Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-01, 13:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/308/200
BF:
Progress: 14%

Wendy wrote:

"Funny before I found you folks and decided on joining you all. I was so fed up with food and cooking. Really at a loss at what to serve my family and then Atkins came along and really changed things. Remember my posting of feeling fear of having to cook again? Well, no fear now and I seem to be making time for it after all. I have learned to plan my meals better then to just rush home and say...now what can I feed us, and end up with something quick and full of pasta!"

I was reading your words here in another post Wendy, (hope you don't mind my copying them), and I loved what you said here!

I have been trying this for such a short time, but already I am almost as thrilled with the idea of being more organized in my home life (regarding cooking especially) as I am at the prospect of losing weight. I never realized even, what a great stress it is to rush in the door and try to create a masterful supper for my husband and myself out of thin air! Now, I don't worry about that. We are both lucky enough to have jobs where we can both be home for lunch too, so that was also a worry, very easy to put pizza pops in the microwave or bread, bread, bread!....

Already I am completelely relaxed about lunch, there are lots of burgers, chicken and tuna salad, meat loaf etc...waiting for a quick meal or snack and I am planning like crazy which makes my life so much easier and more stress free. I am feeling so good these days. Not just about eating, but even just living like this! I hope this good feeling lasts, and hope to see some results on the scale...(right now too scared to check, only been a few days!)

Smiles!

Mari
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-01, 13:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

I hear ya Mari,

I don't feel so stressed now....as now I tend to plan what to eat everyday, which I thought I did anyhow, and sure enough didn't....LOL

I can't see me eating any other way again...sure I will have my treats here and there and splurge when I have reached my goal weight with a few hi carbs here and there too. Yet, this woe is working well with myself and my family. Why change it?

Wendy is a happy girl and its about time she looked after herself and have a way of life change too!

Wendy