Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 09:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240.2/227.4/164 Female 69 inches
BF:mini goal 225
Progress: 17%
Default Osolo Low carb muffins, rolls, and sweet rolls

Just found these, and wondered if anyone has tried them, and if they are any good?
They do have a website with the nutritional information on them..and shows no sugars and 3 g of carbohydrates for 1 roll.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 14:51

Stats: 279/247/180 Female 5' 4"
BF:Way/too/much
Progress: 32%

I bought the Banana Nut ones the other day and am not going to buy them again! They don't even taste like banana. I've been covering them with cream cheese and cinnamon just to get rid of them (I hate wasting money). Anyway, dh just got a box of the Original flavor lastnight. He had one with his burger and said they were great that way. I didn't want to try it because I'd had the Banana one in the morning and didn't want 2 in one day. I'll probably try another type at some point . BTW- this is the first "bread" I've had since I started in October I don't want to make a habit out of it again. We used to eat almost a whole fresh loaf of French bread for dinner every night .

Alli
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 22:44

Stats: 140/125/125 Female 5 2
BF:33/25/20
Progress: 100%

I tried the Pumperknickle and loved it. I also tried the cinnamon raisin which I toast and put cream cheese on - not bad (a little too sweet for me, it is a "sweet rollz"). I have not tried the regular yet.

I would advise to give it a try - you just may like it.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 09:52
Registered Member

Stats: 190/162.5/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 69%

I tried several different kinds for burgers and none of them were good!!! Yuck. Lots of people like them though. Different tastes for different people I guess.

Melissa
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 23:45

Stats: ***/***/*** Female ***
BF:
Progress: 21%

I've tried just about every variety they have. Love the banana nut & cinnamon raisin toasted & buttered with breakfast occaisionally. Like the pumpernickel and sourdough too for burgers or sandwiches. They make an Italian deli roll also which is very good. The original is my least favorite, although it's alright. The main thing to keep in mind is that these are NOT going to taste the same as the bread we've been used to and the texture is a bit spongy. However, given that we don't have much in the way of bread to choose from, our options are limited. These have been quite acceptable, and I have found them to be pretty good actually. Of course, it is a matter of personal taste. I'm just one opinion here!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 07:00
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

The cinnomon raisin ones make great french toast and are marvelous as a side toasted with butter with my steak and green beans. Now the Italian ones make an AWESOME garlic bread. I slice them longwise in half, spread some butter and sprinkle garlic salt, then pop in the oven for a few till they start to get crisp then put mozzerella on it.. Man oh man good ......
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 08:47
Contributing Member

Stats: 254/215/180 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 53%

I bought the sourdough ones and did not care for them at all .... so rather than throw them away I cut them up anmd browned them in some garlic olive oil and butter until nice and crisp and had croutons for my cesar salad ...
I recently bought a loaf of Nature's Own Original carb conscious bread (3netcarbs) and it is terrific ... wholesome ingredients, no preservatives .... its in the freezer, so I don't overdo it!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 14:35

Plan: syndromeX
Stats: 231/220/150 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 14%

I've tried the blueberry and didn't much like it at first. However, I had the idea to treat it as a blueberry pancake and put s/f syrup on it. YUM!!!! tasted just like blueberry pancakes.