Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-27-10, 09:56

Plan: CAD
Stats: 167/150/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default 15 days

My husband and I have been eating primal (Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson) for 15 days now.

I posted about the amazing disappearance of my intestinal distress after only 2 days in another thread.

Well I used to wake up with really stiff joints in my fingers and I thought it was from my job as a server. But I just noticed yesterday after a particularly busy week-end at work that my fingers are not stiff at all.

Also I have been having some back pain that I have been seeing a chiropractor for. The pain was a result of really REALLY tight muscles in my upper back causing things to go out of whack. Another pain that I had associated with my job carrying heavy trays. It's completely gone!

The joints I get the connection to diet, but the back???

Oh and my husband has suffered from indigestion forever. It didn't seem to matter what he ate or in what combination, he got indigestion several times a week. When I was telling him about my fingers and back he realized he hasn't had any indigestion at all since we started.

Yay caveman eating!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-27-10, 09:57
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I get muscle spasms from certain foods. Dairy sometimes.

Glad to hear you guys are doing so well! Amazing isn't it?
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-27-10, 09:58

BF:

Hi Nancy,

I get some too, but never thought it was food related!

Where do you get your spasms if you don't mind me asking and how did you connect it to dairy?
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-27-10, 10:40
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I get mine in my shoulder/neck. I would get a really, really stiff neck that would stay for weeks. I just eliminated dairy for a few months and brought it back. Every time I did I'd start hurting somewhere. Lately though it seems more like it is more arthritic than muscle spasms.

I think legumes may do a similar thing to me. Been having a hard time staying away from the hummus and my shoulder is really giving me issues. Oh my hip too! I wake up in the night when I'm laying on one side and my hip will be absolutely aching.

I need to put down the hummus and walk away from it. Call the bomb squad or something.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-27-10, 11:39
Registered Member

Plan: Blood Paleo
Stats: -/114/- Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacontooth
Well I used to wake up with really stiff joints in my fingers and I thought it was from my job as a server. But I just noticed yesterday after a particularly busy week-end at work that my fingers are not stiff at all.

This really interests me -- I'm still waiting for my joints to ease. Rheumatoid arthritis runs in my family (and blood type) and I've felt stiffness and ache in my hands off and on since I was very young. It eased back when I got on the BTD, but there is residual ache in one or two fingers still.

I'm confident the more into low carb I get, the less I will feel it.

I know it's also recommended to cut out nightshades and I have -- farewell to my beloved goji/wolfberries.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-28-10, 13:09
Registered Member

Plan: Primal
Stats: 368/315/198 Male 6' 2"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Great report Bacontooth. I am finishing my first month also with great results in several unexpected areas. High blood pressure now very normal. Swollen hands after minor exercise or physical labor, completely gone. Massive headaches hitting three or four times a week, completely gone. Down over 20 pounds. No more constipation or painful BMs. I feel younger. My back is still a mess though, but I doubt diet can fix it. Good job and keep it up.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, May-29-10, 08:05

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priiya
This really interests me -- I'm still waiting for my joints to ease. Rheumatoid arthritis runs in my family (and blood type) and I've felt stiffness and ache in my hands off and on since I was very young. It eased back when I got on the BTD, but there is residual ache in one or two fingers still.

I'm confident the more into low carb I get, the less I will feel it.

I know it's also recommended to cut out nightshades and I have -- farewell to my beloved goji/wolfberries.

Hope the diet works for you, maybe it needs time?
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-29-10, 08:06

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grol
Great report Bacontooth. I am finishing my first month also with great results in several unexpected areas. High blood pressure now very normal. Swollen hands after minor exercise or physical labor, completely gone. Massive headaches hitting three or four times a week, completely gone. Down over 20 pounds. No more constipation or painful BMs. I feel younger. My back is still a mess though, but I doubt diet can fix it. Good job and keep it up.

Wow this is really great! Congratulations!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-10, 19:28

Plan: Paleo - VLC
Stats: 163/175/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: -52%

Yay!! So glad to hear it.

Bacontooth - love the name. :-)
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-10, 19:42
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacontooth
My husband and I have been eating primal (Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson) for 15 days now.

I posted about the amazing disappearance of my intestinal distress after only 2 days in another thread.

Also I have been having some back pain that I have been seeing a chiropractor for. The pain was a result of really REALLY tight muscles in my upper back causing things to go out of whack. Another pain that I had associated with my job carrying heavy trays. It's completely gone!

The joints I get the connection to diet, but the back???

Oh and my husband has suffered from indigestion forever. It didn't seem to matter what he ate or in what combination, he got indigestion several times a week. When I was telling him about my fingers and back he realized he hasn't had any indigestion at all since we started.

Yay caveman eating!

This makes me *so happy* to read. We've had similar amazing turnarounds from going as "Paleo-ish" as we can.

Keep it up.