Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#331   ^
Old Wed, Sep-22-04, 10:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/177/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi everyone,down another pound today. I'm feeling so much better and I've been trying alot of new recipes. Made some Spanish rice last night . It's amazing what you can do with cauiflower. Hubby loved the recipe so I guess it's a keeper. I have a no noodle lasagna recipe I'm going to try in a few days. I'll let you know how it turns out. Hope everyone has a great day !!
Sponsored Links
  #332   ^
Old Wed, Sep-22-04, 11:20

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 325.4/228/175 Female 5'7
BF:mostly!
Progress: 65%

Hey, the spanish rice sounds wonderful!! Send me the recipe, you always do me good!!
Going walkin with my daughter inlaw today, on the new trail at the local park..catch ya later!!
dark ketosis today! WOOHOO,,,(yes, Im drinkin!!)
  #333   ^
Old Wed, Sep-22-04, 14:46

BF:

Have fun on your walk. Here's the recipe for the Spanish Rice.
1 pound of ground beef
1/2 pound of Jimmy Dean sage sausage
1 small onion , chopped
1/2 cup of green pepper
1 pound of fresh cauliflower grated
10 ounce can of tomato sauce
1 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
2 teaspoons of cumin
2 cloves of chopped garlic
shredded cheddar cheese

In a large skillet, brown hamburger,sausage, onion, and green pepper. Add all remaining ingredients except cheese. Mix well; cover and simmer about 15 minutes. Put in a casserole dish and top with cheese. Bake at 350 until bubbly and the cheese is melted really good.
This is really good. You will need to salt and pepper to your taste. I added more spices according to our taste. It's 5 carbs per serving and makes 6 really big serving. Let me know what you think. Have a great day.
Brenda
  #334   ^
Old Wed, Sep-22-04, 15:38

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 325.4/228/175 Female 5'7
BF:mostly!
Progress: 65%

Thanks, I cant wait to try it,,,,,,
We didnt get to walk,,,but we drove around a looked at the new trail,,,,does that count???!!
  #335   ^
Old Wed, Sep-22-04, 18:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 308/260/175 Female 5 ft. 6 in.
BF:
Progress: 36%

Hi All,

Haven't been here in a while -- I keep losing journals and where I need to be. Not enough time in the day. Looking back on a few recipes -- MMMM Spanish rice I might have to try that one when I go home this weekend. Try it on my DH -- he could lose a few pounds and not even notice it.

Gotta scoot ---- everyone have a great LC Thursday.

Deneen
  #336   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 07:53

BF:

Hi musicmama,
Did you try the Spanish rice recipe ? I've got several new recipes I'm going to try out in the next few days. I think I'm going to make cabbage rolls today. I'll have to treak the sauce so I can really lower the carbs but I'll let you know how they turn out. Glad to see you back Deneen. Let me know if you and the hubby like the Spanish Rice. Hope everyone has a great day.
  #337   ^
Old Sun, Oct-03-04, 21:55
Registered Member

Plan: carbohydrate addicts
Stats: 177.5/177.5/155 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hello!

Had a great weekend and can't believe it is over. We had a beautiful fall weekend in Ohio and my DH, granddaughter who is 9-year-old, and I took a 1 mile walk and enjoyed the leaves. My GD and I took another small walk just to be outside. I love it when my grandchildren come to visit. They live in KY, but they are really only about 30 minutes away from me. We're just across the river.

ArizonaB, I copied those two recipes and they sure sound yummy. I'll have to try them next weekend. I work evenings and my DH works days so we only get to eat together on the weekends. He dearly loves chicken, so I'm sure he would like the Green Enchilada chicken casserole. I love easy lc dishes.

I have been trying to exercise if not daily by the WATP tapes, I have been trying to do my glider. When my knees are acting up, I may skip a day. I really want to go into the winter with a good attitude and staying healthy. The hospital will be giving their flu shots Oct 6 so I want to make sure I get one. It usually even keeps the sniffles away. Working in a hospital atmosphere really makes you appreciate your health. We take it for granted being able to climb out of bed mornings. (Smile)

Ladies have a good week and keep in touch!

Linda
  #338   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-04, 20:09

BF:

Hi Everyone,

Got hooked on the LC jello while I was at home -- haven't made it in forever:

1 box sugar-free jello
1 cup diet free soft drink (or water) of the same flavor as jello
8 oz. sour cream

dissolve jello in boiling soft drink (or flavored water) take off of heat then add stirred sour cream let sit until set. YUMMY.

Deneen
  #339   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-04, 09:15

BF:

Hi everyone. It's been a few days since I posted but I'm still hanging in there. Have had some trouble with my hips and shoulders so haven't been able to exercise but I'm better today. I tried a new recipe for cole slaw because my husband loves cole slaw and crab cakes. The recipe is fantastic. The crab cake recipe can be found on the Atkins site. I follow the recipe with the exception of the bread crumbs. I use almond meal instead of bread crumbs. Here is the cole slaw recipe.

7 cups of shredded green cabbage
2 Tablespoons sour cream
3/4 cup of Mayo
2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon of minced onion
2 teaspoons of splenda
Mix everything together and refrigerate for several hours.
20.4 Carbs, 11.2 fiber Total Carbs of the whole dish is 9.2
A one cup serving is only 2.3 carbs. This is fantastic ladies. Let me know if you like it as much as we do. I'm going to try a recipe for Faux sweet potatoes in a few days. Thanksgiving is coming up so I thought I had better get busy and find some good low carb recipes. I'm going to try some of them out on the family and not let them know it's low carb. I hope everyone is doing OK. Linda, I hoped you and musicmama tried the Spanish rice recipe. I guess I better go for now and get some work done. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
B
  #340   ^
Old Sat, Oct-09-04, 14:10

BF:

Hi Everyone,

Arizona -- never did try the Spanish rice while I was at home. the coleslaw sounds great -- just need to buy cabbage tonight--wonder if you could substitute red wine vinegar for the rice wine vinegar. Hmm might try it anyway.

Glad to be back and online again. For some reason today is going great -- water (80ozs) done and already done my exercise for the day. Of course on the water thingie -- I'm running to the john constantly. Guess my bladder says enough already.

Gotta scoot.

Everyone take care and have a great weekend.

Deneen
  #341   ^
Old Sat, Oct-09-04, 19:36
Registered Member

Plan: carbohydrate addicts
Stats: 177.5/177.5/155 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:

Arizona, I didn't make the Spanish rice either. Haven't been home long enough to cook. Am determined to make the cole slaw. I wondered if there was a good recipe. I hope I can find the vinegar.

Didn't WATP today, but did clean out large flower bed. My back will never be the same!

Have a great weekend!

Linda
  #342   ^
Old Mon, Oct-11-04, 08:23

BF:

Deneen, you can use the red wine vinegar in the cole slaw. I substituted rice wine because I'm not a big fan of the red wine. I tried a Key Lime Pie recipe yesterday for my husband and it was really good. I have another recipe I'm going to try this week so I can compare the two. I'll let you know which is the best and if you want the recipe I'll send it to you. Have a good day.

Brenda
  #343   ^
Old Wed, Oct-13-04, 11:06

BF:

Arizona,

Just hopped in to copy the coleslaw recipe -- making it this afternoon. Going to try it with chicken tonight. Also copied the Spanish Rice recipe -- forgot the tomato sauce when I shopped will have to buy some tomorrow.

Gotta scoot -- cabbage awaits me.

TTYL.

Deneen
  #344   ^
Old Wed, Oct-13-04, 18:00

BF:

Arizona,

Tried the coleslaw tonight. OMG you are my heroine (SIL's too) my SIL swears it taste almost like KFC's and he loves that. Only made half of the recipe as I'm the only one doing LC around here. When all this weight is off they'll wish they had gone Lcing too.

Thanks again for the recipe. Am planning to check this sight out from the first page this weekend to see what other beauties you've got in here.

I've lost 12 pounds since I re-started in August -- tomorrow morning is scale day. Fingers are crossed.

TTYL.

Deneen
  #345   ^
Old Thu, Oct-14-04, 09:05

BF:

Hi All,

Today is my scale day and down another pound. Not much, would have liked more, but I could have gained and been going the wrong way.

ARIZONA -- would you mind passing along the pizza recipe. I'm drooling just thinking about pizza and it's only 10:00. Plan on shopping today to get rest of ingredients for the Spanish rice recipe.

Gotta scoot.

Everyone have a great LC day.

Deneen