Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#106   ^
Old Sun, Sep-20-09, 10:44
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi Rachel- Hi ELiza!!!!

Rachel- I can't tell you what to do but I'll tell you what I do.
I say- that's great you want ice cream now, but I can't have that on my eating plan. Let's go someplace I can get something. Then I'd get a really good cup of coffee or green tea or a cold drink. I have suggested a fast food place for a Frosty or a milkshake and I get a side salad if I am feeling deprived. For breakfast, I'll try and eat home first, or if I have to eat out I'll suggest a cafe so I can get my eggs and will do a fast food place as a last choice- I guess a bakery would be last! When people want to go to certain restaurants I will say that something else would be better for me- and offer choices. I have found that this works out for me most of the time. WHen I first started this plan, one of my sisters made a snarky comment that I seemed to be focusing more on food!, and I just told her 'yes I am'. After going from a size 16/18 to a size 6/8 there were no more comments. Now they all know I eat weird and will just accomodate me. I had to put me first before they did!
hth-
E

today
cm:eggs, turkey bacon, cheese, coffee
cm:hot dog, diet coke, kraut
rm(?)- going to friends. I will bring a salad- so I know we will have one!

E
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Sun, Sep-20-09, 19:33

Plan: Mostly Atkins
Stats: 185/181/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
I had to put me first before they did!

That IS it - in a nutshell. Thanks Eno.

It's funny - my mom has been watching my sucess (and then later failure when I go off but I'll skip that) with low carb in general and she finally decided to give up the low fat lifestyle and add more protien and good fats to her diet. She went from 135lbs to 113lbs in about 3 months. I'm so proud of her and relived because I know she will be healthier. But what bugs me is she never gave up carbs entirely and she still lost weight without seeming to be hungry. When I try to balance my diet and cut my calories I feel like all I can think of is food. And when I don't cut the calories or carbs I *eat* the food I'm thinking of! It's very depressing.

I'm guessing that since she wasn't very overweight her cells were probably not insulin resistant (as mine likely are) and she continued to have sugar energy in her blood (or cells) for several hours after eating her "balanced" meal. I think my body tries to get the sugar, gives up and gets rid of it through the kidneys and then I'm left feeling hungry again. The only way to fix that is to be in constant super low carb mode- but that takes at least a week to get off the sugar and that's where I usually fail due to some temptation.

Oh well, everyone is finally gone and I'm hoping to start with a fresh slate tomorrow. I'm trying to decide whether CAD-ish eating is better so I can gave a little of what I want - or whether it's worse because I get to taste what I like daily and therefore I *remember* what it tastes like and it's eaiser to crave it outside a RM if the temptation is there. I think CAD is a *great* maintenance WOE for sure.

Sorry for the rambling. I'm just so angry with myself for succeding so many times only to mess up again and be back at square 1.

Last edited by RachelTN : Sun, Sep-20-09 at 22:53.
  #108   ^
Old Sun, Sep-20-09, 23:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 289/274/150 Female 5'2"
BF:It sure is!!
Progress: 11%

I am trying to be more accountable in hopes of being more successful. So here is what I have done yesterday and today.

Yesterday
Walked 2.4 miles
2 string cheese
small hamburger and small fry (so much for my plan on balancing my RM)

Today
taco salad w/fritos
1/2 apple
walked 4.3 miles

My goal today was to walk to my son's house that lives in town (we are in the country). I made it!! I showed up at his door first thing in the morning and knocked on the door and told him I made it. He high-fived me. I wasn't even super tired, I felt like I could keep going. Unfortunately, I had to stop and get a ride home so I wouldn't be late for church.

I was down a pound today. I am glad that I am finally seeing the scale move down. I am now in the 260's and hope to never, ever see the 270's again! It was exciting to put the weight in today because it shows my progress as being 20 percent to goal. I am hoping by my birthday to be able to ride horses with my daughter without the fear of killing the animal with my weight.

It doesn't seem like many people are posting lately, are they just busy?

Hope everyone has a successful week!
  #109   ^
Old Mon, Sep-21-09, 07:45
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 232/188/165 Female 5'8 in.
BF:
Progress: 66%

Hey all, I'm back! I followed CALP religiously about a year ago & lost 50 pounds. I reached my original goal of 180, but since then the weight has crept up a few pounds & I need to get back on track. This time, I'd like to reach 165, which would put me into the "normal weight" category on the BMI calculator. This is a great forum & it's nice to back. I'm going to try to follow CALP strictly for the next four months.
  #110   ^
Old Mon, Sep-21-09, 14:00
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi Aria- welcome back!!!!!

today
cm:eggs, turkey bacon, cheese, coffee
cm:fast food burger wrapped in a piece of lettuce, water
rm(planned)salad, green beans, meatballs, bread, water
  #111   ^
Old Mon, Sep-21-09, 14:05

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

Hello everyone,

I have been busy and have not had time to post. I am in the process of finally getting downstairs completed since I discovered the leak a few months ago.

It was really easy to ignore since I rarely go down there but the construction company really wanted to get started. We picked the color of the carpet and now I have to go and pick the colors for my fireplace hearth. One step at a time!

Saturday, 9.19.09

Menu
CM: 2 cups of black coffee
RM: Pork chop and green beans w/vinaigrette
CM: Salad of romaine w/cucumber & vinaigrette, pizza w/bell pepper, canadian bacon, olives, & red onions

Water
94 oz.

Option #1
GTF Chromium

Option #2
Day Off!

Sunday, 9.20.09

Menu
CM: Pork chop and green beans w/vinaigrette
RM: Salad of romaine w/avocado, bacon, cheddar cheese, cucumber, & ranch, and pizza w/bacon, bell pepper, canadian bacon, olives, & red onions

Water
94 oz.

Option #1
GTF Chromium

Option #2
Bowflex, 20 Minute Better Body Workout, 2 sets
120# Bench Press
120# Seated Lat Rows
120# Crossover Rear Deltoid Rows
120# Biceps Curl
120# Triceps Pushdown
120# Leg Extension
120# Standing Low Back Extension
150# Seated Abdominal Crunch
  #112   ^
Old Tue, Sep-22-09, 02:22

BF:

Hi Aria - welcome back!

Well I pulled myself together and did a regular "Atkins induction" type day today. It was terrible hard but finally around 8pm my appetite finally diminished a good bit. I plan to return to CAD, but I think I need about a week on strict 20-30 net grams LC to get back on track with my cravings. I found myself eating way too many high carb foods at my RM and wanting more. This way , when I return, I should be able to balance things right.
  #113   ^
Old Tue, Sep-22-09, 08:54

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTN
Hi Aria - welcome back!

Well I pulled myself together and did a regular "Atkins induction" type day today. It was terrible hard but finally around 8pm my appetite finally diminished a good bit. I plan to return to CAD, but I think I need about a week on strict 20-30 net grams LC to get back on track with my cravings. I found myself eating way too many high carb foods at my RM and wanting more. This way , when I return, I should be able to balance things right.

Good luck to you and I hope you find success with Atkins!
  #114   ^
Old Tue, Sep-22-09, 09:09

BF:

Hello everyone,

The construction company believes they could be finished by tomorrow but I don't see how. I am happy that we are making progress and hope to get things back to normal soon!

Monday, 9.21.09

Menu
RM: Salad of romaine w/bacon, cheddar cheese, cucumber, sauteed shrimp, & ranch
CM: (Restaurant) Salad w/dressing, tempura w/broccoli, carrots, sweet potatoes, zucchini, & shrimp

Water
94 oz.

Option #1
GTF Chromium

Option #2
Leslie Sansone Walk at Home
3 Mile Weight Loss Walk...A "Power Walk" at Home!
Mile 1: 15 minutes of non-stop muscle moving steps to get you started
Mile 2: 12 minutes of speed walking
Mile 3: 15 minutes to continue blasting calories as you burn body fat
I completed all 3 miles!
  #115   ^
Old Tue, Sep-22-09, 11:09

Hoppinn -Do you like the Walk at Home program? I have been walking every morning but the weather will be changing soon so I was considering looking into it. Would love your opinion!

Yesterday's report
I walked 5.2 miles
CM - chicken breast
CM - Cesear salad from Costco
RM - chicken salad, bread, pumpkin pie

How is everyone doing that are just starting back up?
  #116   ^
Old Tue, Sep-22-09, 14:14

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

I'm still around...haven't been feeling well, but I think I'm ready to jump back on the CAD-wagon! Today has been great so far.
CM- low carb protein shake
CM-cabbage and 2 oz cheese
RM- will be chicken/rice casserole with veggies and some dessert, possibly just a bowl of cereal with milk or dry.

I really have to focus on doing this just for today. If I let myself dwell on how much weight I lost last time, or how long it took, or how much I GAINED BACK...it really discourages me. I know I feel 100% better on CAD, so that has to be enough for now.

I am also reading a book called "Does this Clutter make my Butt look Fat?"...I think that's it. Interesting the way the author connects having a chaotic, disorganized home to weight issues. Both of these are major areas of concern for me. He doesn't try to give any food advice either, which is great.

Have a good night all.
  #117   ^
Old Tue, Sep-22-09, 16:41
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi Vel-
that guy Peter is really good. Please let us help you- just ask!

Just had a really good RM- so I'll post that first! I had a salad, salmon, and some broccoli rabe. It is really bitter and I cooked it with a little olive oil and chicken broth, garlic and parm. YUM! For carb had a slice of a sour cream pound cake a friend made. There is one left- for DH. He is working late and will eat the same dinner plus pasta. I was much more interested in the cake than the pasta!

E
  #118   ^
Old Tue, Sep-22-09, 22:47

Today was a long day. I only had the time or desire for one meal. I had salad with oriental chicken and cheese on it and a piece of sourdough.

I have noticed that my speed with walking has increased. Tonight I walked a mile in 18 minutes! Before I started this and used my thyroid supplement I was lucky to walk 30 minutes and make it a half mile. I am three times faster now! I walked a total of 2.1 miles today.

Vel- you did this once you can do it again! Just remember you just have to do it day by day or if that is too much hour by hour or even minute by minute. It is so worth it.
  #119   ^
Old Tue, Sep-22-09, 23:01

BF:

Hey just had to share...

I GOT A JOB!!!! Working as an Admin Assistant at the local University. I applied 2 months ago and they called today. It's temp but they said if they like me they's prefer to just train one person and keep them on. So happy there are no words to describe. Graduated May 7th, first job on Sept 25th. whew that was stressful!

Had another good LC day. I wish you all success and I'll probably be back on CAD when I start missing my carbs too much. Or when I hit goal - but I think the former will come before the latter...
  #120   ^
Old Tue, Sep-22-09, 23:04

Congratulations Rachel!! That is exciting. I heard most businesses hire temps nowadays, that way if the new employee doesn't work out they can say that there isn't any work instead of firing them. I think it's more "socially acceptable".

Keep us posted on how it goes!
Closed Thread