Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1861   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-07, 14:31
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
I never answer the questions about other diets and CAD or CALP as I have never ben on any of the others- sorry. Don't want you to think Iam ignoring you!
I have a nice RM planned for tonight- salad, burger, sweet potato (tiny one- like the size of an egg!), brussel sprouts, and watermelon. I will make lots of the brussel sprouts and then I can have leftovers tomorrow. DS is making dinner tomorrow- grilled hot dogs (don't ask) so I will need extra veggies for me.
I am invited to one of those 'parties' where they sellyou stuff- this one is handbags. I feel like I should go, but I know I will NOT buy anything. It is for 6:30- I would be late anyway. I will have to see how I feel. I know I don't want to go, so I probably won't go.
ANy ideas?
E
Sponsored Links
  #1862   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-07, 22:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 340/285/175 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi Everyone! Had another good bike ride today - 22.75 miles. The miles today put me just over my mini goal of 700 miles before the end of June!

RM today was a big salad and an ice cream cone....didn't really want anything else.

Tonight I had 2 burger patties. I had planned on a salad but never got around to it.

Hey Eno, did you get things straightened out with the orthotics?
  #1863   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-07, 07:51

Plan: CALP
Stats: 220/198/165 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good Morning all,

I have been having a bit of a challenge of late with my RM. Really going overboard. I am eating my fruit (because I miss it so much during the day) and my starchy carb with dinner... and occassionally a sweet as well. Obviously, I have stalled out. Any suggestions for keeping balance in RM. Also, what are some great cook extra side dishes you can take for lunch the next day?

Have a great one all!
Megan
  #1864   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-07, 08:00
Registered Member

Stats: 198/183.5/165 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 44%

Question for all you regulars here...how often can you switch up your RM without it making a huge difference in your weight loss? I usually have my RM for lunch but might switch it once or twice a week to dinner. Anyone done this with success?
  #1865   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-07, 15:55
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

Hi-
well I did go to that home party thing- but I went at 7 and it started at 6:30- so I ended up an hour late and just had decaf coffee and didn't buy anything. I think my friend really appreciated that I came.

I change my RM maybe 2-3 times a year. The Hellers say not to do it often as it messes up the insulin release thing. Maybe other people have other experiences. I find that when I switch my RM from dinner I really miss my dinner carbs!

About balancing the RM- if yu really want all those carbs, make them tiny portions! Like a few cherries, a bite of sweet and a spoon of starch. Or just start plating up your RM like in a restaurant- in 4 bowls (salad, protein, veggie, carb) and then no more.
I'm into watermelon big time right now- so I understand the whole fruit thing. I go in phases- fruit, yogurt, sweets, cereal, bread. I am in fruit now!
I make extras of everything for lunch CM. This week I have had extra chicken and green salad, extra salmon and zuchini, and extra burger and brussel sprouts. I can eat leftovers of just about any protein and veggie.

My DS is making dinner tonight- I requested a green salad and I have some leftover veggies, so I'll be fine. He usually makes a very elaborate meal. Tonight is a surprise. I'll tell ou abut it tomorrow.

No orthotics yet- they were totally wrong and had to be redone. I hope I get them soon!
E
  #1866   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-07, 19:24

BF:

Hi Everyone! Rest day from biking....too hot and humid.

Breakfast was a flax bread with a burger patty.

RM was some stuff from the deli at the grocery store - pasta salad with ham and cheese chunks, pickled beets and ham spread on whole grain bread. Not real balanced but didn't go overboard on portion sizes. I had an ice cream cone for dessert.

Dinner tonight was ricotta cheese pie - a new recipe for me. It was very good! Glad DS was home to share it with me and the leftovers go in his lunch for work! I think I could have serious portion control issues with this!

When I switch my RM, I try to do a more plain low carbstyle day the next day and then back to CAD. I try not to do it often because I am used to having my RM at lunch and it seems too heavy of a meal in the evening. And if I have to do a CM at lunch, I feel like I'm missing something the rest of the day!
  #1867   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-07, 09:13

Stats: 220/198/165 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress:

Eno-
Thanks for the tips about RM balance. I am going down the shore tomorrow, so I am going to try very hard to stay on plan, but I know there will be challenges. Realistically, I am okay with that. I will do my very best, but try no to beat myself up over the mistakes. I hope everyone has a very safe and happy July 4th week.

Megan
  #1868   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-07, 15:32
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

HOT out today.

Last night my DS made grilled hot dogs, corn on the cob, brussel sprouts, sauteed onions/peppers/mushrooms, and watermelon. I added a gren salad- RM!

Today we are going out to dinnerfor RM. It is at a place I can get fish or chicken, salad and vegies. My carb will probably be the bread. It will be too much and too late to get a dessert.
E
  #1869   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-07, 22:49

BF:

Hi Everyone! Got out for a 26 mile bike ride this morning. It was windy and hilly but a good ride.

Breakfast was a flax bread with a burger patty.

Lunch (RM) was a salad, 2 burger patties, some pickled beets and a chocolate bar (PMS).

Dinner was salad and a chicken breast.

It really cooled off here so we didn't get out to the pool today. But at least we have the windows open today and the A/C off. That should save us a nickel or two!
  #1870   ^
Old Fri, Jun-29-07, 13:11
Registered Member

Stats: 198/183.5/165 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default Hotel Stay

Hi all--I will be going with my family to stay at a Hyatt for 4th of July and know that I can handle lunch (my RM) and dinner (CM) but am not sure about breakfast. Because its a Hyatt, their b-fast bar would cost a small fortune (especially for a family of 5) so I was going to just bring stuff for my boys to eat (cereal, fruit bars etc...) but am not sure what to do for myself! Any advice? I know we will have a small fridge or at least a cooler with us.
  #1871   ^
Old Sat, Jun-30-07, 10:10
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

Hi Nicole-
don't know where you are, but lots of hotels have full service restaurants besides the buffet places. I usually order a side order of 2 eggs- I have been charged from a dollar to $5.00- usually just a couple of bucks. I very nicely explain I am insulin resistant and that I can only eat protein in the morning.
ANother idea is for you to bring hard boiled eggs and little packets of salt and pepper. Or even make some egg salad (or tuna or chicken) and bring it with you on ice in the cooler. I love egg salad in the morning.
On another list, a suggestion was made that if you're flying- and I guess have a rental car- pick up a cheap styrofoam cooler in a walmart and fill it with the food you need on vacation. I have a friend who does that- she also buys beach chairs and uses them her whole vacation and then leaves them- she says she is still ahead from not paying the hotel for beach chairs. She buys a cooler with wheels at walmart and uses it for food at the beach too- restocks it with hotel ice. I know this is true- I got her last cooler when we visited them at the beach!

Have you called the Hyat and asked if there is a kids option for breakfast? Or any fast food places right nearby? I go to a hotel for business a few times/year and there is a McD's there too. HTH! Have fun!

On Thursday had fish, salad, mashed cauliflower and green beans and bread for RM. Last night had (home) salad, burger, brussel sprouts, corn (1 spoon), watermelon (i small cube) and a mojito. I feel fine today- but it was a bit carby even for me. I had cut up the melon, and just had a small piece and it did satisfy.
CM (in a minute) will be a big salad and a leftover burger. RM tonight is at a friend's house- but she is grilling chicken adn will have the salad I am bringing!

Stay cool!
E
  #1872   ^
Old Sat, Jun-30-07, 21:20

BF:

Hi Everyone! I went rollerskating today with DS and had a great time. Came home and lounged in the pool for about a half hour and then he suggested we go out for dinner because he had a gift card for Chili's. DH was at work (then came home because work was cancelled). He had projects to do so he didn't go out with us.

RM was a raspberry margarita, chips, salsa, cheese dip, hot wings and some onion blossom. I ate one wing and brought the rest home - I was stuffed! We shared all the other stuff.

DS said he wants to do low carb but I don't know how close to CAD it will be. He'll be doing more of a general low carb.
  #1873   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-07, 18:59

BF:

Busy day yesterday and today! I went on a long bike ride with DH yesterday. Took along snacks of string cheese and granola bars for DH. I bought some nuts to snack on. I really didn't do the CAD plan because with such a long ride, I need to have very small snacks more often. We did a 50.56 mile ride.

Today's RM was spaghetti and a little bit of chocolate and a popsicle.

Dinner was a salad and chicken breast. DS survived his first day of lower carbing!

Today and tomorrow we are busy getting ready for our annual family 4th of July picnic. Looking forward to it but also looking forward to it being done!
  #1874   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-07, 14:59
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
slooowwww on the thread......
Hello out there in cAD/CALp land!
All is well here. Rm tonight: grilled chicken sausages with feta and spinach, salad, spinach, yogurt and berries.
have a great Independance Day!
E
  #1875   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-07, 20:37

BF:

Just a quick hello for now! Getting ready for a big family picnic tomorrow. Once that's over things will settle down and I'll have more time!

Food is going good, exercise is good, too!
Closed Thread