Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1246   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-18, 07:06

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

KM wonderful post to read Tough stuff but you continue to raise that bar. Every one deserves challenges in their lives to improve their lives! Harsh seems harsh but then real life lessons and character are learned and improved!

Nicco, omg, yea we are doing the chat with kiddo also. Kinda in very smart short spurts now, not too detailed etc....just kinda putting smart/safe things into her head. Told her how we 'did pot once' and left it behind, which is a lie, but I can't tell her JUST how much WE did party LOL I mean come on, I can't tell her that is OK LOL But another is I told her hubby and I never did anything hard....yes 'kinda tried' a few things harder but never went there cause I was a scaredy cat big time, I couldn't do that to my body at all, and hubby, well he was redneck central and not really around harder things I could get my hands on fast in the city in the North, he was moonshine and weed they grew on the farm HAHA BUT OMG we as parents can truly only hope we GET IT drilled into them and they are way smarter than us My nephew Kevin is now 25 and we chatted and he does some pot and drinks a bit but he said real fast he realized if he wanted a great life there was a 'line to be drawn' on party time and he got smart real fast on that so he got thru the young crazy adult years in fine shape....so fingers crossed for all our young'ins hitting thru it all now!! ugh what a topic lol

Lori, me too, it is about losing some lbs that crept on for me. quitting the smoking and I nibbled things, can't do that now anymore, time for me to buck up and fly right Focus time on what we do want vs. how easy it is to just be and backslide a bit I guess!!

Blue your Vday sounds fab! You guys are such the social butterflys than we are Told hubby the next time we stay out past 8 will be a 'time to remember' cause heck we haven't done that in ages....so with his new found freedom from work, AHHH, we will become night owl people again and out and about? Hmm, no clue on it, cause we kinda have those 'farmer values' now of being up at 4 am and asleep by 9-10 at night, not out driving and party time or anything else for us LOL --eh, just chatting and thinking about what might change or not change.....but you guys sure enjoy your selves with real life activities.

Jazz, holy, what the hell? Ya buy a place, and now work could move 2 hrs further away? well that won't happen cause that is not doable at all, a drive like that would destroy your life. My gosh keep us posted on this idiot situation!

So happy Ava is improving and doing the baby thing with clapping and more Time, time gives us so much as we learn and more and that is what she is doing now, growing on her terms!

Hey all
signing out Nicole early today (but counts as full day of course). Getting her at 11:30....Her glasses came in and I picked up and are super loose, have to take her and them back to be fitted, but they are SO wide vs. how the try on pair was for ordering...might end up in a fight with them about these 'almost seemingly' defective pair LOL but will see how they do when they fit her and how long they 'stay ok' before we have to have them changed/tightened again and all that............bleck

Days are getting a tad more sunny, still very very cloudy but the real rain is gone but the true Carolina Blue Skies are not here.....getting warmer for sure, almost had to put the AC on yesterday LOL

Have to activate/setup new laptop I bought for hubby for his 'retirement' present....that is all he is getting LOL will give to him on his last day at work........hubby is fickle, likes 'new things' and not a fan of kiddo's Dell hand me down, which I now took over anyway HAHA

He is getting big time excited on Texas trip.....he is checking driving route and all smiles saying we are going over Lake Ponchetrain (spelling) and they have alligator hunting there and more........thing is I haven't seen him really care or get excited about anything truly in years now, hmm, I think hubby is gonna surprise me and bounce back in good form

ok off I go to get crap done, great day all
Sponsored Links
  #1247   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-18, 08:05

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig- You first, because you had me grinning all over about your Chop and his growing excitement about his trip. You KNOW that speaks to this traveler's heart! You guys are going to be heading into a new phase of your relationship and I am so glad to have a front seat to watching it all play out.

Also smiling because you have indeed moved on to using the kiddo's laptop? Did you adjust to the speed of it after all?

I want some of your sunny days. It has been gray and rainy around here and it's a bummer. Although it was WARM yesterday- close to 70. I was sort of hot last night with our fleece sheets on the bed! Fan was on for the first time in months.

Jaz- That is freaking RIDICULOUS. Just ABSURD. Can't you just ask the Manager of the other department straight out what is going on? Apparently he knows more than she is disclosing, so can't you just find out what you need to know from him?

Super excited to hear about Sweet Ava and her steps forward. Please remind me- what is your actual age, and then what is her adjusted age? She isn't really old enough to be sleeping through the night yet is she? Well, and if she is, is she HEAVY enough to be sleeping through the night? Bless your daughter's heart though, I bet she is concerned about her DH being out of town and such since she has barely been holding on as it is. Glad you are going there and can help her out. I do hear what you are saying about sleep but you can turn in super early Sunday night and do some catching up. PLEASE take pictures while you are there and share them!!

Lori- GOOD FOR YOU!! You got on that treadmill and did your thing. Well done! I'd like to set up an exercise area also, I think. We could probably just set it up in the back part of the basement family room, since that is where the TV is.

No doubt some of what you are seeing on the scale is water weight but good to keep an eye on it and get things back in shape. It is hard when you have been vacationing, I know! I will be in your shoes when Dh and I get back from our cruise/trip in a few weeks time.

KMom- Yes, there are numbers on the door but IMO these are just easier to see, more fun, and great keepsake/momentos. We have old ones on our fridge from our cruises with the kids and our sweet Anniversary one on our fridge now just waiting to go on the door. I am a very visual person!

I am sorry to hear about your sweet SD. I know it hurts your heart (and hers, and his.) You are doing the right thing. I have to say though, that I get it (on a far different, less complicated level) because I have a tendency to sabotage things that really matter to me at times as well- to mess something up before I get my heart set on it and then am disappointed. Almost like a pre-emptive failing. So hugs to all concerned.

I'm sorry that your knee is so very tenuous. It sounds scary! I would be worried about falling also, if my knee felt like that.

Blue- Will definitely look at any links that you send!

Your Valentine's Day sounds absolutely WONDERFUL. Joyous and happy and fun- just what you needed!! I am so glad. Things like this will shore you up and help propel you forward. I can hear your spirit ring in that post!

•••••••••••••

Got my CASA visit in yesterday with my Little. She is too cute. Her daycare, though, is pretty darn crappy. I was a preschool teacher, so I know how it can be, but dang if those teachers were doing squat yesterday. I came in to the classroom and the kids all flooded me (as they do- new blood!) and all three teachers were just sitting there, not doing anything with any of the kids. I hugged on all of them and then sat of the floor and started reading books. After that, I put on music and we did a ring-around-the-rosy type circle, then a train around the classroom, then some hopping etc. I was there for an hour. NOT ONCE did any of the teachers interact with any of the kids except in the last few minutes I was there, when one of them started taking them to the bathroom in sets of three. One of the teachers thanked me for 'giving them a break.' Again, I get it, but I also get that if a visitor comes into your classroom and you never once get up, and you don't see that as a cause for concern, then you are doing it too much. KWIM? CASA baby SHOULD qualify for additional services at 3 and I hope she does bc I would like her out of that daycare and into a better situation.

I did a lot of cooking yesterday- two different recipes for the pork belly, and one recipe for a low carb granola. The granola is REALLY GOOD. I recommend it! Not sure if I can link it here, so look up "All Day I Dream About Food" and "peanut butter granola recipe." Easy to make and delicious.

The pork belly just came out okay. I tried it two completely different ways. I do feel like I have a better understanding of what I am dealing with now, as far as this cut of meat goes, and also what Five Spice is and how to use it, and how to deal with the fat layer on the pork belly. So it was not all for naught!

This has been a funky week. The weather has been gray and rainy, the temps fluctuating (it was near 70 yesterday) and I've woken up with a headache a couple of days and just a general feeling of Ick. Come on, spring! Looking forward to FL and some sunshiney warm days. Soon!

Guess that is about it. Gotta get DS16 ready for his church retreat this afternoon, as he leaves tonight, and then DD and I leave tomorrow for her Xmas present trip to PA for a long weekend. DH will hold down the fort!
  #1248   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-18, 08:06

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds

Tuesday: Jaz 4/5, KMom 5/5
Wednesday: Jaz 6/5, KMom 4/5
Thursday: Jaz 6/5, KMom 5/5

Great job on the water, Jaz! Keep it up!

Blue, looking forward to joining starting next week.

So many reasons to drink water for me. Just. Gotta. Do. It!
  #1249   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-18, 08:17

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco ya had me laughing cause I HAVE NO SUN days here, I am still waiting after weeks of super cloudy and rainy to the max and just icky days. Thing is they are bound to hit, and soon, like today I 'see some sun' as I went down to feed the goats.

Same, low pressure storm systems, kill the sinus for sure, been dealing with it for weeks now.....omg I should literally take stock in sinus meds I feel for ya, same thing here, ain't ever fun, JUST knocks ya out of sorts, you aren't sick but you aren't all there either!

Ahh, yea the Pork Chop is going wild. Texted me info on Grand Isle State Park in LA........like we can go there tomorrow or something LOL but it shows me he is planning, thinking and wanting to move out and travel...........might be a darn crazy ride around here and if it gets weird ya'll will hear me complaining about it Heeheeee....

ya leave tomorrow for PA trip, be safe and have a blast.

I found great church pre-school for kiddo and luckily she got out one year before the pastor there went ape crazy and de-nounced all 'gay people' as 'sinners and vermin to be eradicated' and all hell broke loose on their church etc......the pre-school teachers and way more quit the church immediately and we were stunned this guy went into this stance....wasn't my church in the least bit but I heard thru the grapevine the pre-school teachers were the best, and if by gosh they were the best I ever seen! Now see that, wild crazy insane stuff goes down even when you find the best of the best and then the crazy kicks in and ruins everything..............oh my, just spouting, yes this is the insane that happens around here in the more boonie areas. oh well....lol.....
  #1250   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-18, 08:23

BF:
Progress:

Lori:
Maybe hanging that LBD somewhere you can see it will help. Will you try it on today, or wait till you lose a few pounds? I still need to look it up. Good job on getting so much in so early this morning.

Jaz:
Great news about Ava, however your job situation sucks. What a mess. Can't wait for you to get into your new house. I am smiling now just thinking about it.

Blue:
Loved hearing about your special Valentine's Day. "The whole thing just lifted my heart so much." Love this. Your heart needed lifting! Good job on maintaining your weight. I am hoping you are encouraged by that. With some effort, I bet you can start going down again. If that effort is not there, then just keep on doing what you are doing. But also, be careful of carb creep.

Trig:
Again, I just get so giddy thinking about your husband and the freedom he is feeing and how he is slowly returning to his own self! I remember you describing him one day of how he USED to be versus how he was now. That guy is coming back! Hope you can get some weight loss. Seems like you are very motivated. Sounds like you are CapD!

Nic:
How was the Pork Belly? I tried it once, but remember I was not that impressed. ~ I love this statement. It made me smile big time..."if I'm going to get undressed and have to try to on dresses, then I'm going to really go for it and just try to get it done." Hope you find a dress you just love...and love how it fits!

Me:
Good news. I walked a little more at the mall yesterday. Man, I was so nervous. But I wanted to see what would happen if I just kept going. My knee seemed to get stronger and stronger. I was not confident because at the airport when it buckled, I had been walking a long time. Just going to take it little by little, adding the treadmill as soon as possible.

SD is a mess. So is her SB. So am I. But I know I am doing what is right. I have been trying for ten years to get this area in her life stronger. Not giving up now. On to year eleven! She is showing more reasoning skills which helps so much. She never ceases to amaze me.

O4...Ahhhh. Just love starting my morning with it.

K-Mom 10x4
  #1251   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-18, 08:35

BF:
Progress:

Nic:
We were cross-posting. I think I saw that granola recipe and saved it to my favorites last week! The one I saw mentioned that it tastes really good as a snack too! I will look the one you shared up. I would love to make a granola that I love and have it on hand for a snack and also to add milk to! Thanks for sharing about that! I have two bags left of the granola I ordered online, but it is pretty expensive. ~ Hope you and and DD have a great time together this weekend!
  #1252   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-18, 10:14

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

LBD is here and it fits!! Slipped right on. I could have gone a size down if I didn't want to be able to sit down.

I sent some pictures to those of you I have emails addresses for. Sorry for the poor quality, I am a horrible selfie taker!

I also found an elbow length top to wear under my short sleeved shirts for work this summer. I ordered it from Nordstrom. It covers the ugly upper arm flab but is light enough to wear as a layering piece. It is white and I also ordered a black one. I will feel a lot more comfortable working with the public without my wrinkly, inner arms showing. Ugh.

Ok...enough of that. Have a good day everyone!
  #1253   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-18, 18:32

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Jaz---I just just checked out all the pix of your new home. WOWZA, girl you did good! Your floors are GORGEOUS!!! I just love the whole feel of the place---a real home, tidy and neat and just Jaz and Bella size, and yet, it feels very spacious to me. I can hardly wait to see pix of what you do with all that lovely light filled space. Man, this makes me so happy for you.

OTOH, that work thing is just cray cray. So are you saying you'd have at least a 3 hour commute both ways every day?! That's insane. Wouldn't be time for school or anything else. Hopefully you can work out something like a 3 days in office, 2 days at home or 2 days in the office, three days home, whatever, scenario.

Trigger---Like all your pals here, I'm so tickled to hear about the Pork Chop coming alive again. He's WAY TOO YOUNG, to give it up to body/spirit destroying work, even if it pays a lot.

Hey, Lake Pontchartrain is a HUGE lake, but its southern end bumps up against the French Quarter in New Orleans. If you're going to be in the area, bet you wouldn't have to drive far to experience the French Quarter. Hubby and I have been there many times because we find it so romantic. Food is fab, atmosphere is great---just mostly stay off Bourbon Street, the T-shirt, junk street...although has some good music. But, w/the kiddo you won't need that.

If you could spend just a day in the French Quarter, I'd give you some tips on how to make it a cheap, wonderful day.

Nic---That story about those "caretakers" just sitting on their rumps really P'O'd me. But I did have this lovely visual of you reading, and leading the bunny hop, and all the children rushing to grab on to you. Still, there should be a lot more day "care" involved.

Going to check into your granola recipe. On my endless list of things to do.

Lori---So cool you have that exercise room. And yet, I get you in that there's nothing like being in a great class with others. There's an energy there it's pretty hard to capture all by yourself.

K-mom---Hang in there honey. Sorry to hear SD is suffering for her behavior, but sometimes that's what it takes...for all of us, as you well know. Good on you for putting your foot down, again. To continue to challenge better behavior from our children is our job, not for us, but for them and their chances at a good life. Your SD WILL get it, even though she has to struggle with so much more than most of us. But the only way she can be happy and growing is TO GET IT. I met her. She can do that. May take longer that you would have wished, but my money is on your SD.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a super productive day today. Did my "one thing" and it grew to much else, in ways I'd love to chew your ears off with, but I'm happily tired from my efforts, and have earned my escape now.

Of to watch a new series w/hubs, and enjoy his most excellent meme's fried chicken and LC baked beans.

I've had two protein shakes today, each different from the other, but both keeping me satisfied, and helping me come in at about 25 NCs today, and I call that...

ON PLAN.
  #1254   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-18, 18:41

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Oh...and Nic, or anyone else interested...

Finished "Born a Crime" and really liked it. I liked Trevor Noah's honest and fresh voice, his description of a world I will never know or probably visit. It is amazing to consider his coming of age stories, when looking at his success now.

I don't think any of us not born into his circumstance can ever understand how much get up it took to get where he is. Simply outside of most of our experiences, and you don't love everything he did. But one thing that comes across really strongly in this book, is that survival is different for all of us, highly influenced by the culture and history we were born into.

Learned a lot reading this book, and it was effortless as he's such a good story teller. The part about his mom was in equal parts inspiring and horrifying.

What were your thoughts on this book?
  #1255   ^
Old Sat, Feb-17-18, 04:16

BF:

Good Morning!

Saturday morning and I'm up at 4:30.....you know why. My furry alarm clock is getting Spring fever and is anxious to go out in the morning. Now, about Spring....we are supposed to have 1-4 inches of snow tonight! WTH?? I have to work 4-10 tonight so will no doubt be coming home in snow. Not looking forward to that.

Jaz...hope you made it to your DD's ok...or are you going this morning? I know she is looking forward to having you there for a couple days.

Trig...vacation planning....woohoo! What grand adventures you will have!

Nic...safe travels to PA! Hope you have a great time. I think you will be having some snow as the storm that we are going to get is going to be worse in SE PA, I think. Stay safe!

Blue...YAY for a productive day and on plan too! Success for sure!

KMom...hugs to you for the turmoil in your family. Tough love is never easy.

I have to make a grocery store run this morning, but other than that, I won't be doing much. The "night" shift is my least favorite, but I'll get thru it. I have to go back tomorrow morning at 9:30 and work till 2 and then I work another "night" on Monday. I asked for a part-time job and boy I got one!

Time for coffee! Have good days!
  #1256   ^
Old Sat, Feb-17-18, 06:09

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

Leeann- I loved your post, but It made me sad too! I just hate to think of those poor kids. I am sure they are neglected from what you describe! How sad! I wonder if the parents know? You know in this day and age they have camera's that you can watch your kids in situations and even pets now. Were there camera's there?
I dunno but I am glad you are over seeing that baby! Did you say you were done seeing this little one now? Can you still see her if you wanted to?
I would want to see how she does. It would be hard to have them for 3 years and let them go! You are an angel!

Trig- I think it's great your PORK CHOP wants to travel! When does the hubby retire? I think a few months of NOT working and doing other things and adjusting he will be just fine!

Your description of the "church" daycare had me laughing. But unfortunatually it's likely true. Where do you think SNL was able to come up with the CHURCH LADY?! Man I miss the old SNL!!!!

Blue- I am so happy you are tuckered out from "doing". You just keep on keeping on! Love that you are back on plan Stan!
How is your DS doing these days? Is he still loving his new position? Any fun stories? I bet he see's alot in the food industry. Has this position sparked an interest for him to cook? Just wondering. I have heard that some chef started off that way! Way cool!

Lori- Loved your dress. It is exactly the way you described it! You also look terrific in it! I don't know what your thinking! But dang girl!
Are you working this weekend? I don't hear you talking about the golf itch! Whats up with that???????

Kmom- YAY on the walk! You know the nurse in me is now going to come out:KEEP IT UP!!!! You are to young to sit out. So you just keep on moving sister!
Besides you can look at this as a "training" for your cruise. I am sure you will be doing some walking on your "port" days right? Where are you stopping? Take some pics.
-----------------------------------------------

Boy I just love a jumping thread! Yes you all are correct- They are going to have to let us work from home at least half the time. If not 99% of us will be looking for a closer job.
I did find out from the other manager that the office is slated to close in June LATEST! - I let the staff know. Announcement from my leaders? Crickets........... Chirp chirp

HOLY MOLY I stepped on the scale today. That is all I will say about that. I am treading up . Time to turn this train around. I "feel" it too!
I really didn't think I was up THAT much- but at any rate I guess I am. I feel "thick". I have been eating Cobb salads with grilled chicken from Chick Fliet - I have been getting one every night for the past week. I have not cooked in a week- since last weekend. And I can sure tell.
I thought Cobb salad was a safe bet. BUT OBVIOUSLY not. So back to MY kitchen I go.

I know my DD has salmon and a garden salad for me. She is SO HAPPY to get a break. I think if I said no she would arrive at my door step and drag me by the hair back to her place and plop a baby in my lap! So off I will go- in about an hour. I WILL TAKE PITCURES! Watch for them!

I will spend the night and be back here early afternoon tomorrow. I have stuff to do too!
Thankfully Jury duty is not one of them! I was dismissed for Monday!

Yes- I too can't wait to move into the "doll house"- I have named my home. I will keep it forever. Even if my situations changes- it would make for a GREAT rental! Awesome location! 26 days and counting!

Yes- beautiful floors! I will hurt the first person to DRAG or drop and mark them up! Thankfully all the appliances are already in place! So usually they are the thing to hurt a floor! Did you all see that BEAUTIFUL GAS STOVE??? I have always wanted a gas over electric. Can't wait to get in it.

Ok all- Turning this gravy boat around for some THINNER docks! HAHAHAH
  #1257   ^
Old Sat, Feb-17-18, 08:24

BF:

Hi all! Happy Saturday!

Lori, you are absolutely right- DD and I are headed into the storm. Such a bummer, timing wise! There is no other weekend we could go though, so we are going ahead.

I hope your work day goes well. You look absolutely gorgeous in that dress, Miss Thing! Just lovely!!

Trig- The sun is out today! I am stunned. It is a short term thing I'm sure but still very exciting!

I hate hearing that about the preschool/church. I just hate it. Ugh!

KMom- You are a good and strong Mom. Sometimes being a Mom absolutely stinks, especially when we know we are doing the right thing, which is also the hard thing. I am proud of you. You love well.

Great news on the walking! WTG!!

The granola- it is yummy but I haven't eaten much of it after initially making it because there are a lot of nuts (obviously) in it and I'm not a huge fan of that. DH absolutely loves it though and I am glad to have it for him. He is down 15 pounds from January!

Blue- ah, the French Quarter! Pure gorgeousness. Have you been to Mother's? Such amazing shrimp Po'Boys though although I guess Trig wouldn't be indulging in that. If I were there, there are three things I would eat some of: one of those Po'Boys, half a muffuletta sandwich, and a couple of beignets. I would leave a very happy girl! Plus of course walking a graveyard and enjoying the amazing homes and architecture of the area.

You are coming alive, dear girl, and I am glad to see it. You've got some of your Mom's "pip"-ness in you! Can't keep a good girl down!

I looked at your suggestions and quite honestly loved the first one. Unfortunately it comes only in a 16 plus. But I will keep looking because I might be able to turn it up in a different size eventually. I am still deciding between a pants suit and a dress. I know I will catch all kinds of flack from certain family members for wearing a pants suit and I have to decide how much I care about that. Probably not much!

Born A Crime- What a storyteller Trevor Noah is. I actually would like to "read" it again via an audiobook just because he apparently does an excellent job at it. I thought he is an incredibly smart young man and his brains and adaptability really saved him from a life that was difficult but would have been so much more so. His mother was very, very strong and thank goodness for that too because otherwise he would not have gotten out. Obviously some things that he did, and that she did, were questionable, but that is from the outside looking in. Being in it is undoubtedly different. He was blessed with the ability to size up a situation and react quickly and well to it, and used his immense brain power to learn various languages etc to diffuse situations. Just an amazing read all the way around and I have great admiration for him.

Jaz- LOVED the pictures of your Doll House! I am assuming the inspection went A-OK and there were no problems or issues? Thanks for sending out the pictures and I am so looking forward to seeing pics of Baby Ava too. Could you please remind me of her chronological and adjusted ages?

A three hour commute would be absolutely and completely beyond ridiculous. The gas costs, wear and tear on the car and loss of quality of life would really make me question keeping the job if that actually occurs.

Have a great time with the grandkids!

••••••••••••

Getting ready to go hit the shower and then pack up for the long weekend with DD. Looking forward to some fun, some rest, some chill time and some shopping time. I've got my Kindle preloaded also, primarily with a few books I have been saving up for next week's trip to Florida, but of course also for this one, as well as a backlog of magazines to peruse. I'm taking my pillow and my french press coffee maker, bacon and eggs. I'm sure without a doubt I will not be fully on plan but I will also NOT be fully off plan either. I have made good progress and don't want to reverse it. I am well keto adapted at this point now so that helps.

Take a listen to the Next to Normal soundtrack and see what you think. Very compelling musical.

Snow is coming and we will be driving during the initial part of the storm once the musical lets out, unfortunately. After that though we should be well set to wait it out. I am hoping that we can go shopping by Sunday afternoon unless they close the mall. We are staying 2 miles from the mall and all the restaurants and such surrounding it.

Once I get back, I have a crap ton to do Tuesday and Wednesday before we leave on Thursday. Very busy!

Hugs!
  #1258   ^
Old Sun, Feb-18-18, 04:59

BF:

Good Morning!

Long day, short night! I went to bed about 11:30 last night and up at 5 this morning. Not enough sleep for this old gal. The roads were not great when I drove home last night, but not too bad. The highway was just wet, but our little road was treacherous. I was having a bit of hip pain at work last night....not sure what that was about. Seems ok this morning, but we'll see what standing behind the cash register does for it today. I was going to do my treadmill run this morning, but think I'll wait till after work and see how the old hip feels.

Jaz....I loved the pictures you sent. So sweet with you and the kids.....and the dog too! Hope your overnight went well. Safe travels home!

Nic.....hope the weather did not impact your plans too badly. I didn't get to see a weather report to see how much snow Philly got. Stay safe!

Well, I need to get a couple cups of coffee in before getting ready for work. I'll be so glad when 2 o'clock this afternoon gets here. I may come home and take a nap!

Have a great day everyone!
  #1259   ^
Old Sun, Feb-18-18, 13:34

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Made it home! Short post. My time was just SO SO busy. WOW little Ava- she isa doll. But ya know they are born with a personality right from the rip. She is a fighter, no doubt but is a lover as well. This gal wants held ALL the time. She is scared to be put down. I didn't relalize all the emotional damage she may have experienced in the NICU. She was left for hours to just cry and not be attended to. She really does get so frightened and scared and desperately wants help. It is written all over her face. I don't care how old you are- fear shows. She was not attended to. My DD was only able to be there in the morning, because of the 2 year old in the afternoon. she she was left to cry it out until the next morning. She really wasn't attended- to. Just tasks done to her. When you get near her face with your hands her eyes get super wide and she gasps. I saw it.
So I held her 99% of the time I was there. My DD was so relived for another set of hands. The baby settled right into my neck, and grandson on my lap! They loved me coming and justing being.

Made them 2 huge meals with tons of left over for them . Last night made POT PIE- crust, cheese and all- it looked amazing. I heard it was just as good. Made my own gravy from butter milk and chicken stock. Crust on top- baked- they loved it. Made 2 pies.

Before I left I made ham and bean soup in the IP. It sound be done as I type this. It smelled delicious. I used the 15 bean soup mix, ham, bacon, onion, and garlic, and more garlic, carrots, and it just smelled like a grandma dish! I miss beans sometimes. I know the soup will be amazing.

I was wanting soup because of theirs I came home and have some in the IP too! Mine however is a LC soup. Meat ball veggie- in chicken broth, 1 can tomatoes- spices. Done- will be ready in 2 hours.

Catching up on laundry, cleaning, and school. I all the stuff I would have done yesterday. It's all good. Would not have traded the smell of a new baby and and cuteness of the grandson.
HE is a spitfire and REMEMBERS EVERYTHING! This GIGI had to be every so mindful or words!

Ok- I have to tell you something. I can tell you because nobody really knows me. I mean, you know what I mean. But I just have to tell somebody. My daughter might be pregnant. She is well very anxious. She is overwhelmed.

She was like: mom- I gotta tell you I had a whoops issue last week. Well no explanation needed. She is not on ANY birth control right now. Whoops! Not that I would not love another grandchild- but HOLY MOLY- NOT NOW!!!!!!- Gosh for bid- she has issues with this one, IF IF IF that is the case. She is rather frantic at the thought and we won't know for another 3 weeks.

However both she and are are the most fertile females I know! - oops! Lets cross our fingers no- for just now and re-think it in a year or TWO!!!!! I am trying not to go there in my head what that would look like for them- Dear sweet Jesus!

Inspections went well....... all going according to plan. I plan to start calling arrangements for the move in . utilities, cable, change of address, movers. I can always cancel if something comes up. But there is a wait time here- so best get it on the books!

Very tired- and so happy to be home. As much as a adore my kids- I am also happy to come home to my quite space and not be "needed". I have served my time!!!!!! LOLOLOL

Ok ladies - personals in the morning!
GA blues, warm 70-72 southern air and just picture perfect for Feb. As you can see from photo- I was in shorts yesterday. BTW- Loved and hated the photo. Loved it for the content- horrified I look so dam big! I don't feel like that photo person!

Great day ladies
  #1260   ^
Old Sun, Feb-18-18, 18:43

BF:

Hi all!

Quiet around here this weekend.

Jaz, I *loved* the pics you sent. And once again, it never fails to surprise me how people see themselves vs how others might see them. I tell you, both with this set of pictures and also with others I have seen of you with your grandson, I am surprised because you look smaller than I imagine. And then I am surprised again when you say the opposite! I am not just saying that. I do not see what you see!

Lord help that would be a heck of an oopsie. I actually will cross my fingers for your DD because that would be terribly overwhelming for her-- for anyone!!

So glad you went and stayed with them, had grandkid time etc. I know your DD was so relieved to just have you there. Also really nice to cook them meals.. you are a wonderful Mom and Grandma!

It makes it much harder for Ava to be on oxygen because she can't just popped into a carrier, right? My youngest DS REALLY needed a lot of physical contact. I bought one of those carriers that is kind of like a sheet/blanket thing that you can configure in different ways. I would strap him on my front, on my side, on my back- all kinds of ways. He just needed that constant touch. I don't see how your DD could do that though, if Ava needs to be hooked up to O2.

Lori- Hope your hip was better as the day went on.

••••••••••••••

Snow was a blessed total non-event here and the plows did their thing. I was very impressed. DD and I were at the King of Prussia mall by 11:15 (opened at 11 today) and we crawled out of there at quarter of six. Man oh man, we got our steps in today. AND we did not even see the whole thing. It is insane. At first I was thinking, this is not so big, then we realized we missed whole sections AND there was essentially another whole mall attached to the one we were in. By the time we were leaving the mall I was definitely waving the white flag.

I've been so off plan while we have been gone. I won't even lie! Thank goodness this is a quick trip and we are going back home tomorrow!
Closed Thread