Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 13:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/191.8/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Thanks Christina!
Lunch: 2 cups salad, 1/2 chicken breast, cheese, 2 tbsp ranch dressing, water and crystal light.
Took a walk-it's a beautiful day here!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 14:55
Registered Member

Plan: my own plan
Stats: 290/235/170 Female 5'8
BF:TOO MUCH!!!
Progress: 46%

Way 2 go Jules, almost 10 lbs. lost . Keep it up you are doing great, hope your having a great day!!!

Hip Hip Hooray
  #48   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 17:49

Plan: Home tailored
Stats: 153/149/137 Female 5ft6in
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Congratulations, good work, keep it up, hello

Jules, hello!
Wandered into this link and read it all and had to join and say really fantastic, ur doing so well and the 1hr on the eliptor thingeymajig- bravo lil lady
Also, ur enthusiasm for attaining ur goal is really motivating.
Keep up the good work and I look forward to reading ur next post!

Well done and welcome to a gr8 WOE
Gem
  #49   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 19:55
Registered Member

BF:
Smile Thanks Gem!

I really appreciate you stopping to welcome me and say hello! I am feeling pretty good about my results myself! It didn't take me 3 months to put this weight on and I am sure that eventually my rate of loss will slow down but for right now I am enjoying every bit of it. I have a long road ahead of me but I am just taking it one day at a time and it seems to be more attainable that way...so far, so good. I'm hoping to reach my goal of 140#'s by the beggining of September but if I don't make it then I am going to keep plugging along. Eventually my goal is to be able to go to the gym 5 nights a week (within the next month) adding a little more to my workout, so I will continue to lose on a regular basis.
Almost through day 7 of induction.
Dinner: BBQ hamburger with onion, tomato, pickle and 1tbsp mayo wrapped in lettuce and 1C of steamed zucchini with some parmissan cheese, water.
Please feel free to say hello to me anytime!

Last edited by jules37 : Tue, May-24-05 at 20:00.
  #50   ^
Old Wed, May-25-05, 10:43
Registered Member

BF:

Morning everyone, got and weighed myself this morning but no loss...sigh. It's ok, gonna keep at it. Hope everyone is well.
Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1/2 chicken breast, crystal light.
  #51   ^
Old Wed, May-25-05, 14:13
Registered Member

BF:

Very tired today for some reason...ugh, just counting the minutes until I get to go home from work.
Lunch: 2c Salad, cheese, hamburger patti, salsa, crystal light and water.
Took a walk around the block.
  #52   ^
Old Wed, May-25-05, 22:30
Registered Member

BF:

Didn't make it to the gym tonight, I just too tired...feeling guilty but I am going to go tomorrow evening.
Dinner: Burrito with low carb tortilla, hamburger, cheese, lettuce, onion and salsa. water.
  #53   ^
Old Thu, May-26-05, 07:37
Registered Member

BF:

Still at 191.8, at least I didn't gain. I feel so tired and totally drained of energy...could I be having the induction flu this far into induction? This is a horrible feeling.
Breakfast:2 eggs, 1/2 keibalsa sausage, water.
I NEED ENERGY!
  #54   ^
Old Thu, May-26-05, 08:58
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 183/173/135 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Come on Jules...

chin up!!! I know a few days back I was DRAINED of energy. I ate more meat and it seemed to pass. Not sure if it was the meat or just maybe it "passed" on its own.

But HANG in there and I know I had stalled on day 6 and it sure made me feel like crap! Of course I cheated last night so I am practically starting all over but with a good attitude!

Drink your water and try and get some more protein in........ YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  #55   ^
Old Thu, May-26-05, 09:05

Plan: To Stay Sane
Stats: 275/239.4/224 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey jules, sorry to hear that you're not feeling well... how much water are you drinking? Also, are you taking any vitamins or anything?? Are you eating ENOUGH carbs? They do give you energy and maybe you need to eat differently: I tend to eat SOMETHING every couple of hours. I find then that I have energy and feel incredible allll day long. Oh, and water is imperative. You need to drink a TON of water... if you think you've had enough, you should have more. Never, never, never be without water.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, don't give up. Don't. You want this, you need to make this happen and it WILL happen for you. Keep it up!
  #56   ^
Old Thu, May-26-05, 09:23
Registered Member

BF:

Christina,
Yes, I am drinking enough water, over a 100+ oz a day! I sware I pee every 10 minutes, no kidding! I am making sure that I have my 20 carbs a day, so I know it's not that. I didn't go to the gym yesterday because I felt so wiped out (like I had been drugged) and I know if I would have I would have at least dropped another pound. I am not taking any vitamins, so that could be the culprit. I AM NOT GIVING UP! I can and will do it, just need a little more energy to get there.
Thanks so much for the words of support Christina and Fairy, glad to see you are keeping tabs on me, it really does help to know someone is rooting for me!
Have a great day.

Last edited by jules37 : Thu, May-26-05 at 10:36.
  #57   ^
Old Thu, May-26-05, 13:16
Registered Member

BF:

Lunch: Taco salad with cheese, hamburger meat and salsa, crystal light, water.
Went for a walk.
  #58   ^
Old Thu, May-26-05, 13:39

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 174/170/160 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Why don't you start a journal?

Hi Jules, Just been reading your intro thread. Welcome to the forum and well done so far on your induction. I'm sure you are suffering the same as I did on induction. You feel drained for a few days and have a horrible taste in your mouth. I found fish helped. instead of chicken or beef I had a couple of days of white fillet fish and I seemed to have more energy. Are you constipated? this can make you very sluggish too. It's just the induction flu.

You should really start a journal its dead easy. Just like a diary you can leave an entry everyday. Also your buddies can keep track of you easier. Your intro thread will disappear down the list as new introductions arise.

Good luck and keep up the good work
  #59   ^
Old Thu, May-26-05, 20:56
Registered Member

BF:

Hello Trunky,
Thanks for stopping by to say hello! I have been meaning to start a journal but not sure (newbie here) where I need to go or what I need to do.
Gonna go to the gym tonight and do an hour on the elliptical, hopefully it will knock me out of this rut.
Dinner: 1 large bbq chicken breast with low carb bbq sauce, salad with 2tbsp ranch dressing, crystal light and water.
  #60   ^
Old Fri, May-27-05, 09:17
Registered Member

BF:
Smile Happy Friday!

Good morning and happy Friday! Well, I went to the gym last night and I still haven't budged on the scale! I am wondering if I need to go to the gym 5 nights a week instead of 3 to get me out of this stall? I have not cheated once and have been drinking tons of water. I am getting a bit frustrated but not going to give up, I realize it's not going to drop off overnight.
Breakfast: 2 eggs and some hamburger, crystal light and water.