Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 12:56

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 297/270/198 Male 180 cm
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default Could anyone mention real results with CAD/CALP?

I'm currently doing Atkins, though I just read CAD and the new book (the 7 day return to CALP). I was very interested in following this diet. Though I haven't read much about real results with this diet. Could any of you mention what kind of results have you obtained so I can compare them to what I have accomplished with Atkins and then make a decision about a possible change of diet plans.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 13:00

Plan: CAD
Stats: 250/245/200 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Well, the only results I can tell you are that... I started CAD on Oct 22/04 and by Jan 5/05 I have lost 25 lbs. I feel GREAT and after having been obese all of my life I finally found a way of life that I can stick to.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 13:17

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default No tangible weight loss, just better attitude

The 60-minutes for dinner rule has changed my life. I used to have dinners that went on forever until I learned about the 60-minute rule. Now I can stop. I've since added the No Snacks component from the Leptin people and that's helping. Next step is portion size and I got slack about that and exercise over the holidays.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 14:11

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

I have lost 20 lbs on CAD. That's not tangible? To me it is ; I went from a size 16 to a size 12 That's tangible enough for me

CAD is not for everyone but it is for me. I average about .75 lbs per week, some weeks there's no loss, then others I lose 2 lbs. It averages alittle less than a pound per week. And I feel great! I have been doing only CAD and I have lost 20 lbs
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 17:04
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Another CALPer here. I have lost 55lbs, gone from a size 16 to a 6-8, and my BMI is now 20. I am on this for life, so it is irrelevant to me how much I lose or how fast.
Love it!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 18:55

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 185/184/150 Female 5ft4in
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default Enomarb-can you help me?

Enomarb; you're my hero; you started basically where I did (I was 175)..and I'm currently at 165 +/- and STRUGGLING. I REALLY want to be as successful as you. Can you PLEASE let me see some of your daily examples of menus for the meals, as well as indications of portion sizes. I'm following it, but something isnt' right..and I'm not really losing. Thanks in advance!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jan-07-05, 06:50
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi Way-
First, there are some things you need to know about me. I had not been on a "diet" for almost 20 years, never done any low-carb, and I exercise daily (walking and weights 2xwk) for years. There is (or was) a website called low carb luxury that talked about the "golden shot", the first time you do low-carb you get the best results. That said...
1. Breakfast always the same: 2 eggs/2 slices turkey bacon.Coffee, black.
2. CM lunch: chicken caesar salad, or quarter pound burger, or chicken breast, or one chicken sausage, or piece of salmon, or can or tuna, or can of sardines; all with vegie. The vegie is either a salad or leftovers from dinner or a cuke.Water.
3. RM: BALANCED with a large salad to start (I do CALP) with lots of stuff in it and homemade dressing (half olive oil and half vinegar or lemon juice and lots of crushed garlic and pepper). When I was losing weight I had a sweet for RM carb only 1-2xwk, and the rest of the time I had a complex carb like a RM vegie, grain , fruit or WW bread. Lots of vegies like cabbage, brussel sprouts, spinach, asparagas, green beens, mushrooms- even when my DH said it was too much.
4. Planning/buying: I make sure I always have lots of clean CM protein in the house, and lots of vegies. I try to make extra of both for my RM (which is mostly pm) so that I have leftovers for CM lunch. I take my lunch to work, as it is better and cheaper.
I also think eating out- at any kind of place- didn't feel as good as my own food. I have pretty much stopped fast food- it just tastes off to me now.Drink water and cut out AS.
5. No RM food outside of RM. Mindset that this is the way my body needs to eat to correct insulin resistance, so that is that.
6. Read and reread the books. Use this website for help and support and just to talk to other people who know what they are talking about.Ask for what I need/want when I do go out to eat, or to a party, or on vacation (still learning this one):if I ask I might get it!
7. Must exercise too- really!

Hope this helps. There are lots of terrific people on the site with journals and food logs and stuff like that. I am pretty boring, and don't do logs or journals. Read the older posts and go to journals of regular and successful CAD/CALPers. I don't define success just by weight loss, but by working the program.
Good luck!
E

Last edited by Enomarb : Fri, Jan-07-05 at 11:15. Reason: spelling
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-07-05, 07:44

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Wow,

Great post Eno..and a wonderful primer on working the CAD program really purely.

Tangible results for me...100+ pounds lost and kept off for over a year. Gone from a size 28 to an 18. Fit in all sorts of places that used to be off limits to me.

Less 'tangible' results...freedom from the nagging, life-ruling, constant desire/need to eat eat eat all the time. If I wasn't actually eating..it was on my mind, planning, wanting, lusting-after. What a gift to be free of that!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-05, 10:29

Plan: CALP
Stats: 260/208.5/150 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default Tangible results...

I lost 70 pounds doing CALP from 2002-2004. Early in 2004 I "quit" and started thinking, "I'm normal now, I can eat the way others eat and lose more weight".

I ate my way up 30 pounds of denial. On January first of this year, not even consciously as a new year's resolution, I decided enough was enough, and bit the bullet and started.

These 14 days are a very refreshing reminder of what kept me on CALP for so long!
I've lost a few pounds, yes, but even more importantly, food no longer rules me! I just feel... well, completely benign! (My weight on my meter should be 30 pounds less - whimper, but it'll come)

Getting control of how and when insulin release happens in your body is the KEY element.

I try to finish my CMs and RMs within 45 minutes. For my one coffee that I have in the morning (with the allotted cream allowance) I time the first sip and make sure it's either finished within the 15 mins, or the rest is dumped in the sink.

I've learned that I truly do not like the way my body feels when my insulin is always coming in to deal with what I've eaten. This is my priority.

Hope this helps somewhat.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-05, 10:35

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
I've learned that I truly do not like the way my body feels when my insulin is always coming in to deal with what I've eaten

I feel the same way. Infact my Mom says that I seem like I am in a better mood while I am eating this way. I feel so much better about myself when my insulin is in check