Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Mar-05-09, 22:37

Plan: Weston A. Price, GFCF
Stats: 165/133/132 Male 5' 5"
BF:?/12.7%/?
Progress: 97%

Slightly offtopic, but I think you might find this interesting. I noticed an article on Hyperlipid about endotoxin. Apparently there's a new theory about why we get overgrowth of harmful organisms after a course of antibiotics:

http://high-fat-nutrition.blogspot....-endotoxin.html
Quote:
The concept is very simple, you kill off the susceptible commensal bacteria in the gut and resistant pathogens have no competition, so they have a field day and superinfection causes severe problems for the unlucky patient.

Simple, straightforward and wrong.

It turns out that the immune system, that is the innate immune system (of course), continuously monitors the contents of the gut by looking at endotoxin production. Lots of bacteria mean lots of endotoxin and an active, on-guard innate immune system. Kill off 99% of your gut bacteria and exdotoxin production drops. The innate immune system goes on vacation and clostridium difficile gets in and wipes out your granny.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Mar-09-09, 14:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/156/135 Female 5 FT 4 inches
BF:11/24/08 start dat
Progress: 45%
Default Symptoms

For those of you with candida...can you list some of your symptoms ?
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Mar-09-09, 14:45

Plan: Weston A. Price, GFCF
Stats: 165/133/132 Male 5' 5"
BF:?/12.7%/?
Progress: 97%

My memory is a little hazy on which of my symptoms are candida symptoms, since they have a lot in common with insulin resistance and food sensitivities, but here's a list of things my wife and I have dealt with:

Stomach gas and cramps
Jock itch, athlete's foot, and itchiness everywhere
Yeast infections and UTIs
Acne, warts, and canker sores
White furry tongue
Headaches
Nausea and dizziness
"Brain fog" and fatigue - especially on humid days
Memory problems
Shoulder cramps
Metallic taste in the mouth
Carb cravings

Have you tried the spit test? There's a thread on here about it.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Mar-22-09, 14:18

Plan: quasi paleo + starch
Stats: 153/148/118 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Years ago, somewhere online, I came across a number of comments by one of the first doctors in the USA to identify and treat candidasis. I've never been able to find the webpage again, so can't provide a URL. Anyway, he said that the reason that so many people have poor results from acidophilus capsules is that the amount in a few capsules is just enough to digest a meal, and then it exists the body with that meal, it doesn't colonize the intestinal walls. He said that a full bottle was necessary.

Anyway, I've also read suggestions that you should take high dose laxitives & enemas BEFORE trying to repopulate the intestinal flora -- because by that simple action you'll remove almost all the candida in the intestines, and NOT have any die off.

When I tried a full bottle, I was simply amazed. At a certain point my intestines felt inflamed, there was severe burning.

But days after no sensations, whatsoever.

Thereafter, I was able to digest food for the first time since early childhood.

I was VERY angry --- why didn't other doctors know about this?

Every once in a while nowadays, I take a handful of acidopilus capsules, even though I probably don't need them. Just to be "safe."
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Apr-24-09, 04:38

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 110/107/105 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil' annie
Years ago, somewhere online, I came across a number of comments by one of the first doctors in the USA to identify and treat candidasis. I've never been able to find the webpage again, so can't provide a URL. Anyway, he said that the reason that so many people have poor results from acidophilus capsules is that the amount in a few capsules is just enough to digest a meal, and then it exists the body with that meal, it doesn't colonize the intestinal walls. He said that a full bottle was necessary.

Anyway, I've also read suggestions that you should take high dose laxitives & enemas BEFORE trying to repopulate the intestinal flora -- because by that simple action you'll remove almost all the candida in the intestines, and NOT have any die off.

When I tried a full bottle, I was simply amazed. At a certain point my intestines felt inflamed, there was severe burning.

But days after no sensations, whatsoever.

Thereafter, I was able to digest food for the first time since early childhood.

I was VERY angry --- why didn't other doctors know about this?

Every once in a while nowadays, I take a handful of acidopilus capsules, even though I probably don't need them. Just to be "safe."

Very interesting. Anyone else try this method?