Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Sun, Aug-07-16, 16:39

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 222.2/169.4/155.0 Female 65
BF:32.4
Progress: 79%
Red face g'nite!

PAULETTE.....what a nice little cn gain! very helpful with that less-than-4-day whoosh you so desperately want/need/deserve
funny....the fair food didn't agree with scott or myself either! we were taking turns on that "locate the nearest bathroom" thing

off to see chris robinson from the black crowes
have a great night everyone!

Last edited by ChrissieL : Sun, Aug-07-16 at 16:44.
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-16, 05:48
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

Yes, Paulette, I ordered a cheese pizza at Shlotzky's. Not only was the cheese awful, there was a very salty, tomato, spice paste between the cheese and crust. I peeled everything off and just ate the bread. It then just tasted like a good garlic focaccia with a hint of seasoning. Pretty tasty that way but a tad salty from the seasoning residue. Lance said his special was awful, too. Someone told us how good their pizza was but clearly we have different taste. I wouldn't order it again, unless they'll just bake me the crust and bring a plate of butter.

I had a 2.2# bounce Sunday but today, I weighed 186.4!! So it all came off in 2 days, whereas lately, it has been taking me the entire week to even get my bounce off. I did drink more water than usual yesterday though. May have had something to do with the drop. So I'll be looking for a good week this week, maybe. Fingers crossed for everyone to see some loss this week.

Last edited by Buttoni : Mon, Aug-08-16 at 05:55.
  #183   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-16, 06:21

Cool happy monday!

PEGGY.....you tried it....you hated it.....you won't order it again
but just a baked crust with a side of butter sounds heavenly!!
congrats on losing that bounce so quickly!!

i am down another 0.3 this morning, which is surprising because even though my carbs were in the right range, my calories were over 1700!
that's alot for me, but the steak on the barbie was SOOOO good

have a great day y'all
  #184   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-16, 06:35
Patience Personified

Congrats on the .3 loss Chrissie. I just don't count calories. I quit logging food as I get too obsessed with logging and numbers when I do. I watched the macros for the first month or so of CNS and never got anywhere near 30 a day. I'm lucky if I eat 10 a day! I don't eat anything with carbs really, other than my eggs, a green veggie or 3NC tortilla for a lunch wrap. I wanted to do ZERO CARB for the 6 days between CN's but hubs isn't willing to do pure Zero Carb. So I haven't given up veggies totally. But I often don't eat the one I cook for the hubs. In the grander scheme of things, I figure 3-10 carbs intake a day just isn't worth logging and the stress-free side of no logging and fretting about numbers has really been nice. I go walking every morning for 20-30 minutes, so I figure I'm burning off the few carbs I eat before I even have breakfast.

This journey will forever be difficult on a beta blocker BP med. Can't lose weight easily when your med causes weight gain. It's a battle royale for every ½ pound I lose. It's never been WHAT I was eating that slowed me down. I don't cheat on diets. But sodium and my BP med are my enemies and slow my losses down something awful. But I've been struggling with this for 7 years now and I can struggle with it for 7 more if that's what it's going to take. What's my alternative?
  #185   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-16, 15:59

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hi everyone! I am down a lb today. Have not reached ketosis yet, so I am surprised.

It is a beautiful day today and I have been running errands all day! My cod is steaming up now for dinner and I made a fresh batch of Creamy Avocado Dressing for it. So I must go eat soon.

Congrats Chrissie!

PEGGY - sorry the pizza sucked.

You all have a great night and I hope we all see a loss tomorrow!
  #186   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-16, 18:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Congrats Paulette and Chrissie on the losses this morning.

I was up another 1.5 this morning for a 4.5 gain since Saturday CN. This is my M.O. a lot of weeks, hopefully I will at least stay the same tomorrow.

I am not complaining in the least, I know that this is how my body works, and I will get it right back off.

Have a great night all.
  #187   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-16, 06:40

Talking good morning!!

LADIES......thank you!

PEGGY......i actually like to log my foods. i don't find it stressful, i find it helps me stay on track better, and when i gain i can go back & look to see what the why possibilities were
that must suck, having medical issues & having to be on meds that constantly hinder your weight-loss journey. you are right......what choice do you have but to keep on keepin' on

PAULETTE.........congrats on the 1 lb loss!
thank you.....your hoping worked for me

ROX......you totally have the right mental attitude for your gains......"this is my body, and this is how it rolls"

i had a nice 1.9 lb loss this morning!
AND.......i just realized that in the last 7 days, i have lost 5.8 lbs!!

have a great day ladies!!!

Last edited by ChrissieL : Tue, Aug-09-16 at 07:13.
  #188   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-16, 13:40

BF:

Hi everyone!

I am down .8 today. It is day 3 after CN. I fully expect to be back to square tomorrow. I better.

I bought a couple T-bone steaks today, so I am looking forward to a steak tonight. I tried to get the smallest ones. Most are about 1 lb! I found 2 that were .75 lbs. I am going to take out the bone and weigh mine after cooking to see how much I actually get from it.

My calories will be a bit higher today because of the steak. I do like to count the calories, too, like Chrissie, because they help me to stay in control. And I also like to keep my carbs around 10 or less, like Peggy. I have been doing it for so long that it is always around the correct numbers, but I continue on because it gives me a sense of control. I like that.

I hope you are all doing well today. May we all see the whooshing tomorrow!!!!!
  #189   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-16, 14:59
Patience Personified

WTG Paulette! Mmm, your steak sounds good. I'm doing some sort of chicken tonight. Maybe butter seared in a butter/parsley/garlic/lemon sauce.
  #190   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-16, 16:35

BF:

The 3/4 lb raw T-bone steak actually yielded only 6.75 oz of meat after grilling. Only a little bit was fat. Mostly meat. And it was delicious! I would have thought there would be more, but that bone was heavy, I guess.
  #191   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-16, 18:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Wowzers Chrissie you are rocking and rolling this week. Great losses!

Paulette, nice drop for you again this morning too. Hope you are back to square in the morning.

I was down 2.0 this morning, so 2.5 to go..........I can do it!
People are taking second looks at me more these days at work. Today, I was told that I am looking so skinny, (far from it) and one of the gals I work with had surgery and was gone about a month, she saw me and said, "wow, you look great"! "May I ask how much you have lost?" Makes a gal feel good. Loving the NSV even if the scale has not moved as much as I would like lately.

Have a great night all.
Rox
  #192   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-16, 18:30

Red face g'nite!

PAULETTE......congrats on the -0.8
glad you enjoyed your t-bone

ROX.......thank you!
excellent on your 2 lbs lost!
and what a wonderful NSV

sweet dreams everyone! Zzzzzzzzz
  #193   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-16, 06:55
Patience Personified

Rox, that does make you feel good when people start noticing. I've only lost 13# but I'm starting to see it in the mirror when I walk by.

I'm at 186.4 today (for the 6th time now) so down .6#. Man, what a tug of war I fight.

Last edited by Buttoni : Wed, Aug-10-16 at 08:51.
  #194   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-16, 07:09

Default good morning all!!

PEGGY......you're glass is half full, not half empty........you have lost 13 lbs!!
i just looked up my stats, and i am 25 lbs lighter than i was a year ago . we ALL know that it is soooooo easy to be 25 lbs heavier than you were a year ago....been there done that....many MANY times
heck...i gained back 20 lbs over summer vacation last year! (there was a lot of road trips involved)
so be positive, upbeat, and determined. i know your circumstances are hard, but you can do this.....you know you can
and i'm so glad to hear you are starting to notice it in the mirror

i pray everyone has a wonderful wednesday
  #195   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-16, 08:49
Patience Personified

Thanks Chrissie. I appreciate your support. It does feel nice to finally see a little loss in the mirror finally.

I KNOW I have the fortitude to do this. I have the patience of Jobe and a "stick-to-it" personality. How else could I have done this for 7 long years? Not a quitter. But sometimes motivation and drive still isn't enough if the enemy is formidable enough. Dr. Atkins well understood this medication's metabolic action was a formidable foe for those on his plan.

I'm practically zero carb right now. Therefore, if I don't eat a decent amount of meat with fat (at least 4-5 oz. at lunch and dinner) it leaves me gnawingly hungry between meals. I don't want to allow myself to get into an anorexic mindset about food, but some days, I feel like not eating at all is the only thing I can do at this point to achieve success. And sometimes I don't even think I'd lose then, if still on this BP med.