Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-01, 23:20

Plan:
Stats: 183/154/130
BF:
Progress:
Talking

Hello, I have been on a low carb diet since September. I was doing great, I have lost 29 lbs. I have fallen, I am so ashamed. But I have not been able to get back on seriously as before. I pass sweets with no problem. I am a bread and pasta fiend......How can I get motivated to be serious again? I want to loose at least 20 more lbs. I need to loose 25. WHAT DO I DO? HELP
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-09-01, 06:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default Keeping on Track

Sometimes it's hard to stay on track. For me I personally find when I "cheat" that one cheat leads easier to another cheat, so unless there is a good reason for "falling on the wagon", I don't. I try to keep my mind frame that the flour, sugar, etc. is bad for my health, not just my weight. I think the "health" issue works best for me. I also always remember the saying "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels". There's nothing that makes your day more than having someone tell you have great you look.

You don't have a lot of weight to lose, but I know you can do it. Have you tried making any of the low carb break recipes? If you really want bread, perhaps that might work. I've had great success with Doreen's Revolution Buns as well. It's nice to have a "sandwich" every once in a while.

Just think how all great all us "lowcarbers" are going to look this spring!! (that's if we can ever get out of our winter clothes!)
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-09-01, 09:50

Plan:
Stats: 203/122/128
BF:
Progress:

I do think its hard to stay motivated when you don't have that much left to lose. You are probably now in a "safe" zone and no longer considered Obese. You've done wonderfully and sometimes you just have to reconsider your goals and what you want.

Maybe make a list of why you want to lose weight and just continue to read and post to keep yourself motivated?

The less you have to lose it does slow way down, but just hang in there and be faithful to the WOE and it will come off

My last 12lbs took me almost 9 months to lose, but it can be done ))

Best of luck
Tinakaye
203/127/128
http://tinabelle.tripod.com/lowcarb.html
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-09-01, 09:52
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile welcome to our forum

hi dolphin,

Keep reading through the posts you'll find all over this message board. Lots of encouragement and positive reinforcement. You're not alone, most of us have had the same struggles as you. 29 lbs since September is terrific! That averages out to be approx. 1/2 to 1 lb a week loss -- which is ideal, and means the weight is more likely to STAY off.

Consider this period of "backsliding" as merely a break, and hop right back on. Don't feel guilty or ashamed ... (I like to say "Stop shoulding on yourself" .. .)

And post often. I felt like I was struggling too, with no support at all here at home...... till I discovered LowCarb Canada last Sept. The support and understanding has been so reinforcing, and helps me stick to my goal. Reading and posting every day is the BEST reinforcement. And as Sharon has noted .. check out our member's recipe page, and Karen Barnaby's gourmet recipes (on the red menu bar at the top). You'll find terrific ideas for lowcarb substitutes for the carby foods you're missing.

take care, and happy lowcarbing

Doreen