Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-27-03, 12:01

Plan: somersizing
Stats: 252/232/135
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Heat Exhaustion

Hi All, Please be careful this summer, I had heat exhaustion, and did not even know it, until I got hurt falling. I was well hydrated, in & out of air conditioning, and shade and felt fine. I tripped 2 times, but did not fall, just thinking I was clumsy. The 3rd time, I fell, but was not hurt bad. The 4th time I tripped(hours later), I fell hard and pulled the muscle in my leg and almost passed out. We had water with potassium in it, as well as an ice pack, and advill with us. My pulled muscle kept cramping, so I knew My potassium levels were down. I still can not drive 2 days later, and feel like a truck hit me. A painful lesson to learn. I will be taking a potassium supplement from now on. Kellie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jun-28-03, 20:25
Registered Member

Plan: Somersizing
Stats: 195/153/125 Female 61
BF:
Progress: 60%

I had a cramping leg muscle for no discernable reason last week myself. I didn't take a potassium supplement but ate cauliflower and cantaloupe for their high potassium levels instead.

I hope you're better now, Kellie.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-29-03, 07:45
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/suzanne sommers
Stats: 161/158/130
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default just Yuk!

Well I don't think my potassium is low...but my stomach has just been feeling like, hard to explain, like a weak stomach. Not quite upset, but like you just dont want to do anything. I feel better when I eat something. I started dieting last week. Do you think I may be doing something wrong here. I drink soooo much water. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
SandraDee
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-29-03, 09:08

Plan: somersizing
Stats: 252/232/135
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Thank You

diamondlil, I am much better. sandradee, the 1st & 2nd week of my loc, I did not feel good, especially the 1st week, upset tummy, nausea, lethargic, bad taste in my mouth, but it does pass, and I believe almost everyone has a few of these symptoms at the beginning. Kellie
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jun-29-03, 10:37
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/suzanne sommers
Stats: 161/158/130
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default yuk!

thanks Kelly for the info on not feeling well. This is horrible. I was almost thinking maybe it could be the temporary filling the dentist put in my mouth!! I almost feel like I'm pregnant...but I'm not. It starts in the morning...and kinda goes away throughout the day. I don't seem to have the bad taste in my mouth. Was the nauseus feeling for you really bad? And what do you think it is from? I'm just very curious, cause we are going away in a few weeks and I don't want to feel this way on vacation!!
Thanks,
SandraDee