Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-28-02, 08:59

Plan: atkins
Stats: 205/190/190
BF:12%
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up New guy from Montreal Canada

Hi there people, i wanna tell you some things about this diet.Not only does it work but it's the simpliest thing ever. Wound up on it in jan 2000 and after 6 to 8 months i was in the best shape i ever was. I have been working out for about 13 years now...tried all sorts of diets and way to eat nothin ever worked. Stupidest stuff too,i know i might be insulin addicted or something like that cause when i start eating carbs i could eat cakes and pastries like theres no tomorrow but when i'm on this diet even if i am starved...no matter what...i wont crave or want to eat cake or pastries. And believe me i'm the type that could eat cake for breafast.dinner and supper if i wasn't on this diet. Now i go to almost any restaurant i want and i just have to order meat...wow it's that simple. And because of the high protein my muscles are bigger and rounder.Now if you have any tips for me about recepies that i would like to know cause i'm the type that eats like you put gas in your car...could always eat the same thing over and over doesn't get bored. Well i'm glad theres a site like this , keep up the good work and if you wanna write me in french please do cause i'm french. Ciao to all of you and work out hard.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-28-02, 09:02

Plan: motified
Stats: 270/250.5/240
BF:
Progress: 65%

Welcome aboard Dr-Rock and thanks for sharing your wonderful story. So happy that this WOL is working for ya!

Take care.

Babi-Doll
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-29-02, 00:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/145/135
BF:
Progress: 58%

Bonjour.

Welcome to the forum! This forum is filled with advice, info, and support. Thank you for sharing your success story.

good luck
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-29-02, 06:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/156/150
BF:
Progress: 81%

Welcome to the group! This is the best place to come for advice, recipes etc. I too am looking for new things to cook. If you like Lasagna try this. You substitute the pasta for zuchhini. Cut the zuchhini lenth wise. For the sauce I use Paul Newmans marinara sauce because it has the lowest carbs. You can also add cooked ground beef to the sauce is you like it meaty. Dont' forget the ricotta cheese! I also put fresh sliced mushroom in mine. This dish is so good that the whole family will eat it and you won't miss the pasta!

Glad to see you hear and the WOE is working for you !

Karin

PS No French here just German