Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-10, 21:35
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

I can't believe I haven't posted since the end of July.

My bad

Failka--they've changed around some of the instructors and times--my fav Wed class is now an hour later and it's a guy instructor who is really into the airborn, fast, with a lot of lateral--it kills my knees and isn't as fun. They added a Thurs evening class with a new female instructor who is new to teaching Zumba and she hit it our of the ball park she was so awesome. And then there is the regular morning classes with the original instructor--I think she may be getting a bit tired--her Sat class was a bit disorganized and thru out the entire class she was always a 1/2 beat off which drove me crazy

Blu and Kiz--Welcome!

I haven't measured lately, but my mom swears I'm looking smaller--I don't see it.

Nuts--did you ever start?

Roxanne, Jeckia, Dreaming--how you guys been.

I signed up for instructor class mid October, I'm a bit nervous that I'll look like a dunce. I'm going to go to SF the week before for business. The hotel I'm staying at has a full gym with....ZUMBA... I've already looked at the schedule and I'm going to try and get 2 classes in which will be interesting--completely new routines and instructors.

Back to the hospital I go. I have someone in labor.

See ya'll later
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-10, 12:17

Plan: lc my way
Stats: 285/207.6/170 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 67%

did zumba 20 minute express last night for the first time....... ouch!! My hips are hurting LOL
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-10, 14:24

BF:

I am starting to get the hang of this zumba!! wow, the time does fly by when u r doing it
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-10, 07:37

BF:

anybody still doing zumba with me??
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-10, 08:23
Every day is day one

BF:

I am!! I am!!

In fact, I've been consistently taking at least 2 classes a week sometimes 3 if I can squeeze it in.

I've made about 2-3 Zumba playlists so that I have "Zumba" music in the car. I play it at work and the girls all come into my office and tht's how we get our morning started. It's a hoot!

I haven't measured lately but my mom swears I'm still shrinking. Weight is maintaining easily.

Is it just you and me Blu??
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-10, 05:41

Plan: Atkins/IF
Stats: 146/126.4/125 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 93%

I have a hard time motivating myself to do the DVD- so far I have only done the instructional. I guess I should go ahead and try one of the others, but right now I'm feeling lousy- my DS brought the first cold of the school year and shared with me

But, better news! I just found out that my next door neighbor is a Zumba instructor and she's starting a class of newbies at the beginning of September. It will be Tuesday and Thursday evenings, so I'm going to go I'll let you know once I've been to a "real" class!
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-10, 05:45

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnmLisa
OK it's official...the owners of the gym I go to (she is one of my patients) asked me to get certified as a Zumba instructor. Apparently some of the ladies that I take class with have asked her when I was going to start teaching. I feel honored that they would think that highly of me and whatever minimal skills I possess. (I can be as uncoordinated as they get some days). Fortuantely or unfortuanately I won't be able to go until the second week of October (I've got a special patient due in September who I promised I would deliver--that means I am available to her for about 4 weeks--no leaving town for me). I'm thinking this is good because it will give me another 8 weeks of taking class under my belt.

Congrats Lisa!! You sound like a very busy lady

I'm sure your class will be great- you are so enthusiastic here on the boards- I can only imagine what you're like in person and it sounds like your great attitude really influences those around you. Good luck!
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-10, 20:15
Every day is day one

BF:

Where are all my Zumba buddies???!!!

I've been remiss in my duties visiting my own thread and I apologize--I've been on call for the past 3 weeks straight and finally have had the baby I was waiting for plus a few others.

I've kept up with my Zumba consistently 2-3 times a week--last week was the first time since I started back at the end of June, I only made it once last week. I almost felt like I was going thru withdrawal--I def need a Zumba intervention.

There's a gal in class who is going to take the instructor course 2 weeks after me--we've decided we're going to team teach on Monday evenings--she'll do 4-5 routines and I'll do 4-5 routines--and mix them up thru class. It will be good because she really likes the hip-hop calypso and I really like the salsa/latin reggaeton. She likes to move really fast and because I'm old I move a bit slower, and am really careful with the lateral movement because of my knees and work the hips and butt--We're the perfect couple Plus we collaborate really well on choreography--we've come up with some really fun routines--she likes the hip hop and calyspso and I like the latin/reggaeton. And we just laugh hysterically at the Bollywood

I'll also act as a substitute as my call schedule allows. I'm super excited. I have made such a comraderie with some of the people.

Right now I'm in the I can't believe I dropped a DRESS SIZE since I started--haven't lost an scale weight, but my mom says I'm still shrinking

I'm kinda nervous about the instructor training--I'm afraid I'm going to be the old fart at 50 that day surrounded by all these young people (sigh)--Jeebers, I hope I don't have a heart attack
  #54   ^
Old Sun, Sep-19-10, 15:03

Plan: low carb
Stats: 200/000/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I couldn't find the thread to update for some reason but did go to my first class last Monday night and will go again tomorrow night if I can get out of work early enough. I have to say IT KICKED MY BUTT!!! I liked the energy but the instructor was only so-so. She kept apologizing that she forgot the steps and used very few verbal cues which meant newbies like me were forever a step behind. I like the core/torso work and could feel it mostly in waist hip areas the next day. They have classes Mon and Wed night but a bit early for me after work to make so I will probably do once a week for now and keep up the other stuff I do (pilates, curves, walking, jogging). Zumba!
  #55   ^
Old Sun, Sep-19-10, 17:55

BF:

I have gone to my next door neighbor's class twice now- I really like it, even though I'm incredibly non-coordinated As long as I'm moving, even if I can't keep up with the steps, I'm burning calories .
My family is very needy, so they will only let me go once a week, but I've been going to Zumba on Tuesday nights, and doing it at home with my DVD on Fridays. I have also been doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred 3X per week. I just moved up to level 2 for the first time today, then went for a 3 mile walk.

Lisa, I wish I could go to your class- it sounds like a blast!! I'm sure you'll be great!
  #56   ^
Old Sun, Sep-19-10, 18:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/235/130 Female 5'6
BF:42%/37%/20%
Progress: 0%

I've been thinking about starting. They just started offering at a local gym too. I'm not sure because I'm very uncoordinated. When someone says go left.. I most certainly will go right. It's pretty embarrassing but it looks like so much fun that I might just be willing to sacrifice my pride. I heard it's a great workout.
  #57   ^
Old Sun, Sep-19-10, 19:10
Every day is day one

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vjade
I've been thinking about starting. They just started offering at a local gym too. I'm not sure because I'm very uncoordinated. When someone says go left.. I most certainly will go right. It's pretty embarrassing but it looks like so much fun that I might just be willing to sacrifice my pride. I heard it's a great workout.

That's OK it's just your other left

I'm not good with left or right either--in my work, everything is the opposite--when you're delivering a baby and between someones legs, it's my left her right

I think for that reason when I cue, I'm going to point in the direction--I figure everybody is as left/right challenged as I am

I know I've lost my mind now----I'm looking at Bollywood moves

If it's any incentive to keep going....

I have officially lost 2 inches off my waist and another inch off my butt (and let me tell ya....I started off with some butt )
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Sep-21-10, 13:28
Induction ≠ Atkins

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/164/180 Female 69 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 118%

I'm about to break down and order these DVDs. I tried to find them at random resale places with no luck. I'll be back when I get them.
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Sep-27-10, 08:22

BF:

I love my dvd's!! A few of the girls at work are wanting to start doing it with me. We are just trying to find a central location that will let us work out. We are not charging to workout with us, so we are looking for a place that will just let us use the facilities if we clean up after ourselves. Have a prospect. Just waiting on the board to make the final decision. We have the pastors approval to use the fellowship hall at a local church. Just waiting on their board to say its ok.
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Oct-14-10, 13:22
Every day is day one

BF:

To all my zumba buddies...have you been shakn' your asses??!

I went to San Francisco on business about 2 weeks ago, took a class in the fitness center at the hotel. I was kinda nervous because it's new, you don't know the routines, you're afraid you're going to look like an idiot, blah, blah, blah...it turned out to be hysterically fun. The instructor liked my sambo so much, he made me get infront of the class and teach it! Hmph! Who knew I had a smokn' samba?? Go figure. So the class was good to say the least, but the floor just killed my shins--I had THE worst shin splints, it was agony and I've just now totally recovered from it. Thank God because tomorrow I'm off to Phoenix for certification. I'm kinda weirded out and nervous cause I'm thinking that they'll be thinking, "who the hell is this old hag" (amongst all thses young whipper snappers). Plus it makes me nervous when they tell you to bring a couple of changes of work out clothes because you'll be sweating so much--EEEKKK!

Other than that, I've been working with my Zumba partner here and another one of the instructors on routines. Plus, I don't know if I mentioned it but the 3 of us are thinking about doing an 1 1/2 hour Zumba Party on Friday nights for those people who don't have dates, don't want to sit around the house watching re-runs, or just want a ramped up Zumba work-put. We're planning on team teaching with the 3 of us interspersed thru-out the 1 1/2 hours. We've gotten great feedback and it sounds like people are really excited. Sounds like people are really looking forward to our Monday class.

Oh and if it's any incentive, I'm on maintenance and since starting Zumba back at the end of June, I have officially dropped 3 inches off my waist, 2 inches off my hips, and have seen a new low (which I haven't seen in over 30 years) of 135 pounds. That's about a 5 pound loss since June without changing anything. I haven't changed my maintenance amounts... still around 1900 calories, 68-70% fat; 30% protein; <15% carb.

Can I hear a Yeah baby!!!

Ya'll be good. Wish me luck.
Send Zumba vibes my way on Saturday!

Keep your asses shakn'