Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Thyroid Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-22-05, 18:19

Plan: dont remember
Stats: 115/115/115 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress:
Question i dont know what to do.. help me

HI, my name is jennifer and i am turing 18.. i have had this thing behind my ear but on my head.. it is getting bigger.. it is really hard like a golf ball.. i am scared that it is cancer.. i cant get checked up because my family split up and left me.. long story.. but i dont know what i should do.. i am soo scared that i am going to end up getting cancer.. if there is someone out there that can help me i will really appreaciate it.. and god bless you..

please help me
jennifer
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-22-05, 18:47

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

Jennifer,

You need to make an appointment with a doctor and see what it is. Explain when you call for the appointment why you need an evaluation and that you have no insurance. Eventually someone will help you.

P.S. as far as I know cancers/tumors are soft, not hard.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-22-05, 21:43

Plan: none
Stats: 105/105/120 Female 5ft2inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Jennifer,
I have a hard lump behind my ear also...its been there for over 6 years. I dont know how big yours is but mine is not all that noticable. Every doctor I've asked has said that its nothing or that its a harmless cyst. You should definately have a doc look at it though.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-23-05, 12:16

BF:
Progress:

thank you sooo much.. i really appreciate this.. i have had this nasty thing behind my ear for years... but now it is starting to grow.. making it noticable when i have my hair up... you have been to the doc and checked it out.. what all did they say about it.. im afarid if i do make an appoitment i will get regected.. because i cant afford it right now..
my family told me not to worry but you never know.. it is big not really big but its ugly... i have another question.. do you know how much it will cost if i get it removed ..and if i do get it removed will it come back the same size...
thanks again.. this is so helpful to know i am not the only one
jennifer
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-23-05, 12:17

BF:
Progress:

do you have a doc that will help me? i live in las vegas if that means anything..
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-23-05, 12:23

BF:
Progress:

one more thing.. it is not harmful right? have you heard of any one having the same thing.. that had a problem.. \
i am going to explain to you what it looks like and tell me if yours is the same..
well first off i think i had it all my life.. it is directly behind my ear... it is big for being something poking out.. it is not a perfect ball.. very hard.. and everytime i put my head up to something and it touches it it starts to hurt.. and sometimes it throbs.. does yours? you dont know how much this is a relief.. do you know exactly what kind of cyst it is if it is the same as yours.
please get back to me ASAP
thanks so much
jennifer
god bless
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-23-05, 21:08

BF:

Jennifer,
I don't know any docs here who can help you...I have Kaiser (Not the best doctors in the world). My lump isnt all that big but I know it used to be smaller. You can see it a little when my hair is up. Sometimes if I keep pushing on it...it might get a little sore but if I don't touch it I forget all about it. The doctors I've shown it to havent payed too much attention to it...kinda shrugged it off saying its nothing harmful. One doc said people just get cysts for no reason. It's not perfectly round just feels like a little rock I guess. It is right on the bone directly behind my ear. How do you manage to bump it on things if its behind you ear? I've had an MRI and catscans done on my head and neck (not because of the lump) and everythings come back normal....they've never said anything about seeing a tumor or anything. I don't trust my docs too much...like I said they arent the best so when I find someone decent I'll have them check it out and I think you should definately get it looked at.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-24-05, 18:08

BF:
Progress:

the most common times i bump it well not really bump it but but pressure on it, when i have my head leaned against my boyfriends shoulder or chest.. and on carpet or title when i lay on that side.. it gets annoying and frustrating sometimes.. do you know about any symptoms you can get from it.. do you know the specific name for it?? thanks for everything
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-25-05, 00:48

BF:

I don't know much else about it. Sorry, but I just never really got too bothered by it so its just kinda there. I never looked into it.