Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#586   ^
Old Fri, Sep-11-15, 15:01

Plan: IF/Keto OMAD
Stats: 236.9/214.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:Why yes/it/is !!!
Progress: 60%

I like to mix soft butter with some peanut butter, I make a 'Pudding' out of it and eat it as dessert. half butter half p. butter- when mixed nobody else knows its half butter and they don't bug me about eating so much butter.
Sponsored Links
  #587   ^
Old Sun, Sep-13-15, 08:54

Plan: ZC Carnivore 100%
Stats: 170/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whofan
I don't think you can have too much fat in induction because it is so helpful in kicking cravings to the curb. Once the cravings have gone and you're eating to satiety, many people find fat consumption to be self-limiting just because it does cause satiety. Really, the only time fat might become an issue is if you just can't lose any weight anymore, yet you know that realistically you should still be able to. Note the word "realistically". If that happens, then counting calories can be helpful and, of course, fat has a lot of them.

Butter is a primary form of fat in my lc w.o.e. I like it, but don't eat it solo. I add a tsp of butter to my 2 cups of chicken bouillon daily, the bouillon balancing out the sodium loss I experience with very low lc. I also use it to add fat to very lean meat choices or to eggs eaten solo in the morning -- that is, it's a useful part of my lc w.o.e., but it's not a primary food source for me. I don't eat it by the spoonful or anything like that, but, sure, I lick the knife after it's used for butter. mo
  #588   ^
Old Mon, Sep-14-15, 13:13

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 199.0/179/120 Female 5ft 4in
BF:46.8
Progress: 25%

I love butter!

I have been off the wagon (yet again) and am preparing my shopping list for tomorrow, no more carby crap, lots of fresh veg, meat, and butter for me

We have a great butter here in Australia called Westgold, it's available in Woolworths, salted and unsalted, grass fed, and yummy!
  #589   ^
Old Mon, Sep-14-15, 14:36

Plan: Wheat belly
Stats: 235/220/200 Male 6 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

ha ha thanks for the reminder.
I was sitting here feeling hungry...Hmmmm
2 pats of butter fixed that
  #590   ^
Old Tue, Sep-15-15, 00:04

I am wondering if I can just eat butter all the time!

Can't do me any harm can it???
  #591   ^
Old Tue, Sep-15-15, 02:09

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Trader Joe's recently started carrying "Cultured Butter" made in Brittany, France. It has very subtle tang to the flavor, only $2.99 for 8oz, 30 cents less than KerryGold. Wrapper doesn't state grass-fed, but as assumed with European cheeses, most likely it is.
http://www.traderjoes.com/digin/pos...d-salted-butter

As an aside to this Butter thread, but if you are at TJs, also new is Cream on Top, Organic, whole -milk, grass-fed yogurt.

Last edited by JEY100 : Tue, Sep-15-15 at 03:54.
  #592   ^
Old Tue, Sep-15-15, 13:20

It's shopping day, time to buy lots of butter!

I am stocking up my fridge and pantry with all my low carb stuff, there will be a few treats for hubby and he is still eating rice and pasta but I am back on it!
  #593   ^
Old Sun, Sep-20-15, 22:40

Plan: Banting
Stats: 150/132/132 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Trader Joe's recently started carrying "Cultured Butter" made in Brittany, France. It has very subtle tang to the flavor, only $2.99 for 8oz, 30 cents less than KerryGold. Wrapper doesn't state grass-fed, but as assumed with European cheeses, most likely it is.
http://www.traderjoes.com/digin/pos...d-salted-butter

OMG--this stuff is soo good! I truly hope it is grass-fed. I did not think of myself as a "butter snacker", but when I brought it home, I did start cutting off pieces and eating it plain. Now to find good ways to utilize that outstanding flavor. Any ideas? I'm think about doing some compound butters for steak and fish.
  #594   ^
Old Mon, Sep-21-15, 02:49

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

No brilliant ideas, I'm using it in place of the more expensive KerryGold on everything. Even though MIMs are dicey for my weight, in the fall I make a Pumpkin MIM and load the cultured butter on it. Since you are on CAD and at goal, consider LC banana bread, etc..any of those breads that go well with cream cheese, a tangy butter would do nicely on top.
  #595   ^
Old Mon, Sep-21-15, 11:49

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicekitty
OMG--this stuff is soo good! I truly hope it is grass-fed. I did not think of myself as a "butter snacker", but when I brought it home, I did start cutting off pieces and eating it plain. Now to find good ways to utilize that outstanding flavor. Any ideas? I'm think about doing some compound butters for steak and fish.

I just returned from several weeks in Brittany. I don't know if their cultured butter is grass fed but I can tell you that there are A LOT of green fields everywhere with cows grazing on them. So my guess is...probably. Perhaps some knowledgeable member knows if France is as gung-ho about factory farming and feedlots as we seem to be here. My instinct is that they are not, but it's just instinct. Wish I'd thought to ask while I was there.
  #596   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-16, 15:09

Plan: IF/Keto OMAD
Stats: 236.9/214.1/199 Female 66 inches
BF:Why yes/it/is !!!
Progress: 60%

I had to revive this thread to say I have a new way of eating butter that to me is swoon worthy!

sliced peeled English cucumber

very thin slices of very cold unsalted cultured butter

sprinkle of sea salt and pepper

1 slice of butter to a slice of cucumber

salt and pepper to taste.

*optional - you can add one drop of vinegar to each cucumber slice before topping with butter and S&P.

decadent and refreshing at the same time. I'm craving it now!
  #597   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-16, 18:18

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

deb34 - my father used to do that when I was a kid (50 yrs ago) and we all just watched in stunned silence as he savoured the slicing and eating. I never tried it then, but I will now. And the vinegar idea is a nice touch.
  #598   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-16, 17:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/256/180 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 11%

I love butter! Organic salted butter....mmmmmmmm I better go grab a bit my mouth is watering
  #599   ^
Old Thu, Jun-30-16, 10:19

Plan: IR Diet framework, LC
Stats: 310/288/150 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

I used to eat butter on saltines. Definitely decadent, but WAY too many carbs. (No wonder I got as heavy as I did)

I could see doing this with radish or jicama slices. My husband can't tolerate the smell of cucumbers; they're a migraine trigger for him. So I can't have them in the house.
  #600   ^
Old Fri, Jul-01-16, 02:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/256/180 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 11%

I take a small piece and let it melt in my mouth in the late afternoon when the snack attack hits. It really cures that for me in a GREAT way.