good information that might ease her mind a little.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 13:40
Registered Member

Stats: 180/130/120
BF:
Progress: 83%

I know a few other people have mentioned hotdogs, but I wouldn't eat them until after the induction. I tried not to buy any packaged food with carbs during the induction because you're going to get your 20 grams of carbs from your vegetables and cheese.

Last edited by Mrs. Eldon : Thu, May-22-03 at 13:52.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 13:41

Plan: Atkins (customized)
Stats: 158/137/130
BF:
Progress: 75%

Theres no need to go all out. Its easier to think of the foods you shouldn't have... such as bread, pasta, rice, sugar. Stay away from those. Eat as much meat as you like, and include things like eggs, fish (canned or fresh). At dinner I eat my veggies and and meat or chicken, and just keep the rice or other starchy side dish off my plate. Lunch... I have a can of tuna with mayo.. or a salad, or even a burger (no bun). Its not a diet. You're just learning to keep away from carbs which is a healthier way of eating. If you can't explain that to mom so she'll understand.. then just eat what I suggested, and don't say anything at all.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 13:42

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 225/185/150 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 53%

You are still developing and growing as a young man and there may be some health issues of which we are not aware. Have you tried to add exercise instead of modifying your eating instead?

Your mother may have a very good reason to not want you to do this. She may know something we don't. I'd hate to encourage you to do this behind her back.

Please sit down and talk with your parents about your weight concerns and allow them to study the Aktins program. Check with your doctor as well.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 14:00

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 220/205/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

I have a 16 yr old daughter who expressed a strong desire to be a vegetarian -- I told her if it was something she really wanted to do then I needed her to show me why and how she was going to get adequate amounts of protein, etc into her diet. I told her when she came up with a plan I would look it over and we could talk about it.

I've said that to say this, maybe if you could read the book or go over the site atkinscenter.com and be able to sit down and talk with your mom calmly, she would be more accepting that you are really trying to take some control in your own health. If you can talk to her about your concerns it may be really helpful to both of you.

Oh about my daughter, she loves that I low carb and always helps look at labels and things to help me find things good for me to eat and then she eats it. She loves those low carb tortillas! But as far as the vegetarian -- it was too much work for her so she eats what I eat with gusto!
  #11   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 14:11
empress of fashion

BF:

Debi - how is the weather? I am making a trip to OK city this weekend to see family.

Good luck to you, Hey - hope you and your mother can find some middle ground.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 14:19

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 220/205/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

78 right now, a little muggy, but heh isn't that Oklahoma?

Friday, partly cloudy, high in the upper 70s, light and variable winds.

Friday night mostly cloudy with a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening and then chance of thunderstorms after midnight. Lows around 60. Chance of rain 30%.

Saturday mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms, high in the mid 70s. Chance of rain 50%.

Saturday night mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms, lows around 60 with a chance of rain 30%

Sunday mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms, highs in the mid 70's.

And Memorial day mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms, low in the upper 50's highs in the upper 70's -- then guess what

the sun comes out.

This came from a weather source weatherbug.com that is a free service, I have it set on one of our local tv channels. Let's see just how right it is.

HTH
  #13   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 18:26

Plan: Lo-carb/calorie counting
Stats: 148/125/125 Female 64 in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Nobody but nobody (Hub included) noticed my loss until I hit the 12 lb. mark. Then, just in the past week, I have had 6 different people make comments. It is really motivating!