Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2026   ^
Old Thu, May-24-18, 19:50

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Nic:
DDAS means Dear Daughter Across the Street. I have four daughters. I am going to visit the one in D.C. in a couple of weeks. SD is going with me. My granddaughter is graduating from high school. ~ Fun to have the pool open! I seem to remember many pool party with the older son and his friends. And also the younger one. And then some game with a strange name. It is played outside.

Me:
Kinda tired tonight so I am not writing much. Tomorrow I pick up SD and she is here for three days. I will get her boyfriend Saturday and Sunday. They are really cute together.

K-Mom 10x4
Sponsored Links
  #2027   ^
Old Fri, May-25-18, 04:03

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Really is it morning ALREADY????????? Urghhhhhhh dear god I am so dam tired. Hoping this Joe will kick in soon. Can someone say rain AGAIN. Now it is a tropical depression that is supposed to settle right over Atlanta. I am not making this up.

I am not into working today. Its Friday- a holiday weekend to boot. I am in charge of the office today- and guess what- I am leaving at 2 and shutting the place down. Staff will be waiting for that!
I was going to go to Greenville- but it is weather depends. I am grumpy tired. Be back when my mood is better. I just want some sleep- slight sore throat.
scratchy- very scratchy. - catch up later- WOE all good
  #2028   ^
Old Fri, May-25-18, 04:33

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori...SAFE travels. Chat a bit whenever you can!!! Have a blast.

Nicco, nah, she wants to stay with this high school and her friends. I can't move her now at 13, she would be mega ticked at this point HAHA

Plus my mom is 90 and his mom is a sickly 76 so we thought since kiddo wants her last 5 yrs of school here, we would hang for our family also at this point. Time will march fast over us as it does to all.

KM I get ya on being tired I woke up this morning in a daze, out of a very deep sleep, being shaken by kiddo...ugh...still not awake yet. I tell I hate I have to get up for school every morning, hey most days I am up like 5 easily but some days I want to sleep in but can't. 56 and still having to get up for school HAHA it blows

Jaz, I KNOW on the weather. All the memorial day weekend is crappy. Rain here and there, Tstorm popups each night on the forecast. Sure no sun out there today! Dark cloudy and icky. Just waiting for the rain to hit not gonna be a good one but at least you are shutting the office at 2!!

Hey all
simple day
have to hit grocery for a few things

defrosted nice Tbones for grill tonight
might do lobster tails also, not sure
brunch time when I get hungry, thinking just tuna.

So I get a school letter. 6 unexcused abscenses for kiddo...'they' want to talk to me OMG that was 6 times she never gave them the darn note I wrote. I always ask did you hand in your note to cover the day off and she says yes. every time. I know one day I was in her backpack and shoved in her lunch tote was her note. She has only 3 days to turn in a note and be marked excused. Well that one didn't make it 1 of those I can blame on me, we went on longer camping weekend and I remembered like 2 weeks later, oh I forgot to give her note for those days off.....well big deal 1 time no note, but it is 5 more times she never handed in the stinking note! UGH.....so let ya know what they say when I call. Oh, and she still swears she turned them all in Lazy kid. Annoys me to have to deal with crappola like this! I try to avoid this kinda stuff thru my whole life, little pain in the butt things you have to handle even tho ya don't want to and here kiddo is dragging me in HAHA Was thinking of torturing her a bit over it but I wasn't in the mood to be angry so, whatever.....

nothing much more happening. boring day starting here. got a rain cloud over my head HA

take care all
  #2029   ^
Old Fri, May-25-18, 06:34

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all!

So I took a mega walk yesterday - over four miles. The pool company came and opened the pool and basically told me we need to replace both pumps AND have the downspouts from the house diverted alongside and to the back of the house because the water is going under the concrete around the pool and CRACKING it over the winter. I *knew* it was cracking and could not figure out why so thank God he could figure it out and tell us what to do. My DH is brilliant at his work but anything related to being handy is just not in his wheelhouse so we are helpless in that area. So cha-ching cha-ching. This on top of DH deciding he wants to go to NYC for a long weekend for his 50th and he wants to see Hamilton-- I support that, you turn 50 once- but the EXPENSE of this weekend he wants is really damn high. I mean, I could puke over the cost of each Hamilton ticket alone. So now I am trying to decide if I scrap my planned summer trip with DS19 because his NYC trip for two nights is so crazy ridiculously expensive, plus the pool pumps etc etc etc. Not to mention the wedding!

Luckily wedding is already saved for, tuition for next year for DS16 is already set aside, so honestly, we are good for it, I just HATE seeing big things come up on top of each other, when I haven't planned for them. I spend money but in a planned way and I panic fast when something unexpected comes up.

BUT thanks to the N day structure, and even with everything going on with DS16 and with TOM being here, I took myself out and walked it all off. I was really proud of that.

Went out to dinner and to a movie with friends last night- saw The Book Club. It was cute and good for a few laughs.

Leaving in a half hour to see CASA baby in her dance recital! Can you imagine nearly-three-year-olds in leotards? SQUEEEE!!! I will take a video or two, now that I can. I love her!!
After that, a quick Costco run, and then I will come home and mow the grass- get exercise in and a sweat on, before the rain comes tomorrow.

••••••••••••••

Trig- UGH on having to go into the school AND even more on DD not getting the notes in and saying she did. Not a big thing, on the whole, but still frustrating and aggravating. I tell you, hormones put those heads in the clouds big time and add in the lure of electronics and other things and they are just lost!

Jaz- Girl you sound worn out. You need a good weekend. How long will you be going to Greenville? Make sure you get some sleep first. Glad you get to close the office down at 2. Do they already know you will be doing so?

Lori- HOPE YOU ARE THERE AND SAFE!

KMom- Ah! Thanks for the explanation on DDAS. I should have been able to figure that out!
You have a tremendous tolerance for having company and people staying with you. After having people for two visits of 11 days each, I would be SHUT DOWN!

Blue- Hugs and love, girlie!
  #2030   ^
Old Fri, May-25-18, 09:02

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Hello from sunny Edinburgh! No.. Really, it is sunny!

My flights were all on time and perfect. I got here at 10:30AM local time. My friend coming from southern England by train was not so lucky. She's not sure when she'll get here, so I was left to flounder around by myself... Map in hand! I took the tram to center city and found a pub for lunch. Then it was off to find the place to pick up my race packet for tomorrow. OMG, did I walk today! It took me over an hour to find my way across town to the apartment we rented. Thank goodness my friend texted me the entry code. I got in the apt at 3.

A bunch of us were going to go for dinner tonight but there is no way I'm walking across town again today. I suppose I could take a bus, but not familiar with those at all.

I'm happy here stretched out on the sofa. I don't think I slept much at all on the flights. Eyes getting heavy.

I'll let you know if I survive the 6.2 miles tomorrow!
  #2031   ^
Old Fri, May-25-18, 17:36

BF:

Im so glad Lori you made it and the weather is great! I am SO going to google where you are. Tell us where you go so we can "go" too! YAY on safe travels.

Nic- I hear ya GR on not liking to spend on the unexpected. But ya know ya only turn 50 once, and 51, and 52, and and and .....HAHAAHA I get it!!!!! Let it roll, just money.

Trig- Man oh Man- that kiddo of yours. I don't think she is intentional lazy. It is truly just her laid back personality. What is NORMAL for her looks lazy to you. BUT maybe not.
-------------------------------------------------
Ok- That is all I got for right now. NO I didn't tell the bean counters I was closing up shop at 2. Oh well....... Nobody but us were there anyway. just a few of us- like 5 of us. Everyone else was off.

So I bought a sleigh bed today and a beautiful bench to put at my bay window. I have a great mattress and box springs but my apt was too small in the bedroom to have a actual bed frame. I used the metal rails- no head or foot board. Well a KING size bed doesn't do well with that and it is sagging ever so slight- but if I don't fix now, a problem later. I was wanting to do that anyway. I really sorta am 600$$$ lighter! It is Cherry and will match my floors!!!!!

It's the little stuff. but 400 for a door- 300 in landscaping, 3,000 for the car, and , and , and ....... just money huh NIC!!!!! HAHAHAHAH .....DANG!!!!!! This was a WANT, not a NEED. Love my bench too- AND OMG ..... I almost forgot I bought SPARKLE chandelier LAMPS. Like a total sparkle chandelier only as a LAMP- it's on back order until Aug!!! another 175.00- Total BLING- such a SHE BUNGLOW I got going on! So girly! OH yea! Blue- OMG you would love this Crystal lamp- rainbows all over if the sun hits it.

Tired ladies. I just don't know if I am going to Greenville this weekend. Weather is sucking! I need rest anyway
  #2032   ^
Old Fri, May-25-18, 17:50

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals,

Jaz---Very interesting about the brass asking questions about your boss. I really support this kind of action. At a client of mine, the boss of the department I work for has a management style I would describe as "kiss up, Kick down." The person over him who happens to be the president of the company, never asks a question or shows any curiosity about what's going on, and of course everyone is scared to death to go over their thin skinned boss's head. All kinds of stuff going on that shouldn't be going on and big guy has no idea. Because he doesn't connect, doesn't walk around and talk to his employees. It's unconscious sabotage of his own company, because unhappy employees cost their company all kinds productivity=money.

Seems they've got their eye on your boss, which is good because she is incompetent. However, that DOES put you in an awkward position for sure. But like both you and Trig said so wisely, you answer the questions as neutrally as possible, keep personal emotions and accusations out of it, but don't hesitate to answer truthfully and factually. HA! Like that's easy. No wonder you're plumb pooped out!

Trigger---Oh, that kiddo is a little minx! Yet she saves herself with her great grades. Said it before, she seems bored w/school. When I taught high school some of the smartest kids were the most bored. No advanced tracks in those days to stimulate them. One gal would sit in the back row and just stare out the window during class, yet when I called on her she always knew the answers and had done her work. She simply was not engaged. Should have been sitting in a college class. Does Kiddo's school have an advanced track/program?

Nic---Congratulations on walking off all your recent stresses. Win, win solution. I think it's almost impossible to come home from a walk or a run, or a bout of exercise and not feel better.

Oh my, that weekend in NYC sounds so FAB. I get the money thing, and that pool deal doesn't sound like it will be cheap. But I think your first instinct is the right one. You only turn 50 once, add to that the hubby works his butt off in what I'm sure is a pressure cooker a lot of the time. Once you're there experiencing it, just you and him out on the town, bet you're going to be so glad you're there. And Hamilton! Yep, it is almost obscene what they get for tickets, but what a thrill to see it. I would sit on the whole deal for a minute before you cancel anything. You guys are in good shape---leap of faith time.

Lori---Hey Mukker! Guid eeni. Haha. Translation from Scottish "Hey friend, good evening." Googled it. Wow, can hardly believe you're way across the pond in your cozy little apartment. Race tomorrow, it's finally here. Sounds like you had a tiring day. Think you need a wee bit of rest, don't blame you for not wanting to go out tonight. Deagh Fhorten! (Gaelic for good luck, LOL, spell check gave me the dickens over this.)

K-mom--- Will we be starting water again next week? I'm having a very good water week!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had a super lovely night out on a restaurant patio last night w/great couple pals of our. We haven't seen them in 6 months because they live in Panama half the year. Lots of catching up. Plus, just as we were finishing dinner, thankfully, this mother of a storm blew in so fast we hardly saw it coming. I mean it got a bit cloudy for awhile, but all of a sudden the wind whipped up and tree branches were dancing around like crazy. We were sitting under a canvas umbrella. Everyone else ran inside, but I stayed and finished my wine and watched the storm till even I had to give in and go inside. I LOVE a good thunder storm.

Did pretty well on plan. Had shrimp soft tacos, and only a bite or two of the shell, and some dry rub chicken wings. Tiny scoop of ice cream at their house afterwards. Not perfect, but quite good compared to what I had been up to.

Good day at work. Presented project to new client. They loved it, were very complimentary. Sure, they'll think about it and change and revise---they always do---but I could tell they were very pleased. Owner said "This is so exciting." Been a long time since big client has said anything as nice. Nice not to be taken for granted. Down right refreshing!

On plan totally today. Two brats for lunch, pork chop and baked black soybeans for dinner.

Oh, and one last thing, hey if I can tell Nic to let it rip in NYC, I can sure tell myself to keep my trench coat. Yep, sometimes it really is a leap of faith that things are going to be OK, and whether it's Hamilton, or London Fog, treats are a lovely part of life---and they don't always come on our financial schedules. But sometimes you just gotta go w/it. Now gotta say, I need some rainy days.

Last edited by Blue52 : Fri, May-25-18 at 18:22.
  #2033   ^
Old Fri, May-25-18, 17:59

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Jaz---we cross posted.

LOL, between you and Nic, I'm feeling real good about my little old trench coat. Your new stuff sounds totally fab. Sleigh beds are beautiful and so cozy. Beds need head boards at least, design wise, IMO, particularly if they're kings. Otherwise it's just an expanse of mattress that goes on forever. Window seat also sounds yummy. And the lamps! OMG, I am a lamp lover. So many beautiful ones out there and they give such lovely light. I think overhead lights should be used ONLY to find your keys or glasses, quickly. In fact, I think there should be a law against overhead lights, Such dreary dull light, compared to lamp glows here there and everywhere.

I know your daughter will be disappointed, but sounds like you need some serious
Re-fueling time. Hope you get it, without guilt.
  #2034   ^
Old Fri, May-25-18, 18:57

BF:

I wanna show you these lamps- hold on- rooms to go- let me get the number- plus the bed- what the hell...... love new stuff- I have such a cozy GIRL space
back in a sec
  #2035   ^
Old Fri, May-25-18, 19:16

BF:

Rooms to GO
CLAIRFIELD TOBACCO 7 PC KING SLAT BEDROOM
In Stock 3286143P

I only bought the bed- have the rest, mattress, box springs, dressers extra stuff- just needed a bed frame..... must show the lamps

CRYSTAL COLUMN LAMP
Usually available in 2-4 months. 90130077
$149.99

Ok- the picture looks NOTHING like it. It is pure sparkle in person- it stopped me in my tracks. The pictures look dull. But no its not!!!!! It GLITTERS- I bought one got one free- OMG

Well?????? Oh and a bench.....for the picture window so my puppy can see out.
VALERIE GRAY BENCH 33010721

Ok- now keep that TRENCH COAT BLUE- my little shopping spree was a pretty penny at that!!!!! But interest free for 4 years- it will be paid off in 3 months

Last edited by Jaz66 : Fri, May-25-18 at 19:21.
  #2036   ^
Old Sat, May-26-18, 04:40

BF:

Nicco, the trip sounds fab but I sure hear the CA-Ching! bells ringing. Some trips are double or triple just cause of that location and I sure get ya on that hurting the wallet. But we can't take it with us no matter how much we wanna LOL so sometimes we gotta extremely open up the wallet The pumps. yikes! And the concrete patio will have to be addressed at some point probably. Hey, home maintenance is a killer. It is all great while newer, then it all falls apart around the same time and kills ya LOL I so know that one. Around here my almost 30 yr old home is need of stuff to happen, but with my time to sell out and run and travel I don't want to drop the cash here, the next person can do it. ugh you can't win on it.

Blue, sounds like a nice night out and you having a fun time. Weather and wind whipping around ya, I love those kind of storms also. Sounds like work is going well also so yea, keep that trench!!

Lori. Wow. Typing in Edinburgh! Hope you aren't too pooped for your race with all that walking. You have fun days ahead of you my friend!!! Enjoy!!!

Jaz, wow I am giving you a CA-Ching also! Dropping the bucks! It is exciting to furnish a new home! Ahhh, I remember way back when I had fun shopping for things, now it is just an annoying thing for me Don't want stuff cause I want to unload the house sooner than later, no new stuff around here. We are like on opposite sides but I sure can hear the fun in your shopping!

It does sound like you need serious rest time. It all catches up and whammo, you go into exhausted mode. Slow it down a bit Get that energy back! Eat good protein while doing it

OK__GOOD NEWS for me

Kiddo's note means nothing Anyone with unexcused days get this letter printed out automatically. It is a way to push to remind parents to do better and keep an eye on the kid etc.

Standard form letter. I said, then why did it say I had to call you guys and Donna said it is to make you have to do something about it and it cements it more into you to not let them get away with too many days off. UGH yea yea yea.....Donna the receptionist at school is the gal Barb and I rode with many times in older years. Know here well from our horseback riding days, she is down to 5 old ones left in the field and she is over riding now also....oh how old times just flitter away! But anyway, nothing to do on it.

So kiddo comes home and I say....you missy have 1 month of summer school cause of missing all those days! She freaked! She was bouncing around saying she ain't doing it and why her and all and then I let her off the hook. I started cracking up and she got that she didn't have summer school HA HA It was enjoyable to me to torture her!

Horrible weather. Socked in by dark clouds. Cooler out there. Just horrible. Suks to the max.

Kiddo might have her friend sleep over. Heck I didn't even vacuum the pool, no one will use it in this nasty weather.
Will see on that sleepover etc. All kinda in the air, probably not happening anyway.

Might go see a movie or something some day to get thru this crappy weather weekend.

bleck

off to get moving and do a few small things. no big stuff happening here

great day all
  #2037   ^
Old Sat, May-26-18, 07:50

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- How totally cool to hear from you in Edinburgh!! It is so hard to grasp that you are there, so far away!! I wish I could see through your eyes, hear through your ears. I won't lie. I am JEALOUS!! Enjoy it and drink it all in. Taste things and revel in it all! Overseas travel is a huge huge gift.

Jaz- Congrats on the new furniture! That is very exciting. A king bed all for you? Go girl! We have a king also, with a headboard but no footboard. DH being 6'5" there is no footboard ever. We have our mattress turned sideways bc we need to replace it but I'm holding out for January mattress sales at Costco and the poor man's feet are hanging off right now!

Blue- I feel guilty that I don't remember that you taught high school. What did you teach? I can totally see you doing that. I think you would be very relatable and good with teens.

And yes, the trip to NYC and seeing Hamilton will indeed be Fab. I am getting over it. Of course I don't mind spending that money on him for his 50th but boy howdy, it is just hard for me too see that amount of money going to one or two nights. I felt that same way about the HUGE bucks we spent for our portion of the ILs 50th anniversary party and now it is something I look back on and am glad we did. Same for DD's wedding I'm sure. It's all relative.

Your night out with pals sounds lovely and GIRL I can relate to hanging out with the thunderstorm. As you know, I do love a storm coming in! Just lovely and so relaxing. I would have been out there with you! Now ENJOY that trench coat!

Trig- LOVE what you did with DD and the summer school joke. That is fabulous. Wish we all could have seen her face and heard her ranting!!

Our home is over 30 years old also and yep, always something to be done. I do think that when DS graduates we might move. I think probably still a house but maybe a rancher and also NO POOL.

Hi KMom!!

•••••••••••••

I'm about to clear out and get a walk in before the weather turns this afternoon. Right now it is SUNNY. I am thinking a four miler. It's already 80 degrees out at not even 10AM.

We are going to try a new Mexican restaurant that just opened for lunch today. Then I am going to get a good pair of walking shoes so that I don't get plantar fasciitis while the boys go check out this new bowling place that just opened up called The Main Event.

Glad to have this week behind me. It was rough. But life goes on, doesn't it?
  #2038   ^
Old Sat, May-26-18, 09:10

BF:

Awesome morning-

Trig- you are right, I go full throttle then BAM- can't go another step. Fun that you can have fun with the kiddo.

Super slow start to my day- need to get a few things done before the rain comes. And it's dark and drizzle here- .

Be back in a few hours with a real post
  #2039   ^
Old Sat, May-26-18, 11:09

BF:

Jaz we did get some sun for a moment....seems it will be hit and miss, but the sun sent me to the pool and I did what vacuum I could from the edge and it is perfect to swim but dark spooky clouds are coming. just a rotten 2-3 days for us guys!!!
Do what we can when we can thru the rain drops I guess

Nicco, ranch is key. I hate steps and a rancher means you can stay in your home so much easier when older. Smart move on a rancher. No pool is smart to cause I told hubby when older I might just do a 'big old spa' and put the bucks into that, winter I can do HOT water and JETS! oh yea I can handle that one

Thing I love about our rv lifestyle coming is everyone else does it for us...I just find the cheapest way to pay for all that great luxury HAHA Pool at cg, they do the work, I enjoy. Lake at park, right there for me at super cheap cg site prices. At some point I am never a money lover that it mean buy a lot of great expensive things (well I had a few years in there I blew money like it was grown on trees !) but all my savings and being more frugal type means I can spend spend spend while being cheap and get SO MUCH for my dollar and I know how to make that all work.

Dad was like, just take this lakefront house and I will give it to you in the will (value like $520K) and I said nope. We want to travel. I don't want a home anymore, I want total freedom No more tie down. No more maintenance. No more predictability of life. I want off the grid almost, off the path into a whole new way of life...…….so it is kinda like where do you want to go and what are ya gonna do to get it! Once you know what ya want you fight for it I guess. I am fighting for total no noose freedom on the road...…….BUT the biggie is kiddo and her needs. So that might trap me up a bit but we shall see Can't predict the future but a few things we know...like 1 level, no stairs and no pool for the pain of it is a given LOL

gosh I typed a ton, what the heck, I went off topic in a way LOL

long dull day here, bleck!
little of this and that and even kiddo said since SHE STUBBED her toe last night taking off a giant chunk of meat on the end of her big toe, she is now disabled. She wants no movie, nothing. Not even her friend coming over, she said she is super exhausted now and needs peace. WTH? She is so over dramatic! I think a true artsy person for sure LOL She is so unlike me in traits but SO like me in many ways HA

ok done rambling...….sun came out again, might check pool etc while I can.

Oh, one little bird is kinda flying. had to protect it from Bolt in the garage. Baby bird chirping like a manic, momma bird going batty flying thru the garage following baby bird, but I left all doors open and baby seems gone now out into the big wild. No action around the nest, no more babies? Not sure, got to get a ladder and see if nest is empty, if so off it goes and all went down well. Wildlife is so in our face and cute but can be a pain LOL

New groundhogs by the red horse barn. Hubby wants to shoot, dog wants to kill, I say leave them the heck alone....I watch them come out and eat and all so they are something for me to watch from the kitchen window! I win in it all None will be shot by the PC or eaten by the dog!
  #2040   ^
Old Sat, May-26-18, 14:43

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Hello!

My first 10k done and dusted! An international one at that! OMG...the hills! I had to walk far more than I wanted, but finished in 1:19:25. I was hoping to do it in 1:15 or less, but the hills got the better of me. The weather was good, but a chilly wind all day. Aside from the race, I probably walked another 6 miles around the city. Tired me!

Tomorrow morning at 8, my friend is doing the half marathon.. 13.2 miles! I will see her off and them come back to our apartment. Her race finishes out of the city so she will be bussed back when she finishes.

Monday we are spending the day with a friend who lives here in Edinburgh. Should be another great day.

Sorry for not doing personals, but it's so hard typing on my phone.

Hope you are all well.

Hugs!
Closed Thread