Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#151   ^
Old Tue, Aug-02-16, 10:43

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Good Morning all!

I have been so tied up the past couple days. My weight has remained stable and probably will be for another day or so. I usually see a drop by day 4. # if lucky.

Today will be sunny and beautious, and I want to get in my pool, but I have so many errands to run! I hope to get in some sun today. And my poor flowers have been neglected the past couple days!

I won a check from Publisher's Clearinghouse again!!!!! I won $10 last summer, and I won another $10 yesterday!!!!!!!! Can you believe that? I wish it was the big $5000/week forever prize, but heck, I will take a free $10 any day!!!! I am a 2-time PCH winner!!!!!

I hope you all have a great day!
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Tue, Aug-02-16, 10:47

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budy
Well I didn't gain any weight after CN, a miracle. And on day two was down over a pound. I'm now a pound under where I started in April after my menopause induced 20lb gain. I had a 2 day period this weekend which is probably related. I hope it keeps going because this is such a livable plan. I was out of carbs I wanted to eat by the end of Friday night. I really think I could do this all the time which is great. I may not be in Jimmy Moore style permanent ketosis but I can live this way and that's what matters.

I think I mentioned this but I also do intermittent fasting most days. I skip breakfast, I'm just not hungry and appreciate being able to eat more later.

Britt

That is amazing! A no-gainer!
I always skip breakfast, but I do have coffee in the am, so I figure that counts as breakfast. Cream is food.
I agree with you on the lifestyle. This plan is rewarding in that way. Good for the soul.
  #153   ^
Old Tue, Aug-02-16, 10:53

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttoni
Grrr. Weighed 188 today, so although my diuretic dropped nearly 3# water for me, I've put 2# water right back on eating turkey. Roasted a turkey yesterday for dinner and it was injected with a 2% sodium and sugar-laden broth. Lance did the grocery shopping on this occasion and never reads lables. Grrrr. Riverside brand just lost me as a customer for life. Butterball uses an 8% solution!! but at least theirs has no sugar in it. Grrrr. I'm convinced the food industry (Cargill in this case) is trying to keep us all fat and/or dead. Grrrrrr.

So once again, Sodium 1; Peggy 0

I've been playing this game for 7 years now and it is really getting tiresome.

Sorry to hear of the sodium bounce Peggy, but it is only water. A couple days of normal sodium will ♫♫Wash that man right outta your hair♫♫.

I have to always make sure I get ENOUGH sodium!!!!! I also have to take diuretics daily, and my labs always show low sodium, so my doctor tells me to be sure to eat my salt. I was showing low potassium, too, but she now has me on a potassium-sparing diuretic, and I no longer have that problem, but the sodium levels are always borderline...
  #154   ^
Old Tue, Aug-02-16, 11:20

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 222.2/169.4/155.0 Female 65
BF:32.4
Progress: 79%
Smile hello dollies!!

PAULETTE......congrats on the stability AND 2x PCH winning!!
i have won nothing from them despite the hundreds of entries

PEGGY......sorry for your turkey bounce
  #155   ^
Old Tue, Aug-02-16, 17:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Hello Ladies.

Congrats Paulette on being a 2 x winner. I love to win even if it is a little prize, I get a kick out of winning.

Chrissie, don't beat yourself up on derailing for a day. You got it out of your system and you are right back on. You got this!!

It will be off in couple days Peggy. Stick with you unprocessed real meats and throw in some veggies here and there and you will be right back down again.

3.5 gain from CN for me on from CN on Saturday. I have lost 2 and have 1.5 more to go. Hoping for a good loss in the morning so that I can have 2-3 days to get a good loss for the week.

Chicken is in the oven baking at 425. Pork loin will go in as soon as it is done. I am using my favorite BBQ rub on both. I cut the salt back to 3 TBS instead of 4. Delish!!

http://blog.paleoonthego.com/homema...free-bbq-rub-2/

Have a great night all.
Rox
  #156   ^
Old Wed, Aug-03-16, 07:40

Smile good morning!!

i am down 3.3 lbs this morning
a great start, but i have a ways to go back to my all-time low (148.8)
i CAN and WILL do it

ROX......thank you....i DO have this!!
congrats on that 2 lbs loss! good luck with the weigh-in this morning.....i truly hope you get your wish

HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL!!
  #157   ^
Old Wed, Aug-03-16, 09:18
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

I just can't believe you folks are dropping 2 and 3+ pounds in a day on this. But I'm happy for anyone that does.

Rox, when you say you don't eat processed meat..........I don't either. I thought whole turkeys were just whole turkeys. But they are now being injected........all of them. Are you saying you never eat whole turkey at Thanksgiving or holidays? or other times? Because they are ALL processed (at least now) with injected sodium-broth........all of them.......unless you shoot a wild turkey yourself. Does anyone here know or a brand that is NOT injected with that crap? Would love anyone's input, as I do like turkey occasionally.
  #158   ^
Old Wed, Aug-03-16, 10:09

Plan: Carb Nite
Stats: 256/175/125 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:
Default Hmmm

So not sure what's happening this week. Didn't gain much after carb nite but have gained a pound a day over the last two. Must be water and constipation since I'm between 1,000 and 1,400 calories and have my macros in line. Constipation has never been a problem for me before so adding some sugar free metamucil to my day.

Doctor appointment went well. My test results are terrific and I'm healthier than my exercise crazy sugar eating spouse. However, she won't treat me for peri menopause unless I have some symptoms to address which I don't. Ahhh well, it was worth looking into. Wish there was a reason for this weight gain and difficulty losing that I could just fix. Ahh well, at least I enjoy this way of eating and that'll have to do it for now.

I had been excited this week with a lower weight, seems crazy I can't break into the 160s. Guess I just keep going and hoping for a whoosh.
  #159   ^
Old Wed, Aug-03-16, 13:29

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttoni
I just can't believe you folks are dropping 2 and 3+ pounds in a day on this. But I'm happy for anyone that does.

It is just water wooshes. Easy come easy go with CNS. The actual fat loss is much slower.
  #160   ^
Old Wed, Aug-03-16, 13:37

BF:

Once again I am stable. I sure hope tomorrow lets me see one of those whooshes!

I have been out trying to enjoy the sunshine today. Getting some weeds pulled, soaking in my pool. I almost forgot to take my pills and had to run in and take them, so I thought I might as well catch up here.

CHRISSIE - congrats on your big ol' whoosh!!! I hope you can see another tomorrow!

I am in a slump with the losses now, and I also need to be quite strict with my LC the next few days. I need to keep the calories under control, too. I want to get to my last low before I try a CN again. It is important. I really want to see ONEderland this month if possible.

May you all have a great day!
  #161   ^
Old Thu, Aug-04-16, 06:12

Cool good morning!!

i did not weigh today......woke up WAY too early and wanted water & coffee right away

PEGGY.....i only like turkey on thanksgiving, and then really it's all about the stuffing
i suppose if you went to a turkey farm and picked out the feathered friend yourself ....you might have better luck with all-natural no hormones, no injectors, etc

BUDY......i hope you see some movement soon!
glad to hear the doc visit went well

PAULETTE.....♫ cruisin' in your mabel mobile....
how was weeds & wading yesterday?
thank you, and thanks for the whooshie wish.....we shall see what tomorrow brings
i wanna see you in wonderland almost as much as you do!!!

have a great day all
  #162   ^
Old Thu, Aug-04-16, 06:38
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

Stasis for me today. Weighed precisely what I did yesterday 186.6. Ate a slice of that cold turkey late last night and didn't gain, so that's at least SOMETHING of note.
  #163   ^
Old Thu, Aug-04-16, 09:58

BF:

Good Morning all! I am down only 1 lb this morning. Not the whoosh I wanted, but I shall take it.

I just found out that we are going to have our aunnual corn roast this weekend. We have a ton of corn that is ripe and ready to be picked! I was hoping it would wait another week, but nature does not wait for our convenience.

We know a bar owner who is willing to let the party be held on their deck. It is a great place, overlooking the water, so it will be a great party! The weather forecast says it will be in the 70's and sunny, so the day could not be more perfect.

It will be on Saturday and I guess that will be a CN for me. I wanted to wait a few more days for a CN, but this opportunity comes only once a year. I did not have any corn at our party last year and I felt very deprived. This year I can enjoy it!

Today will be a horrible hot humid day again and I will be in the pool a lot. The water gets so darn warm by mid-day, though, and it is not very refreshing. But it helps. I do not plan on weeding! It is too humid! But I will be drinking plenty of fluids today. I hope I don't puff up too much. I turn into a sponge on hot humid days!

Ed was mentioning making ribs on the grill today, but I am not sure if he still wants them....we will be grilling SOMETHING....too hot for anything else. My spinach went bad and I am not sure if any is salvageable for lunch, but I will have tuna & mayo regardless. You all have a great day!!!!
  #164   ^
Old Thu, Aug-04-16, 11:16

Lightbulb paulette....

how about that.....i just ate tuna & mayo (and sour cream)!!
AND i am having roasted corn at the state fair on saturday! . the only off-plan thing i am having.....[that along with some meat-on-a-stick]
great minds think alike!!
yay you.....1 lb down! not a whoosh, but better than i lb up!

Last edited by ChrissieL : Thu, Aug-04-16 at 11:21.
  #165   ^
Old Thu, Aug-04-16, 11:19

Lightbulb peggy.....

i have had the EXACT same stable weight for more than a week!
i believe paulette has also, if i'm not mistaken

patience grasshopper.....patience