Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-03, 10:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 286/275/180 Female 64
BF:
Progress:
Default Morning

What a lovely picture, the sun shining on the snow. I seem to remember you said you we're picking up your RV in Virginia ? So you leave it there with those folks and camp from there?
We're getting really anxcious to go, but also for this Christmas. We have two bio and three adopted (bio to us grandchildren. The newest is 2,1/2 precious girl from South Korea. We got her at 14 months so this will be he second Christmas with us and we LOVE shopping for all thos cute little girl things again. Our oldest grandchild, 18, is a girl , other three boys so a long time between.
Evie has Hypotonia, Turners Syndrome and missing the lower part of her left arm. They discouraged us from adopting as prognosis was grim. No sitting , no walking etc. she couldnt even control her head, but know what?
Evie doesnt just walk she runs and dances! Last Christmas I bought her a book and record of "I HOPE YOU DANCE" and cried when I bought it, but now our hearts sing with this miracle child!
She's quiks, loving and bright and we can't imagine life without her. My daughter also has Turners Syndrome (Evies mom).
SO there's your Christmas miracle for this year.
Evie even has a webpage here's the link. Maxine
http://www.babiesonline.com/imagega...be=e/eviejinjoo
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-03, 20:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 218/176/165 Female 5ft 10 in
BF:?
Progress: 79%

In the spring we will bring the trailer back with us as we intend to do some travelling during the summer, but after our November trip, we decided, because of the weather, to store it in Virginia, ready for us to head back south after Christmas.
Wow, what a wonderful family you must have and talk about Christmas miracle!! I tried to look at Evie's webpage but didn't know where to go once I got in there. Children make Christmas, that's for sure. Do all your children live close to you?
Lilian
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 18:51

BF:
Progress:
Lightbulb Our camper

Had an idea to post my album page we started recently..that way if we run across you guys on the road you can honk Hope this link works ok, Maxine
http://www.geocities.com/outbackers...RS2CAMPING.html

Last edited by lunagirl : Tue, Dec-16-03 at 19:08.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 19:42
Raising My Pitch

Stats: 188/200/150 Female 5'7"
BF:getting lower
Progress: -32%

Hi, I'm so glad I stopped in and saw the RVing thread. We love to RV also. We are both retired. My DH is 70 and I'm 64. We have a 1997 Ford Dualy 350 Power Stroke. An antique 1972 Vega 23 ft. camper. We love the old thing, talked about getting a fifth wheel, but can't seem to part with the Vega. We went several places last summer. From Dalton, Ga. to Las Vegas and lots of interesting places along the way. Had some little problems on the journey, but DH fixed them all along the way. We would just stay an extra day and work on her. After that trip we went to Marblehead, Ohio and Cleveland, Oh. My DH loves to wind surf. We wanted to go to FL. sometime this winter, but can't seem to find a place vacant to camp. We checked on going to a place in South Texas. That's a real long way so haven't made up our mind's. By the way I use to live in Mackinaw City, about 30 years ago. I lived there for eight years, on Sinclair St., I worked a Ft. Michilamackinac as a tour guide and ticket sales. Both my children were born in Petosky, Mich. It gets to cold up there in the winter! I love the summers there you won't find a prettier place than Northern Michigan. I have a friend Alice Cardinal that still lives in Cheboygan. Back to the camping I hope you both have good trips and lots of adventures. When we were on the road going West I told DH that this was the life, riding down the highway, sipping senior coffees from Mickey D's while eating a fried apple pie, and enjoying the sights of this big beautiful country of America.(of course ladies that was before lcing). will have to substitue something else for the apple pie now.lol
Happing camping, Sylvia
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 22:14

BF:
Progress:
Default HI sylvia!

So nice to meet you. Hope we see you on here again soon..my grandaughter was Miss Teen Fort Michilimacknac 2001. Lots of fun, a years worth of paradea and appearances.
So how bout a picture of that great old camper? Here's (I hope) a picture of ours. Regards, Maxine
http://us.z.geocities.yahoo.com/v/w...RS2CAMPING.html
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 04:33
Registered Member

Good morning all-
Maxine, your rig looks great. Is the truck and trailer color co-ordinated? I've been fighting a bad chesty cough. We were supposed to leave yesterday but have delayed it until Friday. Hopefully the medicine will act quicker this time. Hope all your Christmas preparations are going smoothly. We will be in Florida the same time as you and will certainly honk if we pass on the road! Wouldn't that be funny!
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 08:06

Plan: My Own
Stats: 248.5/228.4/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hi ya all. WSe LOVE TO CAMP and are always sad when it is over for the season. Too cold to camp here and I am still working for at least 187 more months.

I will later try to put a picture of us and our camper in the gallery.

I hope to have many nice winters in our camper in much warmer weather. Hate to leave our son and his family but I guess we will have to if we go.

Have a good day ladies.

Linda
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 09:28
Raising My Pitch

I wish I could put a picture on here, I have a hard time reducing them down to a size that will fit, or that is what it tells me, altho I see lots of other pictures that are real big. Even my Avatar is smaller than the others. I will look through my pictures and see if I can find a good one to scan to my computer and try one more time to get it on here. Have your magnifying glass ready.lol
Sylvia
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 09:56

BF:
Progress:
Default Brvida, and all, eating on the rd flash!

HI again, Glad you like our rig..is the truck and trailer cordinated? Didnt start out that way but when we bought the new truck it was that one or a red one available on the lot, so we went with what they call almond, and it does match pretty well.

I just saw on CNN that "Hardee's" is selling a low carb burger NO BUN wrapped in a lettuce leaf for low-carbers..maybe those who travel will want to try that..

I don't remember seeing many Hardees on the road but will get on their website and look for locations..

Brvida you guys travel safely and God's speed during your travels.

Sincerely, Maxine
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 10:15
Raising My Pitch

Thanks for the Hardees info. DH and I stop there allot. He loves their biscuits and sausage gravy. We have them in Ga.,TN and KY., we saw a few in Ohio. We saw some fast food restrs. out West, they were not Hardees but had the red and yellow star logo, can't remember the name right now and we didn't stop to see if they were the same, just different name.
It's a beautiful day here the sun is bright and the sky clear blue. Temp. around 40ish.
Sylvia
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 11:32

BF:
Progress:
Default HI Sylvia

Di you know for sure if any State Parks are open for camping near Dalton in Jan? We want to stay somewhere around Chatannoga for one of our stops and Dalton is where we usually stop at a motel on our way back North if we're without the camper.
I called and the State park hotline said they were open year round which is wonderful, but hate to get there and get a suprise.
Have as stated before two old dogs we can't leave behind, 10 and 15 yrs old so only stay at pet friendly campgrounds.
ANyway it's not too cold here, lower 30's, but dreary, mix rain and snow. Makes for dicey roads.
regards, Maxine
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 16:04
Hello

Plan: Modified Ketogenic
Stats: 182/180/145 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hi there ladies,

I, too, am an RV camper! We have a 28 foot Nomad travel trailer and a Ford F-250 diesel.

However, me and DH are still at least 25 years from retirement , so we stick to weekend getaways and a week here and there as vacation allows.
So if you were quick and did the math, you'd know I am not officially "allowed" to be over here inthe TOFF's, but.....just don't tell anyone
Your long trips sound fun, so post all your details and I will live vicariously through you!!!

Have fun and safe towing!!!
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 20:24

BF:
Progress:
Default Welcome Natkins

Glad to meet you..even if you're not over 50 yet..always glad to share camping adventures so feel free ant time..Maxine
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 22:17
Registered Member

When we travelled to Texas at the end of October, most of the campsites we stayed at published that they closed Oct 31st but when we asked, some of them said they were open all winter but the water was shut off at the end of Oct. Guess it's trial and error. We are definately leaving on Friday morning, rain or shine. Maxine, in Bradenton, do they have model hook ups? One place we stayed at in Victoria TX had wireless hookups and it was wonderful. That was the only place we found like that on that trip but have since looked on the internet and have a list of places, not necessaryily where we will be but we will have the list of reference.
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Dec-18-03, 07:45
Raising My Pitch

Maxine
We have Fort Mountain State Park, and the Corp. of Engs. at Carters Lake. I will try to check and see if they are open in the winter months. Sometimes the water is shut off, guess they are afraid the pipes will freeze. Even thought we are this far South we still get freezing weather sometimes. I think there is a KOA at Chatt.,Tn. and also Chester Frost Park., it's on the Lake., also Chatt.
Sylvia