Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-04, 09:34

Plan: On the beach
Stats: 184/171/140 Female 5 ft 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Mock Danish

Is wonderful....

I am not much for the dishes other than pure meats and veggies but I am so sick of eggs. I just can not even eat them. So I tried the Mock Danish and man I think I can do this for a few days lol. I did add cinnamon and butter and let it melt in, what a yummy dish!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-04, 19:47
SillySassy&SoonSexy

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/???/145 Female 5' 4
BF: 15%..I wish..haha
Progress: 55%

I made this dish and couldn't believe how good it is. It is sooo simple to make as well. 4 min of prepping and cood time total. I didn't have lemon extract so I use 1/2 tsp cinnamon instead and it is wonderful.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-04, 01:53
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

For me it's just not filling. I think alot of it is in my head though. I see a mock danish and while it's high cal, it just seems so small. The same 2 eggs fried in a pan, then with some veggies as a side would be lower cal, but more filling to me.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 15:03
Registered Member

Plan: custom
Stats: 150/115/100 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 70%

I like to make the mock danishes with "Luzianne raspberry iced tea flavoring" mixed with a pack of Splenda and poured in the middle instead of cinnamon or lemon. Yum, raspberry danish sugar free raspberry syrup would probably be even better but I haven't tried it.

I've also used splenda and cocoa powder, it turns out kinda like a brownie.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 16:50

Stats: 175/170/140 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 14%
Talking Yum!

Was DYING for something different with eggs... was a bit skepticle after taking out of microwave...(looks a little different haha) BUT WOW was it yummy! I wanna make another one right NOW hehe. But I will have to wait for tomorrow, still on induction and don't want to over do the cream cheese! Yummmmy yummmmy thanks SO much for the recipe!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 11:39

Plan: atkins/induction
Stats: 315/310/200 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 4%
Lightbulb love the mock danish, BUT?...............

I absolutly love this danish and i can see lots of different variations things to add as in sesonings, but just wanted to ask......are the sesonings like cinnamon and nutmeg and things like that do they have carbs?
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 21:01

Plan: Neanderwannabe
Stats: 160/125/115 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 78%

I'm curious about adding the cocoa powder. TOM is about to rear it's ugly head and I'm craving chocolate big time. How much cocoa should I add. And does anyone think that topping it with some melted chocolate is taking it too far?
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-23-06, 08:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 190/190/115 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 0%

I absolutely LOVE this!! I leave lumps of cream cheese and add cinnamon in it..yum!!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-23-06, 16:24
Registered Member

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 305/248.5/150 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 36%

Here's my favorite versions of the mock danish. Note that I start with one egg and only one oz. of cream cheese as a base, then...

Chocolate Peanut Butter - add one teaspoon of cocoa, one teaspoon of natural peanut butter, and one tablespoon of sugarfree chocolate DaVinici's syrup

Banana Nut -- add one tablespoon of sf banana DaVinci's syrup, a dash of pumpkin pie spice, and an extra dash of cinnamon; can also add a sprinkle of chopped pecans (about a quarter of an oz. or less)

Cherry Cheesecake -- add one tablespoon of mixed sf DaVinci's syrups (mostly vanilla with just a little bit of the cherry) and half a teaspoon of lemon juice

Cinnamon Toast -- add one tablespoon of sf caramel DaVinci's syrup and a healthy dash of cinnamon

They're not big, but somehow they're satisfying for a good long time!

I don't suppose anyone has any suggestions for making a savory mock danish that incorporates some of our daily veggie carbs? I want to spread my veggies out more in the day...
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Feb-23-06, 18:59
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
I don't suppose anyone has any suggestions for making a savory mock danish that incorporates some of our daily veggie carbs? I want to spread my veggies out more in the day...

Look at is as a mini quiche almost. You can add spinach and smoked salmon, denver omlette type veggies, or a few other common omlette or quiche ingredients. Also pumpkin is one of our allowed veggies, so a sweeter danish made like pumpkin pie with cinnimon and other spices is great.

Other ways to get veggies in at breakfast is to use cabbage. I love eggs with shredded cabbage cooked with bacon. Also an avacado omlette with cream cheese and salsa on top.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Mar-07-06, 00:54

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 184/155/134 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 58%

just thought i would let you know that i made waffles with this recipe today they were so good i did not use the sugar or the lemon
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Mar-07-06, 07:04

Stats: 225/185/150 Female 5 feet 4 in.
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ TERRY
just thought i would let you know that i made waffles with this recipe today they were so good i did not use the sugar or the lemon

Waffles??!! Yummie. Give up the recipe please. Just eggs and cream cheese? And maybe some spices like cinnamon?