Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#271   ^
Old Thu, Mar-15-07, 21:10
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Thank you soooo much, Wa'il!
Sponsored Links
  #272   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-07, 13:04

Plan: LC/GF/IF
Stats: 237.0/223.6/174.6 Female 5 ft 10 in
BF:42%.
Progress: 21%

i really like the MyPlan. Thank you very much. Is it possible to download the daily summary into my journal?

Thanks
  #273   ^
Old Tue, Jun-05-07, 09:27
Strong Chicks Rock!!

Plan: Atkins (total, not net)
Stats: 194/151.2/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35.8%/19%/17%
Progress: 97%
Exclamation

The most frustrating thing for me about My Plan, and what's kept me using FitDay instead, despite better features on My Plan, is that you can't make a custom food that you can list just as "1 Serving", instead of "1 Serving" of x number of ounces, grams, cups, etc...

With many of the recipes I create, I divide the dish into portions. I don't weigh or measure the portions, so I'd just like to list 1 portion as "1 serving".

For example, when I make a quiche, I cut it into 8 slices. I haven't a clue how much 1 slice of quiche weighs. I just know all of the nutritional info for the whole quiche and I divide by 8 to get the nutritional info for one slice. I don't want to have to weigh the slice each time to enter it into My Plan.
  #274   ^
Old Tue, Jun-05-07, 09:35
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyGSDs
The most frustrating thing for me about My Plan, and what's kept me using FitDay instead, despite better features on My Plan, is that you can't make a custom food that you can list just as "1 Serving", instead of "1 Serving" of x number of ounces, grams, cups, etc...

With many of the recipes I create, I divide the dish into portions. I don't weigh or measure the portions, so I'd just like to list 1 portion as "1 serving".

For example, when I make a quiche, I cut it into 8 slices. I haven't a clue how much 1 slice of quiche weighs. I just know all of the nutritional info for the whole quiche and I divide by 8 to get the nutritional info for one slice. I don't want to have to weigh the slice each time to enter it into My Plan.

You could try an alternative method. Instead of entering the quiche as a custom food, enter it as a recipe. This way it will calculate the rest for you, per portion.

It would be easy to allow custom foods to entered as is, without enforcing that it adds up to meanigful values. But in the long run, it would make the items useless when trying to audit your intake for hidden cabs/calories.

Wa'il
  #275   ^
Old Tue, Jun-05-07, 09:50
Strong Chicks Rock!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarian
You could try an alternative method. Instead of entering the quiche as a custom food, enter it as a recipe. This way it will calculate the rest for you, per portion.

It would be easy to allow custom foods to entered as is, without enforcing that it adds up to meanigful values. But in the long run, it would make the items useless when trying to audit your intake for hidden cabs/calories.

Wa'il

I guess the quiche was a bad example, because I would enter it as a recipe.

Another example is the Starkist tuna pouches. One pouch is 3.5 servings. When I have this for lunch, I have the entire pouch. I wanted to add a pouch of it (7 oz) as a custom food. However, now that it's entered, I have to remember to enter that it's 7 oz or my totals won't be right.

Another example is the egg salad that I get from a deli here. Their website lists the nutritional info. I have no clue what the portion size is off the top of my head and would have to look it up every time I want to add their egg salad into my meals for the day. I want to be able to just click "Corner Bakery Egg Salad" and be done with it. I don't want to have to go to their website and look up the serving size each time. I can't enter this as a recipe because I have no clue how much of the individual ingredient the put into it.

Or, can those things be entered as recipes as well?
  #276   ^
Old Tue, Jun-05-07, 10:11
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyGSDs
I guess the quiche was a bad example, because I would enter it as a recipe.

Another example is the Starkist tuna pouches. One pouch is 3.5 servings. When I have this for lunch, I have the entire pouch. I wanted to add a pouch of it (7 oz) as a custom food. However, now that it's entered, I have to remember to enter that it's 7 oz or my totals won't be right.

Another example is the egg salad that I get from a deli here. Their website lists the nutritional info. I have no clue what the portion size is off the top of my head and would have to look it up every time I want to add their egg salad into my meals for the day. I want to be able to just click "Corner Bakery Egg Salad" and be done with it. I don't want to have to go to their website and look up the serving size each time. I can't enter this as a recipe because I have no clue how much of the individual ingredient the put into it.

Or, can those things be entered as recipes as well?

These would be best done as bulk items, which allows a combo of preset items to be entered together.

Wa'il
  #277   ^
Old Tue, Jun-05-07, 12:32
Strong Chicks Rock!!

Thanks!

I have one other suggestion. I would like to see more slots for meals, at least 8, instead of 6. I often have up to 8 small meals/snacks per day.
  #278   ^
Old Tue, Jun-05-07, 13:31
Strong Chicks Rock!!

I would like to see the fiber column next to the carbs column.
  #279   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 14:55

Plan: CALP
Stats: 211/195.2/155 Female 5'6"
BF:goals180/165/155
Progress: 28%

Any chance that this program will be adapted for Palm? Then it could be used on the go!
  #280   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-07, 08:49

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 170/166.5/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Is there any way of adding more vitamins/minerals/etc. to the Custom Foods area in My P.L.A.N.? I understand that a lot of people don't use things like L-Carnetine, COQ10, and Antioxidants (like in green tea, etc.), but it would be nice to have them available for those of us that do...

I know, I'm being picky and a big pain in the butt. I totally understand if this would just be considered "clutter." I'll just have to jot it down in my journal or notes (it'd just be nice to be able to look at it all in the Nutrition Report).

Thanks again. You're doing a wonderful job. I My P.L.A.N.
  #281   ^
Old Wed, Jun-03-09, 10:54

Plan: Keto <38 carbs daily
Stats: 316/287.2/132 Female 64
BF:Isn't It Obvious?!
Progress: 16%

Just wanted to say I LOVE the My Plan program. My only suggestion is adding regular things people eat on LC like LC tortillas, diet soda, etc...

Would love cross referencing, like if I type in pork rinds, I get nothing. But I can find it under pork skins. Or hamburger patties as opposed to having to look up ground beef. Also things like sugar free (like DaVinci) syrups need a mention. I found a dietetic syrup but it has carbs. I'm not able to find artificial sweeteners (like Splenda) either. Looked for milled flax seed today but just found seeds.

Just suggestions.

Last edited by ICanDoThis : Wed, Jun-03-09 at 11:08.
  #282   ^
Old Wed, Jun-03-09, 11:12
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

All you have to do is type in the serving size and the number of servings the recipe makes, when you create the recipe. Then, when you enter the food in your Daily entry, you can adjust the amount you ate.

For instance, if you consider 1/2 cup of your recipe to be your usual serving size, and the recipe makes 6 servings, when you enter it in your Daily Entry, it will show up as though you had eaten 1/2 cup. If, however, you ate 2 servings, just adjust that on your Daily Entry page. The program does the math for you and will automatically adjust the carbs, protein, fat and calories as needed.

Diet sodas are listed under carbonated beverage. The brand I drink may not be the same as the one you drink, so just select the one from the list that matches the ingredients of your brand. If you can't find one that seems right to you, just enter yours as a Custom Food. If you can't find the food you want at My P.L.A.N., you can usually find it on the USDA website. (Here's a link to their Search page.) For flax meal, just enter the word flax in the search box. You will find a list there that includes ground flax. Then, just use the nutrient information to enter the ground flax as a Custom Food at My P.L.A.N.

Although it can take a bit of time to get your personal My P.L.A.N. food lists set up the way you want them, once you do, you'll find it very fast and convenient to use.

Last edited by Kisal : Wed, Jun-03-09 at 11:26.
  #283   ^
Old Wed, Aug-05-09, 14:22

Is there a way to copy one day's menu to another, or a portion thereof? For instance, I may make a salad for a meal one day and have the leftovers the next. I really don't want to enter a recipe or custom food as I may never make it that way again.

Also, is there a way to delete a food that has been a daily entry. For instance, I have used Atkins products in the past but would like to delete them as they are no longer available. I tried to delete them but I got, "Item has already been used in the food log. Please remove it from your daily intake log first, in order to delete it." They were entered multiple times several years ago.
  #284   ^
Old Wed, Aug-05-09, 17:16
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAnn
Is there a way to copy one day's menu to another, or a portion thereof? For instance, I may make a salad for a meal one day and have the leftovers the next. I really don't want to enter a recipe or custom food as I may never make it that way again.

The best way is to make that day's food into a Bulk Entry. All of the food comes up that way, so you can edit it a little as necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAnn
Also, is there a way to delete a food that has been a daily entry. For instance, I have used Atkins products in the past but would like to delete them as they are no longer available. I tried to delete them but I got, "Item has already been used in the food log. Please remove it from your daily intake log first, in order to delete it." They were entered multiple times several years ago.

Yes, you can't seem to remove Custom Foods without that annoying message appearing, but you CAN remove them from your Favourites list. My Custom Foods list has all sorts of stuff on it that I no longer use, but I just ignore it in favour of what is on my Favourites.

Not sure if that helps...
  #285   ^
Old Wed, Aug-05-09, 19:22

Thanks, and that answers both questions.

When is it going to get out of beta testing?