Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 13:31

Plan: atkins (testing hf/mp)
Stats: 157/143.2/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:why i oughta...
Progress: 69%
Default Stuck, Stuck, Stuck...Phooey!

I was so excited to lose 7 pounds on induction (2 weeks). Since then (over a month) I've only lost 1 pound. In fact, I keep fluctuating between 139.8 and 142.3. I just can't seem to nudge the scale. I've tried drinking more water, upping my activity, etc. to no avail. The only foods I've added to induction list are strawberries (never more than 1/2 cup), sunflower seeds, and the occasional BITE of SF bar. My clothes actually feel tighter than they did a few weeks ago.

I guess this could be that I only have about 10 pounds to go, but I sure would like to break through this barrier! The days I weigh the least are when I've not eaten anything after 7, but I go right back up again the next day (temporary loss).

Here's an average day:

Breakfast: 1 lg egg scrambled with spinach/zucchini/bok choy & 2 slices of bacon OR two sausage links (no skin) and 2 strawberries.

Lunch: Leafy Green Salad with tuna or ham and 2 strawberries.

Mid-Afternoon; Defaf iced coffee with half-n-half.

Dinner: roasted chicken, asparagus

Snack: bite of SF choc bar, pepperoni slices with melted mozzarella cheese

Only beverage is water other than the defac iced coffee, which I had on induction and lost weight anyway.

Anybody?

Ellie

Journaling Tools for your Personal Journey
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 13:42
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

With the little bit of weight you have to lose you are doing great!

This is not a fast weightloss diet this is a healthy way to eat everyday whenever you are hungry and to be satisfied while SLOWLY get to your goal weight.

The slowly teaches you to eat right and patience so this time you keep it off. You will not lose weight everyday. Your body will get into natural stalls where it needs to catch up with the weight it has lost. It is good to take measurements now because usually in a stall (4 weeks of no weightloss) you usually are still losing inches.

Realistic weightloss expectations are 10% of your goal of weight to lose is usually lost during induction then 5% of the remaining weight to lose approx every month.

Consider exercise to change your body the most.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 13:57

Stats: 170/132/122 Female 62
BF:23%
Progress: 79%

How much water are you drinking, you need at least 64 ounces a day, if not more. What is your total calories. Sugar free chocolate I've heard can cause a stall.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 14:31

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 179/134/135
BF:
Progress: 102%

The 1st thing I'd do is drop the sugar free chocolate & see if that breaks your stall. The sugar alcohols in them stall many people; you may be sensitive to them too. Secondly you're right the last 10lbs seem to take forever! Just try your best to be patient & stick with it. They will come off just excrutiatingly slowly (at least for me). Good luck & congrats on your loss so far!
God Bless,
Amy-Lynne
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 15:26

Stats: 205/189/170
BF:
Progress: 46%

I was on a little stall then I started running a couple miles every other day and it broke right through
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 16:04
Registered Member

Stats: 280/255/135
BF:
Progress: 17%

==============================================
Breakfast: 1 lg egg scrambled with spinach/zucchini/bok choy & 2 slices of bacon OR two sausage links (no skin) and 2 strawberries.

Lunch: Leafy Green Salad with tuna or ham and 2 strawberries.

Mid-Afternoon; Defaf iced coffee with half-n-half.

Dinner: roasted chicken, asparagus

Snack: bite of SF choc bar, pepperoni slices with melted mozzarella cheese
==============================================
I know how frustrating it can be. I am stalled right now myself. Have you considered that maybe you are not eating enough rather than too much? You said that you have increased your physical activity. If it was a substantial increase with out a corresponding increase in calories, however slight, your body may have entered starvation mode and is actively fighting any further loss. From the look of it you aren't getting that many calories to begin with and that may be part of the problem. I know it sounds counter-intuitive but, my sister ran headlong into that problem and when she added some calories it helped get her started again. Anyway, just a thought.

Rae
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 17:53

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

Hmmmmm. I would also wonder if you're truly drinking 'enough' since you're consuming processed meats (and cheese) that are usually very high in sodium. Are the meats nitrate/nitrite free? Besides being plain old bad for you they tend to cause you to retain fluid (along with the sodium, of course) and some say cause stalls. I think you know that already, though...

Also, I agree with the other poster in that your calories may not be high enough. Can't really tell by some of your listed portions, may be just fine. Are you keeping track in fitday.com? I've found that shaking things up and eating brekkie as my largest meal, and evening meal as my smallest helps (or just varying calories from lower somedays to significantly more).

Otherwise, don't know. These last however many are truly difficult for al lof us, it seems.

Hang in there is all I know to say.
Hugs,
JInx
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 19:42

Plan: Lo-carb/calorie counting
Stats: 148/125/125 Female 64 in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Poetree, I have to reiterate the advice to just hang tough! We have similar weight goals. I too lost 7 in the first two weeks and then stalled. I stuck at 137 for about a month and then started downward again. Stalled again at 134, but I'm moving again. Looking at your typical day, I would say I am probably eating more than you are, so the advice to up the calories somewhat may be a good idea. What do you do for exercise?
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 00:53

Plan: atkins (testing hf/mp)
Stats: 157/143.2/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:why i oughta...
Progress: 69%

i somehow lost some of my subscribed threads in the changeover and missed several of your replies. Thanks for the encouragement. Noraq I play racquetball once a week, walk the dog e/o day, ride my bike to the store when i can, and give at least one massage a day. I know it's not a lot but I hate the gym. I wish I had a walking buddy in the neighborhood.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 05:50

Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

Where's the fat? I'm not seeing a lot in what you posted and am also wondering how the calories add up because to me, that doesn't look like much.

I agree with everyone about being so close to goal, but seems to me like there should be a way to lose at least a pound or two a month even so close to goal.

Good luck!!!!

L
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 06:01

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 193/167/150 Female 5'10?
BF:
Progress: 60%

I think I might have broke my stall , I was stuck btw 181 and 183 from the last day of induction until 2 days ago. the last 2 days I am at 179 .I am in the 7 th week. I went for 5 weeks no weight loss and no change in measurements since 6/20
The only thing I did different is the last few days no shakes or coffee.
You never know though with my luck I will be back to 181 then 183 again.

Last edited by cincin11 : Thu, Jul-03-03 at 06:03.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 15:21
Registered Member

Stats: 280/255/135
BF:
Progress: 17%

Congrats. I am stalled out too right now, but I went to try on clothes and the idea of being able to buy a size smaller next time has really helped.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 21:26

Plan: Lo-carb/calorie counting
Stats: 148/125/125 Female 64 in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Ellie, I don't have anything constructive to add, but within all the advice given here, there must be a solution for you. It doesn't seem right that what you are doing isn't working.