Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#316   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 07:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/177/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

How is your son-in-law doing musicmama ? I hope everything is looking up for your family. I went to Hooters last night with friends and stayed right on track. I drank Ice tea and ate naked wings with a Ceasar salad. I've lost 4 lbs since Monday and I'll feeling better already. Hot as heck today. Suppose to be 107 today and 108 all weekend. Pool time !! Got to run for now. Hope everyone has a great weekend !
Sponsored Links
  #317   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 08:16

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 325.4/228/175 Female 5'7
BF:mostly!
Progress: 65%

Well, it turned out the son in law didnt have a heart attack, they called it a cardiac episode. He was overmedicated, due to some doctor putting him on 5 blood pressure meds!! One of them was very dangerous, and his body had become overdosed with potassium. They said had he been alone when he fell, he would have died. So, they put him on only one medicine and told him to start getting some exercise, so I loaned him my exercise bike. he works second shift, so its hard for him to get out and do things.
As for me, i am hilding, yesterday I had the munchies, but didnt cheat with anything high carb, just a nibble of peanut butter here and there. Today will be better, I feel pretty motivated. Last night i almost caved in and went to the chinese buffet!! But we changed our mind, and I avoided a cheat and a bad carb hangover!
thanks for the concern about my family, I appreciate it.
  #318   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 18:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 308/260/175 Female 5 ft. 6 in.
BF:
Progress: 36%

Hi Musicmama,

Glad to hear your SIL is okay. Your munchies were only little munchies - just think you held it in control - could have been worse. Good for you!

Take care and have a great weekend.

Deneen
  #319   ^
Old Sun, Sep-12-04, 12:40

Here I am, back again, finally!! what a week!!
I am feeling great today,,,wore a suit to church that was tight last week, but was looser today. I was surprised because I was having a "fat week", where I just knew I hadnt lost anything!! LOL
I have to admit to a cheat last night,,,I had been wanting chinese food,,,so we broke down and had some...I only had one plate though, as opposed to three,,,and two fortune cookies!! Back on plan today though..and excited about it. I have been taking Oil of Oregano too, and finally the energy thing has kicked in. Walked yesterday, I think that is what is taking the inches off too.
Son in law is doing great, thanks for the concerns!
Well, gotta go,,,hubby is grilling steaks, and I am cooking veggies in the microwave,,,catch ya later!!!
  #320   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-04, 19:32

BF:

I'm 51 and I plan on losing 50 lbs. I don't feel like a senior citizen yet and I'm hoping that low carb will help me stay young for a long time to come. Does anyone know if you can drink the Advantage shakes during Induction. I've just started over after several failed atempts and I can use all of the help I can get.
  #321   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-04, 20:05

Not sure about the shakes...hmmm, maybe someone else will post about that.
i know for a fact that locarb keeps ya young. When I am doing my exercises and drinking my water and taking my supplements, everyone comments on how much younger I look, and I am 57!! So hang in there,,,,its worth it! Who needs an extreme makeover??!!
  #322   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-04, 12:49

BF:

Musicmama you should try Olay regenerist for your dry skin. I love it !! It makes your skin feel like silk and my husband said the little wrinkles around my eyes have gone away. Try it, You 'll love it !!
  #323   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-04, 12:57

BF:

I almost forgot I tried a new recipes last night and my husband loved it. It's really low carb.

Green Enchilada Chicken Casserole

4 cups cooked cubed chicken
2 teaspoons of Taco seasoning
8 ounces cream cheese
1 Tablespoon minced chives
7 ounces Green Mexican Sauce
4 ounce can of chopped green chiles
6 ounces Montrey Jack Cheese, shredded
4 green onions, chopped
Grease an 11x7 baking dish. Put chicken in pan and toss with taco seasoning to coat. Soften cream cheese and whisk well with the chives and green sauce in a medium bowl. Stir in the chiles. Pour sauce evenly over chicken; top with cheese. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove from the oven ane sprinkle with green onions. This makes 6 servings at 4 net carbs.
Let me know what you think.
  #324   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-04, 14:34

Hey, thansk..I will try both,,,the Olay and the recipe!!
Pretty busy, getting ready for the stepdaughter to visit, first time in years. We are so excited!! She has three little girls so I am trying to get food and things ready for them. So, will post more later!! They are only coming for the evening, but I gotta feeling it will be a late one!!
Catch ya later!!
  #325   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-04, 16:40
Registered Member

Plan: G I Diet
Stats: 176.5/173.2/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

Been away on vacation for awhile - glad to see there is still someone here.

Will check back later. I know I've gained some weight that I have to lose again.

Story of my life.
  #326   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-04, 16:50

Welcome back...been there, done that!!
  #327   ^
Old Sat, Sep-18-04, 10:27

BF:

Hope you have a great time with your step daughter and the grandchildren ! The good Lord blessed me with two fantastic daughters 27 years ago when I married my husband. I adore them and they have given me so much love over the years not to mention beautiful grandchildren. Let me know how the visit goes. The whoosh fairy visited me this week. I weighed this mroning and I've lost 6 lbs this week so far. Determined to at least make my half way mark by Christmas ! Have a great weekend !!
  #328   ^
Old Tue, Sep-21-04, 06:24
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/anti candida
Stats: 312/229.7/154 Female 5'9''
BF:
Progress: 52%

Hi everyone, I'm Kath from the UK. Was my 55th birthday yesterday. I've been lcarbing since Jan 2004. Have stuck entirely to plain induction foods & since March have exercised almost daily. - Leslie Sansone 2/4 mile walks. I am also on Atkins & the anti candida diet. I've had quite a good weight loss of 80 lbs, but this is because I've been so strict with myself. I started lcarbing so I'd look good for my daughter's wedding which was on Saturday. (In fact the whole family went on Atkins & looked better for it.) She was ravishing & I felt fantastic. Relatives who hadn't seen me for a year didn't recognise me! I'm now going to move slowly onto Owl & be a bit more adventurous in my cooking, but I'll continue with the exercise as it's now become a habit - I can't believe that exercise is a habit for me.
Really glad I found this thread. Speak to you again soon, Love Kath.
  #329   ^
Old Tue, Sep-21-04, 08:57

BF:

Welcome Kath. This is great forum and everyone here is fantastic support. Great weight loss !! I'm sure your daughter looked fantastic and so did you. I plan on staying on Induction for at least several months and then gradually increase my carbs. I've had to start over several times so this time I'm going to go really slow with the carbs. I have to get back into a routine of exercising but I know what you mean about it becoming a habit. I feel tons better when I exercise on a regular basis. Welcome, once again and good luck with going into OWL.
  #330   ^
Old Tue, Sep-21-04, 10:28

Welcome Kath, great to make another new friend! Everyone here is great!
Having a great time with the daughter, she didntmake it for the visit, baby got sick, but we got her a computer and now we instant message every morning while we drink our coffee. Going down there Thursday for the day.
The DH and I have started walking after dark in our little town, worked up to a mile last night,,gonna go a mile and a half tonight. We met several of our friends while we were walking, so I think we might need to pick another route in order to keep our stride! LOL
Feeling good, not weighing but noticing some changes.
Have a great day everyone!!