Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1966   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-07, 17:22
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

That wrap sounds great. I had leftovers- and my whole fridge is cleaned out now! For RM had salad, brussel sprouts, steak, baked sweet potato and some dried fruit. I took the cold sliced steak and put it,the potato and the fruit in a skillet to heat up with a smidge of olive oil. It was really good.
Tomorrow I am going to a friend's house, so I have no idea what will be served. Then we'll see. I just want to eat out of the freezer for a while, so I know I will make salmon one night this week.
Loving cooler weather- but like Linda I hurt my foot while walking- so I'm taking it easy for a few days.Bummer.
Hope all is well-
E
Sponsored Links
  #1967   ^
Old Wed, Sep-19-07, 11:00

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Sorry to hear about your foot! I had a disaster of a rm last night...tried a new recipe I found for coating chicken with coarse chopped almonds and almond flour.

Maybe I've had the almond flour too long in the fridge...the taste was almost good, but then I got sick..ugh!

That set me off to overcarbing..dang it. Had sliced strawberries with half a container (4 oz.) of a Brown Cow maple yogurt..that would have been okay, but after beginning to feel really icky, I "medicated" myself with an english muffin.

Today's goal...balanced rm!!!!

Wish I had a working scale for this weight, my usual scales were bought when I was under 335...I do know my pants are getting just a bit looser, so I do think I am losing.

I sure feel better..guess I'll take that
  #1968   ^
Old Wed, Sep-19-07, 14:54
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hey- feeling better is great in and of itself. If your pants are looser you are losing. Sometimes the scale would be the same, my pants would be loser and then in a few days I'd have a loss.

Sorry about the almond flour. ANd compared to where you were a while ago, your bad day was still better.

Nothing much going on here- cleaning up the house. I have a guest room that really needs sprucing up. I saw an article in a magazine and they put litle matching night stands and little lamps on the side of the bed- transformed the room. I am thinking about doing this, too. Nothing fancy- but a change.
E
  #1969   ^
Old Thu, Sep-20-07, 17:39
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

I just finished a great RM- one of my favs. Salad, burger, slice of sourdough bread, brussel sprouts, 1/2 piece of chocolate, water.
I am going to try and walk tomorrow- see how my ankle holds up. I'm meeting a friend for coffee at 10am, so I'm free until then to walk and go to the gym. Lots to do in the afternoon.
Hope everyone is great-
E
  #1970   ^
Old Sun, Sep-23-07, 02:04

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 110/107/105 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
I just finished a great RM- one of my favs. Salad, burger, slice of sourdough bread, brussel sprouts, 1/2 piece of chocolate, water.
I am going to try and walk tomorrow- see how my ankle holds up. I'm meeting a friend for coffee at 10am, so I'm free until then to walk and go to the gym. Lots to do in the afternoon.
Hope everyone is great-
E

Enomarb,
I was just curious, do you eat your two other meals or just your rm?
  #1971   ^
Old Sun, Sep-23-07, 10:39
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi Just-
I eat 2 CMs- always. My breakfast is always the same (I am a creature of habit): 2 eggs, 2 slices of turkey bacon, and some kind of cheese in the eggs. Coffee. If I am out for breakfast I usually can't get the turkey bacon, so it will be scrambled eggs with cheese or some kind of omelet(spinach and cheese is my fav) with no sides.
My lunch CM is some combo of veggies and protein: chicken cesar salad is the standard in a restaurant, but I usually have planned leftovers. Today was spinach and salmon. Tomorrow will be leftover grilled chicken with either spinach or salad. Drink is water.
HTH- and please remember I am maintaining not losing.
E
  #1972   ^
Old Sun, Sep-23-07, 16:09

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 110/107/105 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
hi Just-
I eat 2 CMs- always. My breakfast is always the same (I am a creature of habit): 2 eggs, 2 slices of turkey bacon, and some kind of cheese in the eggs. Coffee. If I am out for breakfast I usually can't get the turkey bacon, so it will be scrambled eggs with cheese or some kind of omelet(spinach and cheese is my fav) with no sides.
My lunch CM is some combo of veggies and protein: chicken cesar salad is the standard in a restaurant, but I usually have planned leftovers. Today was spinach and salmon. Tomorrow will be leftover grilled chicken with either spinach or salad. Drink is water.
HTH- and please remember I am maintaining not losing.
E

You have far more willpower than I; way to go!
  #1973   ^
Old Mon, Sep-24-07, 03:11
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
it's not aboutwillpower- when I eat this way I feel 'normal'. I really believe it is all about the insulin, and CALP has been a gift- my insulin release is under control and my body has healed. This is a commitment I make every day - to me!

planned meals today-
CM: eggs, 2 slices turkey bacon, coffee, 1 t feta in the eggs
CM: left-over grilled chicken with lettuce,water
RM: sandwich, salad, veggie (this is depending on where I get the sandwich!)

I have a crazy day with school until 5 and a meeting I have to leave home for at 6:30- so I have less than an hour between to change, eat, prepare. Tomorrow I am taking my DD out for dinner, so it is up to her where we go.
E
  #1974   ^
Old Wed, Sep-26-07, 11:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 340/285/175 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi Everyone! I realized I haven't been in here for a while....we've been really busy. This has been a difficult week for staying on plan and I don't see much changing in the next few days. That said, I'm making the best choices that I can and for now, that's all I can do.

Weather has not been cooperating for the riding that I would like to do but I've been getting indoor workouts. I sure do miss being out on my bike, though! Hopefully next week will be better!
  #1975   ^
Old Thu, Sep-27-07, 15:20
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

Good week so far, foodwise. Tonight I am having eggs, cheese, salad, salmon and bread.
Tomorrow we area going out for steak with another couple- my friend is also trying to do Low Carb but just does not seem to get it. She was so excited we could go out for a steak dinner with them.

I have been in the same size clothes now for 3 years- so it is time to go through the closet and try on and see what is in there! Shopping in my closet is a lot cheaper than real shopping!
E
  #1976   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-07, 15:17
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

well, a little excitement. My DH was riding his bike yesterday and was hit by a car. He is banged up and had to have his broken arem surgically repaired, but it is a miracle that other than that he is fine. So I spent all day yesterday and today in teh hospital. As there was basically no food for me to eat, I just didn't eat. Was home for dinner yesterday and am cooking now. Once I decided to skip lunch it was not too bad.
I have seen too many people who go off plan when something like this happens, and i just have to stay focused.
Anyway, just wanted to tell you what happened. I am so happy he is home and the surgery went so well.
E
  #1977   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-07, 15:52
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

I'm so glad he came through so well!!!

I perfectly understand your strategy!!!
  #1978   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-07, 17:09

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

I am sorry to hear about DH and his accident. Glad he will be OK. It could have been so much worse.

You are so strong with the CALP WOL. This would have given most people the excuse to go OP, but you held strong. You amaze me. You are a definite roll model for CALP.

Just wanted to know I am thinking about you and glad DH only escaped with a broken arm and some brusies. Take care of yourself.
  #1979   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-07, 13:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 340/285/175 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 33%

Wo, Eno, I'm glad your DH is ok! I do so much biking and something like that is always in the back of my mind...

I have to say I was I am back all the way on plan! The crazy schedules, etc. are over with and I'm already done with most of my workout. Still have to do my rebounder tonight.

Food was on plan and delicious! Not sure what I'm making for today's RM. Waiting to ask DS what he wants for dinner. I'll be doing my RM in the evening for the next few weeks because both DH and DS will have different work hours and both will be home in the evenings.
  #1980   ^
Old Mon, Oct-01-07, 16:00
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

thanks for your posts. He had a really good day- we just hung out and spent a lot of time on the back deck.
Someone brought dinner tonight- spinach pie (spinach and cheese) and apple cobbler. I will add a salad and a piece of left-over chicken. If I can convince DH we will have fruit to- instead of cobbler- we got 2 baskets of fruit. One is chocolate covered strawberries, which DH loves. I am just happy he wants food!
I am going to work for a few hours tomorrow- I work 5 minutes away. He wants me to go- he is already tired of being home!
E
Closed Thread