Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#226   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-05, 16:40

Plan: low cal, low carb
Stats: 196/145/140 Female 5'6.5
BF:23%
Progress: 91%

Cindy, your avatar here fits in with your weekend! Yes, it ought to be mostly water and it will fall off once you get ketogenic again.

Nawchem, sounds like a new, very economical car is on the horizon for you. So tell us again exactly the plan you are now following? I know you were doing some almost all protein, but beyond that am confused.

As to alcohol, I am sure that is the culprit from my Saturday free meal...I had almost a half bottle. Would cause much water retention that no doubt soaked into the rice I ate!!
Sponsored Links
  #227   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-05, 18:38

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 182/169.5/150 Female 5feet 5 inches
BF:39%
Progress: 39%

Hey everyone! I am so proud of myself this week end bc I had one free meal AND kept portions under control!! I only gained abt a pound in water weight so hopefully that will come off soon. I went out with my parents for brunch and ordered some banana french toast. Before it came I filled myself up on water and salad, so by the time I got the french toast, i couldnt eat very much. I think that was the only reason i was able to "control" myself. I will certainly do it the next time i have my free meal.
I however, just blew all my hard work bc ive been fantasizing abt the dreamsfield pasta like crazy and i finally made a 1/3 of a cup tonight (around 61 calories). I also tried a new chicken receipe and boy was I proud of myself (for the chicken, not the pasta) bc for a person who cant cook, I did wonderfully with just some garlic,ff canola oil, and a slice of ff cheese!
This brings up a queston..I entered my info. into Fitday tonight and including the 1/3 cup of pasta...my calories totaled somewhere around 800. Now, if I could figure out a way to keep my calories around 600 while mainitaining my required protein intake, could i add a few pieces of pasta (i say pieces bc i couldnt add the entire 1/3) into my daily diet without interfering with my weekly calorie deficit? Or would that go against the spirit of the diet?

Last edited by KCookys : Mon, Sep-26-05 at 18:49.
  #228   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-05, 19:03
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

KC, your caloric intake could have very well come from the oil. 1 T has 110 calories, I believe. Instead of using oil, what about chicken or veggie broth? That would cut your calories. The Dreamfields pasta comes in at 200 calories, for a little over 2 oz of dry pasta. So... if you don't want to skimp on the pasta, skimp on the oil.

No matter how much I try to "limit" my alcohol on weekends, it never fails. That's my downfall. I love beer too, Nancy, and I LOVE martini's, and I've stayed away from those boogers!!!!! But the wine definitely gets me good.

But my only salvation to this is... drink on weekends!
  #229   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-05, 19:27

Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

Martini's!!! I think I had about 10 lemon drops on Thursday and at least 4 gray goose martini's on Friday And that's not even counting the vodka tonics I using using to "moderate" the alcohol I'm pretty sure I'll be down a few pounds tomorrow. Thank goodness I'm not having a hard time with cravings today!

Good job KCookys! That's the way to work the free meal to your advantage!!
  #230   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-05, 21:19

Nawchem,

Here's a picture of the security screen on my patio door FYI in case you could do something like this. This style is over all windows as well.

#231   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-05, 23:21
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Val that's really pretty. You sure have a green thumb too.

My plan is high in protein and just eating small portions but I'm not counting anything, since it seemed when I eat lowcal the minute I get hungry I start craving sweets. When I do CAD it allows you a reward meal, which means you have protein, vegetable and carbs. I do that about twice a week, you can eat as much as you want as long as the ratios of protein/veg/carbs are equal- no counting you just eyeball it.
  #232   ^
Old Mon, Sep-26-05, 23:25

So what is the difference between doing hi protein and low cal as we are, with two free meals a week?? I think that is what was confusing me.

Val
  #233   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-05, 01:22
Registered Member

Stats: 255/199.5/160 Male 68"
BF:
Progress: 58%

The difference? We've got it better! No ratios, just eat what you want as long as you get in some protein and veggies first. Well, unless you're anal and stupid, and decide that you know more than the author of the book and refrain from indulging in free meals for potentially better weight loss... *goes to sleep to quell cravings for blueberry pie*
  #234   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-05, 06:54

Truffle, how are you going with it?

Val
  #235   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-05, 07:53
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCookys
Hey everyone! I am so proud of myself this week end bc I had one free meal AND kept portions under control!! I only gained abt a pound in water weight so hopefully that will come off soon. I went out with my parents for brunch and ordered some banana french toast. Before it came I filled myself up on water and salad, so by the time I got the french toast, i couldnt eat very much. I think that was the only reason i was able to "control" myself. I will certainly do it the next time i have my free meal.
I however, just blew all my hard work bc ive been fantasizing abt the dreamsfield pasta like crazy and i finally made a 1/3 of a cup tonight (around 61 calories). I also tried a new chicken receipe and boy was I proud of myself (for the chicken, not the pasta) bc for a person who cant cook, I did wonderfully with just some garlic,ff canola oil, and a slice of ff cheese!
This brings up a queston..I entered my info. into Fitday tonight and including the 1/3 cup of pasta...my calories totaled somewhere around 800. Now, if I could figure out a way to keep my calories around 600 while mainitaining my required protein intake, could i add a few pieces of pasta (i say pieces bc i couldnt add the entire 1/3) into my daily diet without interfering with my weekly calorie deficit? Or would that go against the spirit of the diet?

Spirit schmirit! Do whatever works for you. I'm thinking though that your Dreamfields is going to replace protein, which you really need for 2 reasons: 1) It really keeps the appetite under control 2) so you don't lose lean body mass.

And congrats on the self-control! Its always nice to win those wars one has with oneself.
  #236   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-05, 09:52
Have A LC Margarita!

Plan: PMSF
Stats: 175/175/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Has anyone emailed the mods about putting in our own section? I am sure this has happened but I just wanted to see what the outcome was.
  #237   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-05, 09:56
Registered Member

Stats: 255/199.5/160 Male 68"
BF:
Progress: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALEWIS
Truffle, how are you going with it?

Val

Bettter, now that my free meal approaches. I wanted one last Wednesday or Thursday, only I started losing weight again at that time so I didn't want to stall that. Then, I approached my weigh-ins (yesterday and today) and I didn't want to put on unnecessary weight. Now, it looks like I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I don't want to throw off any of the readings by having a high carb meal. So either tomorrow night or Friday I will have pie, and it will blow my mind, and I will be satisfied.
  #238   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-05, 10:07
Experimenter

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanZero
Has anyone emailed the mods about putting in our own section? I am sure this has happened but I just wanted to see what the outcome was.

I didn't. I figured we were too few to warrant our own section. I did ask about the low-cal recipes though and I think it was pretty much nixed.
  #239   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-05, 12:06

Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

Truffle - I sure hope that pie does the trick for you! I've definately found my cheat meals lacking. I get all excited about them and then they're not all they were cracked up to be

Val- What a gorgeous patio!! It looks like vacation to me!!

Back to 275.8 today. I'm betting I have a decent whoosh tomorrow, so hopefully back to 260s by the end of the week
  #240   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-05, 12:14
Experimenter

BF:

Cindy, you too? I used to get all worked up and drool over them. But they always failed to really satisfy me. Now I'm just as happy having one thing, usually a potato smothered in sour cream and butter.