Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#241   ^
Old Sat, Aug-01-15, 06:47

Plan: , LCHF
Stats: 259.6/222.4/130 Female 62 inches
BF:67.2/60.2/normal
Progress: 29%

Last night was roasted chicken over a bed of videlia onion ( hubby got all the onions) and homemade coleslaw
Sponsored Links
  #242   ^
Old Sun, Aug-02-15, 16:35

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

thank you nocarbcat! i love cooking, so i try to never talk about low carb with friends and family, i just cook meals they would naturally like .

2 nights ago, we had friends in town, and were prepping for a race the next day:

boyfriends and a friend took the wheel and made a garlic lemon chicken
with roasted broccoli and cauli and bell peppers in EVOO and garlic and seasalt
salad- heirloom tomatoes, bell peppers, greens and purple cabbage, cucumber- plus balsamic- it was a hole rainbow- nice presentation fellas
a large vodka with sf lemonade (jitters get me every race!)

the night after was post race celebration in a a very "working class" fishing town, full of charm, kind of nostalgic. we went to an AMAZING crab place:

i started with french onion soup and melted provolone
split side salad with the fella- bluecheese on my half
then we split a seafood sampler- a crabcake (almost no filler), scallops, steamed shrimp, and some type of white fish (all were AMAZING other then the fish which was a little dry)
i also had 2 crab balls, which do have breading, but it was a very special treat after a grueling 8 hours in 93 degree heat.
we toasted our victory- 2 vodka sodas for me, and i fell asleep on ride home in backseat

tonight we have so many leftovers from all our guests this weekend- so a mix of the garlic lemon chicken, rainbow salad, maybe some cheddar broccoli quiche......
  #243   ^
Old Sun, Aug-02-15, 16:53

Had my fasting day so first meal today. Chicken salad, small serving of coleslaw, 1 fatbomb
  #244   ^
Old Tue, Aug-04-15, 09:47

Plan: VLC/Carnivore
Stats: 369/301/299 Female 5'9"
BF:too much.
Progress: 97%

Got a nice eye of round roast planned for tonight with some pureed cauliflower, roasted onions & mushrooms for the sides. A nice au jus I hope too
  #245   ^
Old Tue, Aug-04-15, 13:11

BF:

wow- lots of things are catching my idea today- chicken salad and coleslaw, mashed cauli with mushrooms and gravy......yum!

just the last of the leftover lemon garlic chicken with spinach here, plus a green salad with tomato, carrot, yellow bell pepper and cucumber, apple cider vinaigrette.
  #246   ^
Old Tue, Aug-04-15, 13:50

We will go to outback tonight. I will have a house salad with ranch dressing on the side ( will have only half of the dressing), 6 oz steak and broccoli.
  #247   ^
Old Tue, Aug-04-15, 13:52

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/150/120 Female 5 3"
BF:
Progress:

There is a place called Memphis Pizza near where we live. They have learned how to make me a pizza!! No crust and sauce on the side.... They put it in a real pizza pan.... Going tonight. Also, if any of you have a CiCi's pizza around. They will do the same for you!! Yay!!
  #248   ^
Old Wed, Aug-05-15, 10:19

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 332/282/250 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkelley36
There is a place called Memphis Pizza near where we live. They have learned how to make me a pizza!! No crust and sauce on the side.... They put it in a real pizza pan.... Going tonight. Also, if any of you have a CiCi's pizza around. They will do the same for you!! Yay!!

Oh... this sounds awesome! We live in Nashville, and make the trip to Memphis every now and then to visit a family friend. I know where I want to stop next time...

There is a little restaurant called The Chop House pretty close to us. I think I'm going to hit the husband up for a date night this evening. I haven't even had lunch, but I've got my dinner planned: blackened tilapia, spinach, and a side salad with ranch.
  #249   ^
Old Wed, Aug-05-15, 12:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 300/284/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

hot Italian sausage on the grill like a hamburger
smothered in slow sauteed green peppers
  #250   ^
Old Wed, Aug-05-15, 14:01
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

^Sausage and peppers is one of my favorite meals. I often fancy it up with onions or mushrooms if I have those on hand, but it's just fine as-is. I love how it works with basically any kind of sausage: Italian, breakfast, or smoked. I just made it the other night and was going to post a pic:

The next day, I made a fantastic little LC pizza. I'll post the crust recipe sometime soon. I can NOT for the life of me find the original recipe now. It was on someone's primal blog. It's basically eggs, flax and coconut flour.

#251   ^
Old Wed, Aug-05-15, 14:28

^^^YUMMMMMMM

Tonite I'm having chicken bacon bombs (hunks of chicken wrapped in a slice of bacon with a pickled jalapeno slice, then skewered and bbq'd), and garden salad.
  #252   ^
Old Wed, Aug-05-15, 14:47

Tonight we too will have sausage and peppers,
Bought hot itatial sausages at the farmers market, in the crock pot ,with red and orange bell peppers , onions, garlic, marinara sauce and wine, some hot sauce to taste and cooked on slow for 8 hours. Served with pasta plus for me and regular spaghetti for hubby. So good
  #253   ^
Old Wed, Aug-05-15, 18:46

BF:

ms mum- bacon wrapped chicken is always a hit here, too, especially with sf BBQ sauce!

we had roasted green beans as a bed, with goat cheese on top, and then a sunny side up egg on top, with sea salt and red pepper.
served with pork chop and green salad for the fella.
  #254   ^
Old Thu, Aug-06-15, 09:58

BF:

super early bird dinner, because boyfriend has running event tonight so i am having :

lettuce wrapped veggy burger (YUM! recovering veg here, but veggy burgers are so processed i only buy them once in a blue moon) with sf catsup, dill pickle on side

then once he comes back, i will probably have cinnamon pumpkin seeds and coconut milk icecream.
  #255   ^
Old Thu, Aug-06-15, 12:21

Sounds yummy Robin though I'm not a huge fan of veggy burgers LOL. I'm having ribs and fire coleslaw for me tonite