Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-02, 16:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 7 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Talking So happy to be here!!

Hi there!

I am new to this site & to this forum. I was diagnosed with PCOS in December 1998, lost 36 pounds, found out I was pregnant in November 1999, and have our Clomid Superstar Baby In August 2000. I am pumped up about losing weight again before trying to conceive another child with my husband. I will not conceive without the help of Clomid, but I am hoping that I do not need more meds than that, but as we all know each conception & pregnancy is so different.

I am so happy to be here! I was searching "low carb" and this site came up and I defintely got more than I bargained for! Happy, happy, happy! It's great to be here!!!

Christy
mommy2boys
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 13:49
Registered Member

BF:

Is there anyone out there like me who are still around these forums? I would love to compare notes and get to know you!

Christy
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 12:43

Stats: 207/174/145 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 53%

High I too have pcos. We was TTC tell I started LC. I had just finished my last round of clomid a few weeks before starting LC.I originaly started Lc to Concieve but after a few weeks loosing WEIGHT I decided after a year of TTC I was giving up tell I lost all this weight When I get to 145 We will start TTC again.Right now were not trying or not stopping nature from taking its course whatever happens we will be happy actually for the first time in over a year im free from the stress of TTC & am looking forward to loosing weight right now.We have 4 DD 3 mine & 1 DH BUT WE have none together we would like a boy since we have all girls.But if I loose all this weight & it doesnt happen I'll be fine two months ago I couldnt say that I was at the end of my rope with TTC....Have you ever posted at TCOYF.COM??? I used to post there & chart there but Im not posting right now Im still charting my cycles to see if LC helps I havnt been temping thow. So far Ive been LC 35 days & have lost 15 pnds & I just had AF leave 10 days ago & shes back today I never get her on my own so I no LC is doing somthing thow I dont think Im O ing yet..Hope to hear from you again we need to get the pcos forum alive!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 21:27
Registered Member

BF:

Wow! It's so great to hear from you!!! I too want to lose weight & LC before trying to conceive #3!! My husband & I decided to put off our plans for another baby until my weight is down. I think that is a good decision!

Do you get AF on your own? Or do you use BCP? I have annovulation, so I have to either be on BCP or start progesterone, then Clomid for my AF to come. My husband & I are waiting on a combination of 3 things. First, I want to lose some weight. Second, we have a few vacations planned & we don't want to worry too much about being pregnant. Third, I'm waiting for my RE to get relocated closer to me. I really want to go to him for my appointments & monitoring b/c he was sooo good with helping monitor me in my first Clomid pregnancy.

I have secondary IF along with PCOS. Our first-born son was a big surprise. I conceived him without any use of fertility meds, so when we tried to get pregnant again & couldn't, it was then that I was diagnosed with PCOS & started taking Clomid. I went up to 150 mg of Clomid before I got pregnant! I got pregnant on the second cycle of that dosage. I was in denial for a long time that I was pregnant & always had that fear of losing the baby, but I carried him full-term. Actually he was born on his due date!!!! What a good little boy!! haha!

We have two boys, Wesley (8) and Jonah (18mo). You have had all girls and I have had all boys!!! We would make quite a team together!! LOL !! I would love to stay in touch with you, especailly since you are LC'ing too. I haven't been as strict as I should be. The Induction Phase of the Atkins, I haven't completed yet. It's sooo hard when I have other mouths to feed and to prepare food for... and then, I can't touch any of what I prepare during the Induction Phase.

Are you on the Atkins Diet?

Also, I didn't know there was a site called tcoyf.com. I have that book, now I will have to go see the website. Thanks for posting it! I'm excited about this!

Hope to hear from you again,
Christy
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 22:29

Stats: 292/271/160
BF:
Progress: 16%

Want to wish you two the best ... I'm PCOS ... was diagnosed 14 years ago (my dd is 12 now). She is a pergonal/metrodyn baby. Tried clomid back then (15+ years ago now) and it had no effect whatsoever. Well, that's not true ... it made me sick ... and SO irritable, moody, depressed, etc.

There is so much more information these days about PCOS. Are either of you on metformin? I was for a short time last year before I started Atkins. My doctor said I should do one or the other.

Since my dd was born, I've been on BCPs ... that's the only way to keep me stable emotionally and regular with my periods.

I had a difficult pregnancy ... nearly lost her a few times due to premature labor and incompetent cervix. The doctors reassured me at the time that I would be able to have another child, but the emotional rollercoaster was too much for me. And, I have to admit, once I had the "perfect" daughter I didn't have the same compulsion to try again.

I sometimes regret that she doesn't have a sister or brother ... mostly, though, I'm just glad we have her.

I've been LCing since the end of July 2001. I've lost about 50 pounds. I have a long way to go still, but I feel so much better!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 23:05

Stats: 207/174/145 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 53%

I don't get AF on my own usually I take 5 BCP in one day & seven days latter I start I used to get provera to start but it took longer to work Im low on estrogen so guess the Pill helps but I dont take it unless I need it to start my AF & I wait tell after day 71 of my long cycles.. All my girls were concieved natural no help except I had just lost weight with all of them.Thats really why I started Atkins but after I made it through induction I decided this had too be a new way of life for me.I was gestational diabetic with all my girls insulin depndant 4xs a day my last obgyn told me within 5 yrs Id have full blown diabetes.Well its been 5 1/2 yrs & its not full blown though it was starting to rise to 196 an hr after Id eat so I think If I hadnt started atkins it was just a matter of time.I love this WOE....I feel great!!! except for the sweet craving I get during af & bloating thats my hardest time but I just make a low carb desert & it helps. I was on the diet two weeks when I started AF on my very own I had spotting 9 days then AF 5 days Now here I am 10 days latter & af IS HERE FULL FORCE AGAIN...Some would be bothered by this but not me after going 4 moonths without af & halfting to use pills to even get it im thankful for af that just means my hormones are going back to normal Im still Anov Im sure since my last cycle was only 18 days..But I no it'll be normal again after I loose weight normal for me is every 35-40 days..The weights coming off slower then some but guess 15 pnds in a month is great too..My goal is to shoot for at least 8 pnds a month. I just started exersising too.

You no As much as I want a Boy at this point It would be better if I can just looose weight first..Then if I get pregnant I plan on staying on lifetime maintance..I'll just add a fruit a day or somthing. oh yeah my first one was a suprise too I was only 16 shes now 11 yrs old my others are 8,8,5 one of the 8 yr olds isnt mine its dh's from previuos marrage.Im thinking it might be nice to wait tell my oldest is old enough to babyset for me TCOYF.com is a great site very helpful forums...they also have a software program you can download or order the cd rom. I have it & love it..

Baily Im not on meteforman as I havnt been offically DX yet by an RE just my DR which doesnt no much about it my LH: FSH RATIO WAS OFF & since I have a history of diabetes & cysts its only obvious.. I was supposed to Go to a RE but decided to loose weight first.I rather not take the meteforman I think This WOE is doing the job for me..Are DD are almost the same age my oldest is 11.. Good for you on the 50 pnd loss...Hope to see ya around again

Mom2boys The only way I was able to do it was to put dh on it like it or not now he likes it though he doesnt like not having sandwiches for lunch. My girls are all in school & eat breakfast & lunch at school & I keep a few carbs around here for them but they eat a low carb dinner too.& they like it better then all the pasta & potatoes I used to cook.Believe it or not there real candy & real suger & even pasta still in my cabinets they dont tempt me no more you'll see the longer on the WOE you'll have less cravings.I just had to tell myself to you wanna be fat forever do you wanna be diabetic giving shots again NO NO NO way Suger is not worth it I used to cry wHEN iD GIVE MYSELF MY SHOTS IT MADE ME FEEL LIKE A JUNKY.wELL i GOTTA get the kiddos to bed...TALK at YA LATTER ya ever wanna find me see my journal..In the M's