Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#151   ^
Old Mon, Nov-07-05, 20:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/259/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

My favorite two things so far is Bawdy's cheesecake with DaVinci SF Caramel syrup and hot chocolate (water, unsweetened cocoa, cream) with plenty of Caramel/Vanilla/Butter Rum syrup.
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-05, 10:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 243/238/190 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 9%

I'm trying to decide between caramel and dulce de leche which I believe is a more intense caramel. Anyone tried both? I'm planning to use it to flavor custards (trying to similate creme brulee flavor) and Bawdy's cheesecake (which I love BTW). I'm also trying to decide between vanilla and french vanilla.
Again, anyone tried both for comparison?
Add Kahlua and that will be all I can afford. I thought about the maple for pancakes but how is the flavor (I saw where it said it was kinda thin). I can find SF pancake syrup at the store but it has sugar alcohol.
  #153   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-05, 13:27

Plan: to take over de world
Stats: 184/153.8/153 Female 5'10"
BF:D
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjb2000
I'm trying to decide between caramel and dulce de leche

Personally, I think the caramel has a more mapley/toasty flavor than the dulce de leche.
Quote:
I'm also trying to decide between vanilla and french vanilla.

I also think the french vanilla has a richer/toasty flavor!

My favorites are English Toffee, Cookie Dough, and Macadamia.
  #154   ^
Old Fri, Nov-18-05, 09:26

Stats: 243/238/190 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 9%

Thanks zorra.

For anyone who substitues DaVinci's vanilla for vanilla extract in recipes, how much do you use for the normal tsp of vanilla extract? I'm not good at trying to go by taste on an uncooked baked good.
  #155   ^
Old Sat, Dec-03-05, 10:27

Stats: 235/187/158 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

next yr i want to get some more flavors. i am going to check TJ MAX'S
  #156   ^
Old Sat, Dec-03-05, 10:30

BF:
Progress:

I WANT TO GET MORE FLAVORS AND TO Expand with my other flavors. i have orange ,peachYummy) rasberry i think,bananna not so good, i might have coconut? i need to write down the flavors i have so i can get more flavors and bring back a second one if i allready have it. i like to add the flaovrs to diet jellos and also whippped cream low carb sweets recipes. sue
  #157   ^
Old Sat, Dec-03-05, 12:44

Plan: to take over de world
Stats: 184/153.8/153 Female 5'10"
BF:D
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymagoo
bananna not so good

Thanks for the warning!! Banana is one of my favorite flavors in general so I wanted to get the DaVinci's syrup, but I guess I'll just continue buying the extract instead!

Anybody tried blueberry!
  #158   ^
Old Sun, Dec-04-05, 21:00

BF:
Progress:

i have heard some like bananna but i do not like it that well. we all have diffrerent tastes. i want to get some french vannilla to try. i like the raspberry but i do not know if you can get it from the atkins brand - i liked atkins brand better for strawberry and raspberry though. i want to try the marshmellow one though from davinnci. i might ask for one for christmas 1 or 3 more flavors. sue
  #159   ^
Old Mon, Feb-13-06, 08:39

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 210/210/165 Female 5'5
BF:Don't know
Progress: 0%

I live in pembroke pines, fl. and i really want to get some of these syrups, but i dont know where to find them. To order them online the shipping is to much.
  #160   ^
Old Mon, Feb-13-06, 09:28
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANABUG
I live in pembroke pines, fl. and i really want to get some of these syrups, but i dont know where to find them. To order them online the shipping is to much.

If you order from netrition.com, shipping is a flat 4.95. Pretty good if I do say so myself
  #161   ^
Old Tue, Feb-14-06, 09:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/149/120 Female 64"
BF:34/26/<24
Progress: 63%
Default I use raspberry syrup in whipped cream

I like to slice a few strawberries and pour some sf raspberry syrup over it. Yum. I also mix raspberry syrup with heavy cream in a whip cream maker (with NO2 cartridge) and put it on my sugar free jello. I got my whipped cream maker at Linens 'N Things. You can also make chocolate mousse with Splenda, cocoa, vanilla and whipping cream. So far - it looks like I can dilute the whipping cream with other things like lc yogurt, sf syrup, etc as long as the whole mixture is at least 1/2 whipping cream and it will still whip.
  #162   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-08, 03:33

Plan: Atkins (Planning to...)
Stats: 120/98/90 Female 158cm
BF:
Progress:

Hi everyone!

I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are about the Torani syrups. Namely, how do they compare with the Da Vinci ones in general? Or does the comparison vary with each different flavor?

Da Vinci's seem to have more popularity over Torani's in the LC community, with most people saying Da Vinci's syrups are sweeter, have more flavor, and are thicker. I recently purchased Da Vinci's SF Irish Cream and Strawberry syrup. Having tried (and loved) both these flavors from Torani's, I am kind of disappointed in how the Da Vinci ones taste. Somehow, the Da Vinci ones actually seem thinner and runnier than the Torani ones.
As for the flavors, I thought Torani's had a richer Irish Cream. Their strawberry was not quite like real strawberries, more like strawberry flavored candies--which I did not mind. The Da Vinci brand's strawberry tasted like cough syrup though. But this is just my personal preference; flavor is a subjective thing.

What are your experiences with the different flavors of Da Vinci's and Torani's syrups? Please share =D
Torani's are much more available where I live, so I'm wondering if its worth the trouble trying to hunt down more Da Vinci syrups. If they all taste like their Irish Cream and Strawberry, I might just pass.
  #163   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-08, 11:08
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndiwong
Hi everyone!

I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are about the Torani syrups. Namely, how do they compare with the Da Vinci ones in general? Or does the comparison vary with each different flavor?

Da Vinci's seem to have more popularity over Torani's in the LC community, with most people saying Da Vinci's syrups are sweeter, have more flavor, and are thicker. I recently purchased Da Vinci's SF Irish Cream and Strawberry syrup. Having tried (and loved) both these flavors from Torani's, I am kind of disappointed in how the Da Vinci ones taste. Somehow, the Da Vinci ones actually seem thinner and runnier than the Torani ones.
As for the flavors, I thought Torani's had a richer Irish Cream. Their strawberry was not quite like real strawberries, more like strawberry flavored candies--which I did not mind. The Da Vinci brand's strawberry tasted like cough syrup though. But this is just my personal preference; flavor is a subjective thing.

What are your experiences with the different flavors of Da Vinci's and Torani's syrups? Please share =D
Torani's are much more available where I live, so I'm wondering if its worth the trouble trying to hunt down more Da Vinci syrups. If they all taste like their Irish Cream and Strawberry, I might just pass.
I think Torani syrups are fine. I use both, but mostly DaVinci's. That's just because it's more cost effective for me to order them from netrition.com. (Where I live, the only place that carries anything other than the Hazelnut and Irish Creme flavors charges $11 per bottle!)

If you notice that a syrup is thicker, check the label to see if it contains erythritol. That can add about 4g carbs per serving. It's a sugar alcohol that doesn't cause trouble for most people, but I'm finding that I really have to be careful of carbs.

I once bought a bottle of Monin "O-free" caramel flavored syrup. On the front of the label, it just said "sweetened with Splenda." But when using it, I noticed it was more syrupy than the DaVinci's. I checked the ingredients and discovered the erythritol and carbs. What a disappointment!
  #164   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-08, 18:25
Made in England!

Plan: LC, HF
Stats: 290/269/143 Female 5' 3"
BF:

I've just discovered DaVinci s-f syrups, and I'm hooked! I tried the Torani ones a while ago (chocolate and raspberry), but really didn't like the aftertaste. After reading this thread, I thought I'd give the DaVinci brand a go instead.

I got:
  • Cherry
  • Chocolate
  • Gingerbread (haven't tried it yet)
  • Chai Tea

I didn't realise until I got home that the Chai Tea is a concentrate rather than a syrup, and does have 1g of carb in 2 tablespoons. But that's okay.

I just zuzzed all this up the blender for a lovely, fruity shake:

1 tblsp Cherry S-F Syrup
85g Organic Soft Tofu
½ cup Natura Organic Soy Milk
Crushed Ice

Total: 3g carb (2g net carb for anyone who's interested)

I thought it was perfect, but hubby needed 2 tblsp of syrup in his.

Looking forward to trying the Gingerbread one in my coffee tomorrow.

Last edited by DishyFishy : Tue, Nov-18-08 at 10:00.
  #165   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-08, 10:05
Made in England!

Plan: LC, HF
Stats: 290/269/143 Female 5' 3"
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DishyFishy
Looking forward to trying the Gingerbread one in my coffee tomorrow.

Okay... not so keen on this one. It's not hideous or anything, but it takes quite the imagination to associate gingerbread with its flavour! I had so hoped it would taste like the Starbucks gingerbread syrup....