Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Thyroid Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Apr-18-09, 16:12

Plan: Atkins/Hhcg
Stats: 155/115/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 133%

aero

You can do that on your own. I am sure that someone will chime in with where to go for that. But my doctor will give you the kit if you wish. Better yet, she will explain your results to you and give you the guidance you need after you get the results back. You don't have to do it alone. You have to do it on day 19-21 of your cycle...there are pretty specific instructions and if you prefer she can do a hair analysis instead of the saliva test. That is what I chose to do. Btw, you have a PM angie. I have had anemia a few times in my life too. The hair analysis will give you a better picture about your minerals. The report you get back will tell you exactly what minerals you are deficient in and what you are toxic in. Plus, the ratios will tell you if you have adrenal issues or not. Very fascinating stuff indeed! Fortunately I only have a slight toxicity of aluminum. But with the hair analysis report I have been given supplements that target exactly what I am deficient in. Very helpful.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Apr-20-09, 07:57
Registered Member

Plan: whole food
Stats: 160/160/160 Male 200
BF:
Progress:

you can get it online, i have done labs from genova, zrtlab.com; and vrp.com

all are good and test is around 120$... i think its worth it

for vitamins.minerals testing i really liked the Spectracell test....
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Apr-20-09, 14:23

Plan: Atkins/Hhcg
Stats: 155/115/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 133%

mineral--my doctor told me it would be like $66 per test and that you have to collect the saliva at 4 intervals throughout the day. That would bring it to about double what you state. I have not had it done, so I could be wrong. But that is why I haven't had it done yet. The hair analysis was cheaper! But I will break down and get the saliva done as my hormones are out of whack. Just going with the adrenals right now...hormones later, thyroid after that.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Apr-27-09, 22:09

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

You can get adrenal testing and hormone saliva testing done at canary club's site... The combined test was $100.00 that is how I found out that my adrenals were exhausted and that my female hormones were below normal...
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Apr-28-09, 10:05
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeweeaka
You can get adrenal testing and hormone saliva testing done at canary club's site... The combined test was $100.00 that is how I found out that my adrenals were exhausted and that my female hormones were below normal...

Do you have a URL for that site? Thanks!
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Apr-28-09, 20:04

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Do you have a URL for that site? Thanks!

Hey Nancy,

Sorry about that here it is http://www.canaryclub.org/. No affiliation but a number of people were using them on another site I belong to so I took the leep and definitely got more bang for my buck. It did take me about two weeks to receive my results, however!