Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 09:12

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%
Default It's The First Day Of Summer!

IT'S THE FIRST DAY OF SUMMER AND JUST WANTED TO WISH EVERYBODY IN THE TDC A GREAT SUMMER FULL OF FUN & SUN!

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~ Ralph Marston

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 12:00
Living Healthy

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 281.4/239.4/145 Female 5'4"
BF:imp/rov/ing
Progress: 31%

Thanks! I'm looking forward to a wonderful summer of weight loss. It's so great to be able to spend as much time outdoors as I can at this time of year. Lots of exercise.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 12:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by katwoman
Thanks! I'm looking forward to a wonderful summer of weight loss. It's so great to be able to spend as much time outdoors as I can at this time of year. Lots of exercise.

Yeah me too. I'm shooting for a 30 lbs lost this Summer. Of course, 20 to 25 lbs is cool too.

Looking forward to hitting up some Jazz and Reggae concerts, picnics in the park, BBQ's, swimming, and just some good ole family fun!

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~ Ralph Marston

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 15:45
No Matter What

Plan: <85 grams/day
Stats: 254.6/244.8/150 Female 64"
BF:O/M/G!
Progress: 9%

Thanks 2007!

Those activities sound awesome! Hopin' to get in some serious fishing during the summer months as well (if it doesn't get TOO hot!).

Hopin' to lose some serious poundage too!!

Sallie
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 15:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 295/188/160 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 79%

I actually tried on a bathing suit last weekend for the first time in like five years. If it had had straps I would have bought it...and wore it around other people!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-07, 15:10
TeaQueen

Plan: My own verson of Atkins
Stats: 311/294/120 Female 5' 1
BF:
Progress: 9%

thanks!!

sorry I missed your post. I have been out enjoying the summer!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-07, 15:38

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Thanks 2007! Summer is notoriously hard for me. I seem to lose much better in the Fall and Winter. We spend alot of time camping in the summer and well, food choices haven't always been that great in the past. I'm planning on making this summer one to remember. I'm enjoying wearing shorts this year and short sleeved tops without being overly worried about how I look. I don't ever want to go back to that "other" place and time when I dreaded the summer heat. I was always roasting hot because I refused to put on summer wear and kept myself all covered up from head to toe.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jun-24-07, 17:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scented1
thanks!!

sorry I missed your post. I have been out enjoying the summer!

No need to apologize Scented1. That’s what Summer’s all about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charran
Thanks 2007! Summer is notoriously hard for me. I seem to lose much better in the Fall and Winter. We spend alot of time camping in the summer and well, food choices haven't always been that great in the past. I'm planning on making this summer one to remember. I'm enjoying wearing shorts this year and short sleeved tops without being overly worried about how I look. I don't ever want to go back to that "other" place and time when I dreaded the summer heat. I was always roasting hot because I refused to put on summer wear and kept myself all covered up from head to toe.

Your welcome Charran.

Man! I haven’t been camping in years. Heck not in decades.

Myself I find it a bit difficult to eat heavy foods during the Summer. So it kind of works the opposite for me because I can’t take all that heat and have a super full belly too so I end up eating lighter and drinking a lot more fluids; mostly water and Rock Star No Carb energy drinks.

Of course, come 4th of July I will be chowing down on some serious BBQ…with some awesome LC sauce of course and a wonderful salad.

I’m still not at the point where I will wear shorts. That’s still quite a ways off for me. Perhaps next Summer, but I take solace in being able to wear my beautiful Summer Dresses and gauze skirts. Lightweight, pretty, and they keep the heat at bay and me feeling comfortable without the feeling that everybody is looking at my heavy hips and thighs or the feeling of shorts riding up between my legs.

Last edited by 2007 : Sun, Jun-24-07 at 17:37.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jun-30-07, 16:25
One Bite At A Time

Plan: South Beach Phase II
Stats: 232/183/130 Female 62 inches
BF:67/34?/20
Progress: 48%

Quote:
Myself I find it a bit difficult to eat heavy foods during the Summer. So it kind of works the opposite for me because I can’t take all that heat and have a super full belly too so I end up eating lighter and drinking a lot more fluids;
Me too Gail. dh is great with the grill and that mean more flavor without seasonings. He's been throwing in a handfull of water soaked wood chips since I've been cutting out the BBQ sauces. It adds so much flavor that you don't need the sauces IMO.

Well Gail I've seen your photo and girl you need to get into some shorts and enjoy yourself! When I was down at your weight I'd fret about the way I looked and missed out on many things. Now I wear shorts, swimsuit, etc but not because I look better (I weight quite a bit more actually), but because I feel better about just being me. You know you really are beautiful just the way that you are! If you're worried about what other people say, I hear people criticise these bone skinny actresses, so there's no pleasing some people....I say if they are critical that's because it's their nature so it's about them and not you. Enjoy the summer!!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-07, 17:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandra
He's been throwing in a handfull of water soaked wood chips since I've been cutting out the BBQ sauces. It adds so much flavor that you don't need the sauces IMO.

Well Gail I've seen your photo and girl you need to get into some shorts and enjoy yourself! You know you really are beautiful just the way that you are! If you're worried about what other people say, I hear people criticise these bone skinny actresses, so there's no pleasing some people....I say if they are critical that's because it's their nature so it's about them and not you. Enjoy the summer!!

Kandra your sooooo cool! Thanks bunches for your positive vibes.

I want to try the soaked wood chips too. That sounds great.

Girl. I ain't even tryin' to get in no shorts. I still gotta get over my OWN hangups with my heavy thighs before I expose them to the world.

Now in the privacy of my home and/or backyard...then maybe...just maybe I'll sport some shorts, but I just ain't ready for the public thing.