Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-28-11, 09:39

Plan: 8hr window "IF"
Stats: 155/128/125 Female 68.5
BF:
Progress: 90%
Default Don't want to give up my toast!

Hi,
I just wanted to say Hello and see if there are others following a similar 'diet' to me?

I am all over low-carb and paleo type blogs and podcasts - I appreciate the discussions and the science behind it all. BUT I don't want to fully commit to it.

I am at risk for diabetes due to family history, but I have already lost weight (wasn't technically 'overweight' to start but felt crappy and was on the LINE between healthy and overweight bmi - I am now quite lean after losing 25 pounds and I think I might have about 5 more to go so that my total weight loss is 30 pounds). I have a glucose monitor and am trying to increase my insulin sensitivity. I have tested my blood after my breakfast, and it doesn't go over 120 (or if it does, just barely) - I have 2 pieces of wheat toast with peanut butter (mmm, my fav!) and grape 'spread' (I have switched to a non-HFCF variety that saves a few carbs over my old brand), and I have a latte with whole milk (about 3/4 Cup). Then for the rest of the day, I eat low carb. (When I've had some cheats and tested my blood sugar, my #'s were in the 150's or even 160's once, and my FBG is over 90, sometimes just over 100, so I know I do have 'issues' that I'm trying to work on)

I also do the whole "IF" thing ... did it years ago before it was so mainstream. I find it helps me to not snack after dinner, which used to be my big weakness (haven't had ONE snack at night since January!) so if I start wanting something at night, I always just tell myself I can revisit the idea the next day when the urge hits, but by the next day, I usually don't want it anymore. So I use IF more just to provide that structure, but also I think it just helps me to feel great!

Anyway, sorry this was so long. Please don't tell me to give up my toast! It's seriously my favorite meal of the day and unless my blood sugar starts freaking out over it, I will NOT give it up! Doing low-carb the rest of the day along with exercise, keeping my weight down, and IF *should* be enough.... right?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-28-11, 10:27

Plan: LC
Stats: 157/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%

I can't comment on diabetes and toast issue but your stats look excellent.

Congratulations Java.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-28-11, 11:05

Plan: Mine, all mine
Stats: 160/120/120 Female 5'6"
BF:still got some
Progress: 100%

In a case like yours, eating to your meter is the best way to go.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-28-11, 12:58

Plan: 8hr window "IF"
Stats: 155/128/125 Female 68.5
BF:
Progress: 90%

Thanks - I did use my meter this morning and got 108 about an hour after I ate and 107 about 30 minutes or so later. Those are better readings than I was getting when I first started checking. I'm anxious to get my fasting levels into the low 80's! Then I'll feel really good about everything!

Anyone else doing one higher carb meal per day (balanced with protein) and then low carb the rest of the day? Is this similar to the CAD?