Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 17:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 279/235/190
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default Not Gonna Weigh

Well since I now realize my weight problem stems from carbs,
and I know this is my WOL and will be my style of eating from now on why should I weigh myself and get disappointed if I haven't lost as much as I think I should have??

I'm not gonna be disappointed because I Know I have done induction to as close to perfection as I think is humanly possible... I have been in Ketosis for 10 or 11 straight days now
I have 10x the energy i had before and no more acid reflux problems and haven't had to take a pill in 2 weeks, My joints don't ache no where near as bad, the tendonitis in my elbow and knees are virtually non existance and the after effects of having 4 knee surgeries after a 1200 lb crate of glass fell on my leg are all but gone now....
I don't have mood swings now and haven't chewed anybody out in 2 weeks atleast

Sounds dumb as I am putting most of my problems off on carbs...\
It may sound dumb to you but I have gained 10 pounds a year since 93 and I know it will come off
Do it for the right reasons....

Do I need to lose weight?
Am I gonna lose weight ...

You damn right I am and I have but I am not going to get on the scales and gripe and be put in a non positive mood if I happen to gain a couple of pounds because this weight loss is only whipping cream on the sugar free jello for me and it should be for you too.

So those of you that want a quick fix to a weight problem you have had most of your life and then want to go back to everything that made you fat, good luck
To the rest of you that want health for life you keep on keeping on because I am with you!

Jeff
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 17:24

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Jeff, welcome to the ranks of the low carb lifers

It's pretty nice not stressing out over the scale. You realized that regardless of "when" the weight will come off and you will be happier and healthier.

Good going!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 17:30

BF:

Dang right , you must feel great having lost almost 50 lbs so far and I bet your signifigant other and\or family are very proud of you too.

Jeff
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 18:31

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally posted by gc1
Dang right , you must feel great having lost almost 50 lbs so far and I bet your signifigant other and\or family are very proud of you too.

Jeff

It has been a long and interesting road so far I have been on Atkin' s since last April. I have gone through an 8 month stall, and still kept my sanity. It was a hard lesson to learn about be patient, but I got it. And now it's so much easier to live with.

I think my family is more proud of the fact that I quit smoking and drinking, and are more amazed at me taking control of an out of control life and turning it around. I suffered from Bulimia 15 years ago, then during my "recovery" from that became an alcoholic and started smoking 2 packs of cigs a day. heh Gained 60 pounds in the process as well.

I feel like the poster child for what can go wrong in one's life when totally miserable.

There is still a lot of stress in my life. Next week I should find out if I still have my job or if I am one of the 30 percent getting laid off. I will say one thing. The Atkin's plan has kept me steady during the stress. I haven't craved a cig nor drink since I stopped. Which is saying a whole lot about a life style change.

Keep up the great attitude you have, for it will take you far

Best of luck
Janet
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 18:56

BF:

Ah don't worry about the job and the stress will kill ya faster than fat .

I quit drinking myself for the most part but I am one of the lucky few that has never gotten addicted to alcohol even though I drank everyday for 7 or 8 years basically.

I still enjoy a cigar sometimes

I will take a drink (carb friendly of course) if the urge strikes me but so far it hasn't.

When one door closes another door opens and it will all work out on the job side of it

Jeff
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-19-02, 08:40
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/145/130
BF:
Progress: 17%

HAIL JEFF!!

I hope that I can think like you soon. Instead I am ruled by the scale
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-19-02, 08:48
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

I'm afraid the scale rules me over too. I know how important it is for my body to watch my carbs...and I do...and I'm healthier for it. That darn scale still has a hold on me.

Good for you Jeff!!

cin
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-19-02, 12:12

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

I asked my husband to hide the scale and not give it back to me for 6 months, I know that we shouldn't be gauging our weight loss by the scale and go by how we feel, look and how are clothes are fitting. Everytime I got on the scale I got depressed and ate something I shouldn't, which I can't seem to understand why when my weight wasn't coming down (self destruction). Now I'm back to almost where I was in January and have started right from the beginning again. I know this plan works and I'm absolutely determined to make it work for me this time.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-19-02, 19:29
Registered Member

Stats: 205/196/130
BF:
Progress: 12%

Hi Guys, -

Way to go, Jeff.

My aches and pains have vanished as well and I feel at least 5 years younger.

So until I learn to leave the scale alone, I have asked my husband to give it to me every monday morning then hide it again.

Yep, like a little kid! -

I am not going to let it bring me down anymore. I have already received several other benefits to boot.

I will be 40 this year so I know I won't lose it overnight. The weight loss will come eventually, until then I will learn to enjoy my new WOL.

Rita -