Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Mar-11-18, 15:13
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins
Stats: 260/240/142 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 17%

We have Price Chopper here, and yesterday I picked up "fresh" riced cauliflower. Dole is the brand name. Just finely shredded cauli in a bag in the salad/produce section. I'm thinking I'll bake it with some cheese, though I'm wondering if it will produce a lot of liquid. I'll share my results.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Mar-11-18, 15:21

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgey
We have Price Chopper here, and yesterday I picked up "fresh" riced cauliflower. Dole is the brand name. Just finely shredded cauli in a bag in the salad/produce section. I'm thinking I'll bake it with some cheese, though I'm wondering if it will produce a lot of liquid. I'll share my results.

My three ingredients for Cauliflower are cream, butter and cheese plus seasonings.

Since it's frozen, When you thaw it out, do it in colander set in a bowl and let the ice melt off and the water drip out. You can do it in a microwave if you want to speed it up.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Mar-12-18, 04:48
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgey

Try tossing the fresh riced cauli with olive oil or melted butter, and herbs (or just s & p ), and maybe a finely chopped onion or shallot .. spread it in a greased casserole dish and roast (hot oven, like 450+) for 15 minutes or so. Stir it up at least once, to make sure it browns evenly. Top with shredded cheese, then finish it off . Roasting the cauli first will allow any excesss liquid to cook off, but I doubt there'll be much in the first place as this is fresh product, not defrosted from frozen. Alternately you could sauté the riced cauli in a large skillet on top of the stove, then finish it off in the oven with cheese on top.

Keep in mind there will be a "shrinkage factor" .. that bag of fresh riced cauli will cook down quite a bit
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-18, 13:45

Plan: Keto
Stats: 650/470/240 Male 6'5"
BF:
Progress: 44%

I use the Green Giant Riced Cauliflower Medley quite a bit, but haven't been a fan of the Bird's Eye products.

I didn't like the Green Giant mashed cauliflower, but did like the Hanover brand.

Last edited by OgreZed : Sat, Apr-07-18 at 20:41.
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-18, 18:52

Plan: atkins
Stats: 000/000/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 0%

I love the Green Giant riced cauliflower. The other day at Walmart I noticed they also make Green Giant Spirals. I bought the zucchini and the beet one, and a couple others. I can't wait to try them.

Last edited by sunset : Sat, Apr-07-18 at 19:08.