Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-27-03, 14:05
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Hey Cori-

Actually in the Garden of Eden-God tells Adam and Eve they are to be stewards of the animals. Not to eat them willy nilly. In Deuteronomy, God specifically tells people not to eat pork. There are lots of conflicting eating messages in the Bible-depending on which quote you choose-that seem to support carnivore eating or vegetarian eating. I am not aure how you would reconcile all that.

I am a vegetarian low carber, but I don't have a problem with other people eating meat. I just choose not to do it. I would think that going free range, hormone free would be the best bet for both you and the earth, though. The more that we all buy those products, the cheaper they will become. Soy is another alternative that can replace meat in a meal even if you don't want to become a vegetarian.

As far as evolution is concerned-I am not going to get into a debate with you about that either-since human evolution is what I do for a living, obviously I accept it. I will say this though, science and religion do not have to be mutually exclusive. Actually, science has nothing whatsoever to say about God-he is an untestable hypothesis. We cannot measure him or take his blood or test him-so therefore he is beyond scientific knowledge. Science can only gather knowledge about the world at hand that we can feel and touch and test.