Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 09:44
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 188/188/150
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default what do you all usually eat for lunch

I have a problem when i have to go out for lunch because it feels like no atkins friendly food places are around? What do you all usually get when you go out to lunch
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 09:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/140/140 Female 5' 4.5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

We have a grocery store near by, so sometimes I will get a roasted chicken breast from the deli or make a salad w/turkey on it at their salad bar. I have also gone to fast food and eaten a burger without the bun. That is 0 carbs. I believe the tuna salad at Subway is OK also (just without the bun), I don't think it's made with sugar, but you should ask to make sure.

Robin
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 09:48

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Thumbs up

I eat a Large Salad - - various. Could be a WENDYS or other fast food Grilled CHicken Caesar Salad or my own salad which includes meats, cheese, raw veggies and usually either Caesar or Ranch dressing.

I also eat a piece of baked or grilled chicken or steak; large hamburger patty with fresh tomato/lettuce & mustard; 2 beef frankfurters with a side salad; big bowl of steamed veggies with lots of butter....

Lunch is by far my favorite meal.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 10:14

Stats: 165/148/148 Male 68
BF:23%/15.3%/15%

I ran into the same problem. I work at a hospital, and eat lunch in the hospital caf every day. While there's a great salad bar and usually a daily entre of meat (chicken mostly), I became wary about the dressings, or the sauces used on meats, etc.

So, I've just started brown bagging it. I bring a large salad, a couple hard boiled eggs (or deviled eggs if I have time to prepare them), and some celery sticks w/ cream cheese. The latter I usually save for a mid-afternoon snack. Sometimes I also bring a couple slices of lean ham wrapped around a couple slices of cheddar. Also makes for a good mid-afternoon snack.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 10:24

Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%
Lightbulb

My favorite lunch is leftovers - last night's meat and veggies, and/or a salad. I just heat this up in the microwave, and voila! A nice, healthy Atkins lunch-
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 10:50

Stats: 144/140/125 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

I almost always bring food. Its cheaper and much healthier. I have lots of tunafish, low carb tortilla quesadillas, salads etc.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 10:54

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 167/154/126 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

If I am going "out" to lunch, a favourite is often a large Salad - Chicken and/or Bacon & Avocado variations are normally on most menu's I find. Otherwise its a burger/steakhouse joint - I get them to do me a 6oz burger usually topped with bacon and cheese and ask for a large salad to go with it - instead of the fries and bun.

Occasionally I also enjoy Mussells - and again get them to serve me a green salad with it - instead of the usual fries :-)

Hope that helps a little.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 10:57

Plan: LC
Stats: 200/000/000 Female 5.5
BF:
Thumbs up

Fresh Veggies salad with meat and.... my only - and its mine only,
............My....Whipped Cream .... LOL :-)
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 11:00

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 135/123.0/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

When I used to work in NYC, I would go to a deli that had a "toss your own" salad bar. You picked out the toppings and dressing and they would toss it for you. I used to get everyday, a green salad w/grilled chicken, sliced hard-boiled egg, sliced avocado and sometimes bacon pieces. Now that I am a SAHM, I "try" to replicate that salad at home.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 11:18
Registered Member

Stats: 280/203/200 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Today (monday) - BMT from Subway, as a salad, double-meat, double-cheese, plus bacon, hold the crackers - I keep my own low carb dressing in the fridge here at work.

Tomorrow - BBQ, ribs, ham, & hot links, no sauce, plus Jalapenos.

Wednesday - Chinese food (beef w/ broccoli, or green beans with pork, no rice, no egg roll, no crab rangoon, please!)

Thursday - BBQ again, but this time beef, pork loin, & turkey, no sauce, plus Jalapenos.

Friday - Italian - Spicy grilled Italian sausage with alfredo sauce - hold the pasta, please!

Saturday (brunch) - 3 eggs over easy, bacon, cheese.

Sunday - Steak!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 11:52

Stats: 259/235/170? Female 67 inches (5'7")
BF:
Progress: 14%

I usually pack my lunch for work, too. (*crunch* *crunch* As a matter of fact, I'm at lunch right now...crunching on some celery sticks...) Every other weekend, I fry up a bunch of hamburgers and bake a bag of chicken breasts. Then, I put them in the freezer so I can "grab and go" in the mornings (NOT a morning person!). I wouldn't be able to do this diet if I didn't bring my lunch to work... there are very few options where I am, also. And, too, I just want to stay away from temptations....
When I do eat out, I usually get a Wendy's salad... or a chef's salad, cheeseburger w/o bun, and/or cottage cheese from the family restaurant in town.
The Subway sandwich as a salad sounds great!! I didn't know I could do that - thanks for the idea, gotbeer!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 11:57
Registered Member

Stats: 280/203/200 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Any Subway sandwich can be converted into a salad - their salad dressings are almost all low-fat, and hence, not suitable to Atkins, though in a pinch their low-fat Italian dressing is also fairly low-carb.

Hope that helps!
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 15:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 260/235/130 Female 64 inches
BF:yes it is.
Progress: 19%
Default I eat a lot of the subway salads

I like getting the Subway Italian BMT sandwich as a salad, with olives and cucumbers, oil, vinegar, oregano.

Or the tuna salad, done the same way.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 15:58

Stats: 245/234/200
BF:don't care!!
Progress: 24%

Last week I went out to an Italian restaurant to eat at lunchtime. I chose asparagus in garlic butter with parmesan cheese and then another 'starter' of Italian mixed meats - salami, prosciutto, bresaola, mortadella with a side salad. I didn't even want my friend's pasta carbonara, didn't even tempt me.

I had to go out the next day as well so I ordered a rib eye steak and veggies. They brought cauliflower, broccoli and carrots. I ate them all except the carrots and my friend ate those.

For every day lunch I usually roast veggies in olive oil and garlic salt and have them with whatever meat I cooked the night before. Or a chicken salad with feta and olives. Tonight I'm roasting off zucchini and big mushrooms and some asparagus. That'll all go into the mix for the week! Oh and I'm boiling some eggs too and I already cooked ribs to munch on.

Oh AND I found nitrate free salami to munch as a snack at work with some sharp cheese. Diet? What diet??